Pfloyd gets a "W" !!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Pfloyd gets a "W" !!!

Post by pfloyd »

... I just got back into Logan from C'bus ... OSU / The James ... was there from 10am - 5'ish pm ... one long day of early CT scans ... blood draws and a 3:40pm appointment with my oncologist for results ... as I've posted before I was diagnosed with Stage 4 Melanoma in October of 2010 ... I had 4 years of intense treatments trying to stop the metastasis of the cancer - I've had my lungs resected , lymph nodes removed, nodules removed from my liver & lungs ... my final big surgery was 2 summers ago removing a foot of cancerous intestine ... napkin stats include: 43 days/nights in the James ... 4 separate immunotherapies ... high dosage interferon ... 65 leukine self injections ... a record for the most over night weight gain in one stay when treated with IL-2 ... gain of 31 lbs of water/fluid gain ... coded 1 time during that stay at OSU ... when first diagnosed the oncologist team gave me less than a 50% chance of making it through the year ... we ALL know that those kind of odds simply bring out the competitive spirit in a person ... I played sports in school ... I have coached in HS for 20 years prior to getting sick ... don't tell me I DON'T have much of a chance LOL ... I'm still here 6 years later ...

... On Jan 19th I had a one year CT scan that found "something" - a new nodule on my left lung and apparently a 2nd area of concern for the oncology team as well ... that set into motion a protocol for another CT scan 8 weeks out from the Jan 19th scan ... THAT brings us full circle to today March 13th - my CT scan came back with : one area of concern on the back side of my left lung - whatever was there is now gone ... the NEW nodule - stable, no change what-so-ever !!!! the blood work came back - PERFECT ... the CT Scan - PERFECT !!! ... Pfloyd picked up a couple of "W's" today !!!

... I thank you all for all of the prayers and support ! ... the Warren Warren's basketball TEAM with a post game prayer with Pfloyd attending - gives me chills still thinking about those young men and coaches ... so many Coaches have text me this morning - Coach Huffer (Chillicothe) , Coach Combs/Coach Carpenter from Vinton Co. , Coach Hoops for Unioto ... I am so humbled by the outpouring of support from all of the hoops fans Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ... you folks are unbelievable ...

... I was sitting in the Cheap Seats at the Convo the first weekend of Basketball Thirty ... Heath Unger - a fine player who graduated last season from Eastern Brown stopped up to the Cheap Seats to say hello , talk hoops, fill me in on him taking classes at Shawnee State ... great young man ... he left but within a minute or two Heath came running back up- said "I'm praying for you Pfloyd" ... THAT YOUNG MAN is an example of ALL of the youngsters the fine coaches are turning out from their programs - taking young kids and turning them into young MEN who care for others ... "darn kid brought tears to my eyes" ...

... Coach Hoops sent me a text after he found out the scans were good today ... Coach said "Best WIN of the tournament happened today! congrats." THAT is an example of the coaches who are molding the youngster that play basketball in SEOhio... great coach an even better person ...

... pfloyd shares today's WIN with all of you ... thank you all ...

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Re: Pfloyd gets a "W" !!!

Post by Chieftain Fan »

Really good news ! A BIG "W" IN YOUR HEALTH IS THE ULTIMATE !!!!!!!!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

This is great to hear... 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

Awesome news PFloyd. Now time get all your napkin stats ready for some regionals!! I was up by Logan bidding on a job today and being there made me think of you. I have seen my wife battle for the past 10 years with breast cancer at 30 and thyroid cancer at 34. I see the fighter in her that you show us here on this site. God is good!!!! So ready to watch the Vikings on Thursday!!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

If you gotta fight....you might as well win.

Congrats pfloyd, happy for you

Gold and Blue
Freshman Team

Post by Gold and Blue »

Great news for you. The Clay Panthers wishing you the best. God continue to bless you.

clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

Post by clevelandbrowns#1 »

Great, great news!! You are an amazing, positive man! Thx for what you do for southeastern Ohio basketball. I don't think you honestly know just how many people look forward to your rankings and write ups!! Great day for pfloyd and all the people of southeastern Ohio.

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

Congrats Pfloyd !!! Any victory over cancer is huge. Keep up the good fight !!!!

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

Great news! So glad to hear it. Celebrate by spending 4 of the next 5 days at the Convo!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Sweet victory in Jesus! Awesome news!

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

This is great news!! It's awesome to read about today's visit going well. Congrats, pfloyd!

MTRay23
Freshman Team

Post by MTRay23 »

Congrats Pfloyd!! Glad everything went well.

Madness
Freshman Team

Post by Madness »

Awesome news Pfloyd.

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

Great news from Panther Country. Prayers do work!!!

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

Pfloyd, you are indeed a blessing from Christ. He has given you more time to continue your passion on earth and He is in control and His will be done. God Bless You

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

God is good. Congratulations on the great news Pfloyd and prayers for continued good news.

You mean a lot to a lot of people in the district with the way you support the young men from east of Cincinnati to the Ohio River and north from the River to the Northwest Territories.

Bball4
Waterboy

Post by Bball4 »

GREAT NEWS!!! I'm so glad to hear that everything went well. You are a very strong person as well as a great example for everyone "to never give up".
Congratulations and I look forward to seeing you Thursday.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

mr. Floyd I had no idea that you were battling this affliction brother. I been on seops since 2005. but I never knew. I am rarely on the basketball topics. because frankly if you ever seen me I'm kinda built like a dishwasher. I loathed when we played basketball in gym class. and was always the last one picked. ------- it always came down to me n the gal on the iron lung machine. and I still got picked last. ------------- but I was a top draft pick if'n we played football. if I ran any length of space I wanted to run into something. --------------- but your update gave me a great sense of the type person you are. praise god you are a Christian, and a man of god. I now have you on my prayer list. and I'm glad your update was positive. praise be to god. what a mighty god we serve. I'm very proud of you, and god bless you, YTB.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
VCPops
Freshman Team

Post by VCPops »

Cheers for PFloyd,keep the W's coming

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Great news! God is In control. Really enjoy your hard work on the elite 8 and beyond. Not sure what we would do without you. Was at the convo all day Saturday but not sure what you look like so I couldn't stop and say hi. I do however pray for you and appreciate all you do! God Bless!

Return to “Boys Basketball”