2017-18 Logan Cheiftains

VisionQuest
All State

Re: 2017-18 Logan Cheiftains

Post by VisionQuest »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:47 pm Tough loss for the Chiefs tonight, both teams fought hard for 32 minutes, and whichever team was to win the game definitely deserved it, unfortunately that wasn't the Chiefs. I'm sure a lot will be learned from the loss. Now, the Chiefs will regroup and prepare for a tough week next week. Tuesday @ Dublin Jerome, Friday vs. Whitehall, Saturday vs. St. Charles.

Go Chiefs!
Where is the game against Whitehall?

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

VisionQuest wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:06 pm
Chieftain2009 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:47 pm Tough loss for the Chiefs tonight, both teams fought hard for 32 minutes, and whichever team was to win the game definitely deserved it, unfortunately that wasn't the Chiefs. I'm sure a lot will be learned from the loss. Now, the Chiefs will regroup and prepare for a tough week next week. Tuesday @ Dublin Jerome, Friday vs. Whitehall, Saturday vs. St. Charles.

Go Chiefs!
Logan

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:11 pm
VisionQuest wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:06 pm

Go Chiefs!
Logan
May have to take that one in.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Did Logan really get upset by Mount Vernon last night? I couldn't take it in as I had party to go to but someone told me they did. Can't find nothing in the local rag about it. This don't bode well for the tournament if true. :( update I just the score on here and it is true. Wow just got to hope it was an off night for the Chiefies.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Sorry cbolt, I usually post a game rundown after every game I see ... but I received a scathing PM from a Logan supporter last week about NOT supporting the Logan Purple & White, where the Logan coaching staff views me & my rankings as a joke, as well as saying that I know nothing of substance about the game of basketball ... I went to the game last night but I will no longer do game rundowns for the Logan games - I will STILL support the players as I ALWAYS have at work, and where ever I go to watch games ... but I will no longer be posting game rundowns or attaching the Purple Hippo to LHS posts ...

Logan 58
Mt. Vernon 60 a final

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:09 pm Sorry cbolt, I usually post a game rundown after every game I see ... but I received a scathing PM from a Logan supporter last week about NOT supporting the Logan Purple & White, where the Logan coaching staff views me & my rankings as a joke, as well as saying that I know nothing of substance about the game of basketball ... I went to the game last night but I will no longer do game rundowns for the Logan games - I will STILL support the players as I ALWAYS have at work, and where ever I go to watch games ... but I will no longer be posting game rundowns or attaching the Purple Hippo to LHS posts ...

Logan 58
Mt. Vernon 60 a final
Maybe Logan is now experiencing a little "bad karma" :mrgreen:

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:09 pm Sorry cbolt, I usually post a game rundown after every game I see ... but I received a scathing PM from a Logan supporter last week about NOT supporting the Logan Purple & White, where the Logan coaching staff views me & my rankings as a joke, as well as saying that I know nothing of substance about the game of basketball ... I went to the game last night but I will no longer do game rundowns for the Logan games - I will STILL support the players as I ALWAYS have at work, and where ever I go to watch games ... but I will no longer be posting game rundowns or attaching the Purple Hippo to LHS posts ...

Logan 58
Mt. Vernon 60 a final
Wow sorry to learn that Floyd! You got my full respect buddy,the heck with them! I kinda thought myself ranking Logan under Fairland was crazy until I looked deeper into their schedule and knew you was right all along.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

When the season is over I bet it will show Pfloyd knows more about the Chiefs than the can't take it boys.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Probably just a troll. I wouldn't think the Logan coaches would be that stupid

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Mount Vernon has a very good team . They have won some close games this year . They shoot the 3 ball really well but with that said there is no way they should have beaten Logan . Like I said before this time of year upsets will happen . Be interested in how they respond at Dublin Jerome on Tuesday . I'm going to see if I can view last nights game and see what did happen . The team that started the year against the Shermans would not have lost last night.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Nothing against Unioto, as they’re one of the best programs top-to-bottom south of I-70, but the bar Logan sets has to be much higher than ‘The U.’ It has to be higher than Lancaster (who is, once again, really bad this year.) Logan played a school in a situation that is similar to them in Mt. Vernon: a rural school located in the hinterlands that has no allies in Division 1, Central District; they lost. Come seeding time that loss is going to hurt.

Not to discredit Logan or the job the staff has done, as Logan has played some great ball this season, but they’re still not where they need to be to even win a sectional if they’re losing to Mt. Vernon. Maybe the schedule needs to be tougher (read: don’t schedule NY, Athens, Heath)?

SEFan
JV Team

Post by SEFan »

The next game is way more important than this game. How they follow up a below average loss will tell a lot about this team!

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

formerfcfan wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:35 pm Nothing against Unioto, as they’re one of the best programs top-to-bottom south of I-70, but the bar Logan sets has to be much higher than ‘The U.’ It has to be higher than Lancaster (who is, once again, really bad this year.) Logan played a school in a situation that is similar to them in Mt. Vernon: a rural school located in the hinterlands that has no allies in Division 1, Central District; they lost. Come seeding time that loss is going to hurt.

