Riding the Bench

Re: Waverly Basketball

Post by Lightle72 »

Ethan Dunn he’s a 6’4 wing he’s a junior

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Lightle72 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:46 am Ethan Dunn he’s a 6’4 wing he’s a junior
Welcome to Waverly Ethan! We are glad to have you at Waverly and I look forward to announcing your name often.

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Ethan is a big who is very athletic and can run. Will fit perfectly into Waverly's system and give them a little height and much needed depth.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Ukfanatic wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:16 pm Ethan is a big who is very athletic and can run. Will fit perfectly into Waverly's system and give them a little height and much needed depth.
Yes, that's what I have heard. Looking forward to getting it going.
I also hear da Tigers have a few injuries to get healed up.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

What's the Waverly scrimmage schedule?

Lightle72
Riding the Bench

Post by Lightle72 »

Hopefully Ethan will help the team he is looking forward to working with his teammates and learning the system.

Baller156
Waterboy

Post by Baller156 »

Waverly has a good 8th grade group that I believe have some players that will play next year for varsity! The future is bright! Go waverly!

TIGER#27
JV Team

Post by TIGER#27 »

Baller156 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:30 pm Waverly has a good 8th grade group that I believe have some players that will play next year for varsity! The future is bright! Go waverly!
Not sure they will play Varsity next year (outside shot), Sophomore seasons yes, Freshmen year I'm not sure. Even Will and Trey might say that. But if they can that would be awesome.

Attitude, Effort and Hustle
You control that.
Lightle72
Riding the Bench

Post by Lightle72 »

Hopefully the Tigers can sneak up on a few teams. The addition to the coaching staff of Kyle Miller is a plus he works well with kids and He has a very similar approach to the game as Travis. I know he’s an assistant but having another basketball mind to add to the great coaching staff can only help. I think Dunn will give them some length and he can be a matchup problem for some teams. Waverly always plays hard so hopefully they can make some noise in the SOC.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Lightle72 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:23 pm Hopefully the Tigers can sneak up on a few teams. The addition to the coaching staff of Kyle Miller is a plus he works well with kids and He has a very similar approach to the game as Travis. I know he’s an assistant but having another basketball mind to add to the great coaching staff can only help. I think Dunn will give them some length and he can be a matchup problem for some teams. Waverly always plays hard so hopefully they can make some noise in the SOC.
Miller is a great addition to the staff and Dunn will no doubt help the Tigers. Looking forward to getting this thing going.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

The Tigers have any scrimmages yet? If so, how did they go?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I think there is one today but not sure.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Portsmouth will scrimmage at Waverly on Friday at 6 PM vs. Waverly and Paint Valley. I would think that the scrimmage will be held at the Downtown Gym, not the new HS.

TIGER#27
JV Team

Post by TIGER#27 »

trojandave wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:51 am Portsmouth will scrimmage at Waverly on Friday at 6 PM vs. Waverly and Paint Valley. I would think that the scrimmage will be held at the Downtown Gym, not the new HS.
Sound like some good ball to be played in Waverly Friday night. will this be opened to the public?

You control that.
toast
All State

Post by toast »

Not positive but I was told Waverly has a scrimmage this evening (Tuesday) at home vs Eastern Brown. Looks like Steve heard the same thing. :)

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

toast wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:05 pm Not positive but I was told Waverly has a scrimmage this evening (Tuesday) at home vs Eastern Brown. Looks like Steve heard the same thing. :)
I believe so

TIGER#27
JV Team

Post by TIGER#27 »

toast wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:05 pm Not positive but I was told Waverly has a scrimmage this evening (Tuesday) at home vs Eastern Brown. Looks like Steve heard the same thing. :)
This is true, and I was told that the scrimmage for Friday is at PV not Waverly.

You control that.
ShoeHorn
JV Team

Post by ShoeHorn »

Scrimmage - Waverly is hosting Athens on Tuesday evening November 21st.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Anyone know what time the scrimmage starts this evening? I'm assuming it's open to the public.

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Scrimmage tonight is Varsity only against Eastern Brown at6:00 in the downtown gym. Open to public. Friday is at Paint Valley with Portsmouth also. Good chance for some of the young tigers to see some playing time with some injuries to Varsity players.

Return to “Boys Basketball”