The Complex needs your help!

Hylander
JV Team

The Complex needs your help!

Post by Hylander »

Normally I wouldn't post something like this, but this is a desperate situation. The former Portsmouth West Middle School, now known as The Complex, home of Portsmouth West youth football and basketball, is in need of temporary financial support from the community. As a non-profit organization, funds aren't easy to come by. The facility has been home to Portsmouth West youth sports, as well as open tournaments for all schools in the area, for several years now. It also serves as an open sports facility and mini-mall for the local community. It is an excellent venue for athletics in Scioto County, and losing it would affect thousands of people.

Please, if you are able, consider visiting this link and donating to help keep this facility open. Even if it's just a few dollars, it will go a long way! https://www.gofundme.com/TheComplexNeedsYourHelp

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: The Complex needs your help!

Post by greygoose »

I heard last night that The Complex didn't get it's funding and is closing down, any truth to this??

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

greygoose wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:47 pm I heard last night that The Complex didn't get it's funding and is closing down, any truth to this??
Hope not as it'll be that much harder to find available gyms for New Boston/SOMC youth league games. With that said, I always wondered where the funds were coming from to keep the Complex open.*

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

art_vandelay wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:09 pm
greygoose wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:47 pm I heard last night that The Complex didn't get it's funding and is closing down, any truth to this??
Hope not as it'll be that much harder to find available gyms for New Boston/SOMC youth league games. With that said, I always wondered where the funds were coming from to keep the Complex open.*
Well, I was told last night guys heard it was possibly closing. Which they funded the pee wee football program and it would go back to the school and probably be an internal program again. Like I said though nothing concrete or anything I can confirm but this is what I was told. With them trying to find funding made me wonder if it fell through.

Return to “Boys Basketball”