Not to discredit Logan or the job the staff has done, as Logan has played some great ball this season, but they’re still not where they need to be to even win a sectional if they’re losing to Mt. Vernon. Maybe the schedule needs to be tougher (read: don’t schedule NY, Athens, Heath)?
You will not see another team come in to the Shermans home court on opening night and beat them soundly . Logan did that . FU can not do that . Logan beat Teays Valley soundly and FU lost to them . Your tongue and cheek comment not to discredit is just what you are doing . Logan is in a tough situation without a league . You fill your schedule the best you can . Most Central Ohio teams do not and they do not have to schedule outside of the 270 outer belt. Mount Vernon not to shabby of a team 10-4 on the season with some good wins . I think the the Shermans can win out and make a good appearance in the Post season .
Last edited by Truth&fiction on Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

formerfcfan wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:35 pm Nothing against Unioto, as they’re one of the best programs top-to-bottom south of I-70, but the bar Logan sets has to be much higher than ‘The U.’ It has to be higher than Lancaster (who is, once again, really bad this year.) Logan played a school in a situation that is similar to them in Mt. Vernon: a rural school located in the hinterlands that has no allies in Division 1, Central District; they lost. Come seeding time that loss is going to hurt.

Here's the issue with your comment about them scheduling teams other than NY, Athens and Heath. In case it hasn't been noticed, Logan doesn't play in a league. There are only so many teams that are willing to play Logan, considering a lot of the central district teams aren't willing to play at Logan. Mount Vernon is a pretty solid team, losing one game by 2 points to a solid D1 central district team doesn't disqualify Logan from, as you said "they're still where they need to be to even win a sectional title."

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Record: 11-1

12/1 @ Unioto - W 71-56
12/9 @ Vinton County - W 76-39
12/12 vs. Lancaster - W 57-50
12/16 vs. Athens - W 61-44
12/18 @ Heath - W 55-45
12/22 vs. Bloom-Carroll - W 70-34
12/29 vs. Watkins Memorial - W 77-57
1/2 @ Washington CH - W 66-47
1/6 @ Athens - W 68-37
1/9 @ Teays Valley - W 58-37
1/15 vs. Capital (Rt 40 Classic @ W. Muskingum) - W 76-58
1/20 vs. Mount Vernon - L 60-58
1/23 @ Dublin Jerome
1/26 vs. Whitehall-Yearling
1/27 vs. St. Charles
1/30 @ New Albany
2/3 @ Parkersburg South
2/6 @ Parkersburg
2/10 vs. Vinton County
2/13 vs. Nelsonville-York
2/16 vs. Warren

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:13 am

Here's the issue with your comment about them scheduling teams other than NY, Athens and Heath. In case it hasn't been noticed, Logan doesn't play in a league. There are only so many teams that are willing to play Logan, considering a lot of the central district teams aren't willing to play at Logan. Mount Vernon is a pretty solid team, losing one game by 2 points to a solid D1 central district team doesn't disqualify Logan from, as you said "they're still where they need to be to even win a sectional title."
Agree with you 2009 . The loss was a loss but I do not think it will hurt that much . It actually might be a blessing . The Chieftains are special and if they play as a "TEAM" they could make a deep run in the Post season . Yea it appears some soft teams on the schedule but over all the AD did a nice job under the circumstances . A regional appearance is not out of the question IMO, But they will need a good seed. Tough games coming up so we will see how this plays out . Good luck to the Chieftains going forward.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Truth&fiction wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:32 am

Agree with you 2009 . The loss was a loss but I do not think it will hurt that much . It actually might be a blessing . The Chieftains are special and if they play as a "TEAM" they could make a deep run in the Post season . Yea it appears some soft teams on the schedule but over all the AD did a nice job under the circumstances . A regional appearance is not out of the question IMO, But they will need a good seed. Tough games coming up so we will see how this plays out . Good luck to the Chieftains going forward.
I was under the impression that MV was 7-5 going into the game against Logan? Thought a Logan poster said that before the game.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

VisionQuest wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:24 pm
Truth&fiction wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:32 am

I was under the impression that MV was 7-5 going into the game against Logan? Thought a Logan poster said that before the game.
They were 7-5 earlier in the week, they won on Friday night against Wooster and won against Logan on Saturday. They are now 9-5.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Saw where Logan is in D1 Southwest ouch. A lot bigger schools than the central district
Last edited by Raider6309 on Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:48 pm
VisionQuest wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:24 pm
Truth&fiction wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:32 am Agree with you 2009 . The loss was a loss but I do not think it will hurt that much . It actually might be a blessing . The Chieftains are special and if they play as a "TEAM" they could make a deep run in the Post season . Yea it appears some soft teams on the schedule but over all the AD did a nice job under the circumstances . A regional appearance is not out of the question IMO, But they will need a good seed. Tough games coming up so we will see how this plays out . Good luck to the Chieftains going forward.
They were 7-5 earlier in the week, they won on Friday night against Wooster and won against Logan on Saturday. They are now 9-5.
Ok thanks, Truth and Fiction has them at 10-4 in his comments.

Return to “Boys Basketball”