Eastmoor Academy 69 Vinton County 48 (2017 Elite 8)

Falcon01
S

Re: 3/18 Vinton County vs Eastmoor Academy (2017 Elite 8)

Post by Falcon01 »

Yeah nobody is touching trotwood. They mashed Dunbar today.

And yes neither fu or vc matched up well with eastmoor. Agree completely. But to say vc matched up better didn't make any sense. Cause they have 2 bigs?? It's not like they throw it inside every trip or try to drive the ball the entire time. The one big from vc was a total mismatch in favor of eastmoor because he's not athletic enough. Fu had that game at 5 points after 3 quarters.
BUT I'm not trying to make this a negative about VC because I think they're a great team and made school history.

Eastmoor is a really really good team who doesn't rush things and just is methodical.

Falcon01
S

Re: Eastmoor Academy 69 Vinton County 48 (2017 Elite 8)

Post by Falcon01 »

Boys, at some point, we are gonna start winning these games vs the central. It'll happen. Just keep developing kids and getting better. It'll happen.

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

Vinton County played so hard and tried everything possible. They were just over matched in this game. The size was too much. Eastmoor shot well and was very athletic, but even when they missed they just went and got it for another shot.

It has been a pleasure to watch these vikings. I wish them the best going forward. The coaches, players and fans did it all with class.

Go TVC.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

To Portsmouth Trojan followers, if I remember right back in 2015 I witnessed the Trojans almost beating Eastmor. I think 3-4 point loss for the Trojans, Eastmoor if I remember right Had same kind of lineup with a smothering D and great athletes. Portsmouth squad just came up short so yes there is southeastern teams that can play with the Eastmoors of Columbus. congrats to the Vikings on great year.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Bud07 wrote:Neither of VC big men are even close to FU's let's get that straight right now. However I do think VC has some elite guards, so I thought they may be able to hang a little more than they did.
Agreed. FU nod has to go to the bigs it's not close. And VC nod goes to the guards it's not close.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Too big too athletic.
I felt Bartoe played a bit timid but that could probabalt be credited to EAs defense... and WOW what a defensive team. Yates played his heart out today. Great season VC.
If EA doesn't win it all this year I can almost bet they will be back next year. All juniors.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Prime Time wrote:To Portsmouth Trojan followers, if I remember right back in 2015 I witnessed the Trojans almost beating Eastmor. I think 3-4 point loss for the Trojans, Eastmoor if I remember right Had same kind of lineup with a smothering D and great athletes. Portsmouth squad just came up short so yes there is southeastern teams that can play with the Eastmoors of Columbus. congrats to the Vikings on great year.

We lost 49 to 45 , had the lead going into the 4th qtr and it was a 4 to 6 point game to the end ,their quickness made the difference.

colsoh
Waterboy

Post by colsoh »

Great season VC. Will be reloading next season. After game headed home to ODU and watching Pick Central vs Pick North. Wild atmosphere Coach Huggins here, Ohio U, Detroit- Mercy, Toledo, Kent State etc... This is wild

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

colsoh wrote:Great season VC. Will be reloading next season. After game headed home to ODU and watching Pick Central vs Pick North. Wild atmosphere Coach Huggins here, Ohio U, Detroit- Mercy, Toledo, Kent State etc... This is wild
In post game interview Huggs said he was going recruiting.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Falcon01 wrote:I didn't understand why people thought VC was a better matchup for eastmoor than fu, but thought maybe I was wrong. Great season Vc!

FU had the benefit of playing with a familiar shooting background with the new team in the Convo. I'd take VC in 8 of 10 against FU.

Bud07
Freshman Team

Post by Bud07 »

thebarlowbandit wrote:
Falcon01 wrote:I didn't understand why people thought VC was a better matchup for eastmoor than fu, but thought maybe I was wrong. Great season Vc!

FU had the benefit of playing with a familiar shooting background with the new team in the Convo. I'd take VC in 8 of 10 against FU.
Would absolutely love to see this matchup do you think they can play tomorrow night??? I'm sure FU would love to see what VC is made of. I think VC is a nice team, but I will be honest with you I thought FU played a much tougher regular season schedule and their route in the tourney was much tougher. Unfortunately we will never know. But man I wish we could have. I feel like people forget both teams were 23-3 and had absolutely fantastic seasons. I feel FU doesn't get near the same respect. Just my opinion.

Bobbabooey
Waterboy

Post by Bobbabooey »

Such a passive aggressive statement. VC would beat FU by 5 +. There's a reason they went further. Not a fan of either team. Vc just a better team this year

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

thebarlowbandit wrote:

Lol eastmoor shot 7-9 in first quarter. I don't think the shooting background was a problem for them. 0 of them were layups either.

Bud07
Freshman Team

Post by Bud07 »

Bobbabooey wrote:
Such a passive aggressive statement. VC would beat FU by 5 +. There's a reason they went further. Not a fan of either team. Vc just a better team this year
Yes. The eeason being is they didn't play Eastmoor until the Regional Finals.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Bobbabooey wrote:
Using your terrible logic, couldn't we just sat fu was better since they only lost by 18. Or actually gave eastmoor a game in the 2nd half??

No.. because they didn't play each other, and thus it's all just our opinion of who was better. Only facts are that both had fantastic years.

Think how good eastmoor was, and watch how badly they'll lose to trotwood. I've never seen a team press and score like trotwood does.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Great season VIKES! We love you all and are ver proud of you! History making season! So much to be proud of and thankful for! Seniors, best of luck in all you future endeavors. You are a great group of young men! Under class men, the bar is set a little higher. Work hard and strive to be better than this team! Coaching staff, thank you for assisting all our players in becoming the fine young men they are going to be, through the sport you love. You all are truly a class group of gentlemen! Coach Combs, Thank you sir for pouring your heart, soul time and energy into our young men! You have brought the best out of so many of our kids and what life lessons they learned from you. No class more than this. You showed them how to fight in real life s;'t, and they played for you! The Viking Nation is blessed to have you! Great season Vikes!

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Ok...not that anyone is asking, but here is my opinion. First, since this is an Eastmoor Academy and Vinton County thread, we were not fooling ourselves. We knew going into the game there were two major factors that we had to win in order to have a chance. Those were, because of their length, was take care of the basketball, limit turnovers, and rebound. We only committed 13 turnovers, the same as EA; however, they out-rebounded us 33-19. That category alone led to 20 second chance points. Then on top of that, EA shot the ball very well. We had plenty of film showing them not shooting that well. That is a credit to them, to come into a place like the Convo and shoot that well. I don't care what anyone says, coming into the Convo can be and probably should be, a little intimidating. However, it did not affect EA. Congratulations to them.

Furthermore, I thought it was a show of respect to our guards' abilities that EA did not begin the game pressing us. When they did, it did not affect us, in my opinion gave us more of an opportunity to score. It was simply not being able to rebound. They were getting second, third chances, and we were only getting one chance to score.

Just one more thing. I could not be prouder of our coach! He will never coach to make a score look good. He was competing right up to the last minute. Heck, we had seniors on the floor with 1:30 left in their careers, with tears in their eyes playing their butts off because they were still competing because their coach was still competing. Also, I could not be prouder of our community! With one minute left, and down 20, our fans rose to their feet and gave our kids the ovation they deserved as if they were up 20.

Lastly, the VC versus FU match-up talk is nonsensical.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

hawkeyepierce wrote:Ok...not that anyone is asking, but here is my opinion. First, since this is an Eastmoor Academy and Vinton County thread, we were not fooling ourselves. We knew going into the game there were two major factors that we had to win in order to have a chance. Those were, because of their length, was take care of the basketball, limit turnovers, and rebound. We only committed 13 turnovers, the same as EA; however, they out-rebounded us 33-19. That category alone led to 20 second chance points. Then on top of that, EA shot the ball very well. We had plenty of film showing them not shooting that well. That is a credit to them, to come into a place like the Convo and shoot that well. I don't care what anyone says, coming into the Convo can be and probably should be, a little intimidating. However, it did not affect EA. Congratulations to them.

Furthermore, I thought it was a show of respect to our guards' abilities that EA did not begin the game pressing us. When they did, it did not affect us, in my opinion gave us more of an opportunity to score. It was simply not being able to rebound. They were getting second, third chances, and we were only getting one chance to score.

Just one more thing. I could not be prouder of our coach! He will never coach to make a score look good. He was competing right up to the last minute. Heck, we had seniors on the floor with 1:30 left in their careers, with tears in their eyes playing their butts off because they were still competing because their coach was still competing. Also, I could not be prouder of our community! With one minute left, and down 20, our fans rose to their feet and gave our kids the ovation they deserved as if they were up 20.

Lastly, the VC versus FU match-up talk is nonsensical.
+1 on the game analysis.
+1 bonus on the ridiculousness of the mythical match-up.
+1 double bonus on the fans.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Both Fairfield Union and Vinton County had a historic season for their respective basketball programs that should be celebrated and recognized.

If Fairfield and Vinton did run into each other, I'd say it would be a 50-50 matchup because both of them have solid teams.

Congratulations to both the Falcons and Vikings on an outstanding year, and best wishes to the seniors on both teams, as well, as the seniors from across the district.

falconbball
Riding the Bench

Post by falconbball »

hateraid wrote:VC will match up much better against EA than FU did. I don't think the press will bother VC as much due to their guard heavy team. Also big man Damron will be able to clog the middle a bit better due to his gerth. I look for VC to get some runouts off EA's press it's gonna be a great game.
by the looks of the score doesnt look like VC matched up better than FU against Eastmoor at all. Eastmoor is the real deal.

Return to “Boys Basketball”