gallia Academy basketball 2017-2018

donaldtrump
Freshman Team

Re: gallia Academy basketball 2017-2018

Post by donaldtrump »

Fairland will easily handle Gallia just like last year and my guess is South Point will win both games against Gallia and split at worse..... Coal Grove , Portsmouth and Ironton will also be decent...If Ironton hadn't lost the Byrant kid to Ashland I would have put them ahead of Gallia. Fairland has the same team back that pistol whipped Gallia last year with Gallia basically having the same team back...South point lost 2 starters but have 2 studs replacing them who are just as good or better...South Point split with Gallia last year and should have won both games..... Gallia has a good team but their not going to regionals and will be lucky to finish in top 3 in the OVC....Their definitely not going to beat Fairland..... and the games wont be close....It will be 15 to 25 point beat downs!!!

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Sounds like why show up ! Hear that Harrison ! Sounds like a dictator ! With a crystal ball ! LOL

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Looks like a good year for BBall ! Great games all across the board ! For GA with football on the way back ! Bout time now can Harrison and his side kick Bostic ! Make a name like OZ did ! Make that run to Athens ! Good luck !

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Just heard loveday was offered by Ohio state recently. So 2 big ten schools so far.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

svac83 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:34 pm Just heard loveday was offered by Ohio state recently. So 2 big ten schools so far.
That's correct.

http://www.dispatch.com/sports/20171029 ... -penns-son

Congratulations to this young man. Would love to see him in Scarlet and Grey!

Watching SE Ohio basketball
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Congrats

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I’ll have to watch Gallia play. Kid must be the real deal

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

He is a legit 7 foot and you can't teach height. He has great fundamentals. Last year as a 14/15 year old he wasn't strong enough and got pushed over court. Was double teamed front and back and Gallia guards had problems getting him the ball. That is why Peck has some monster games. Kid is still slender but you can tell he has put on plenty of muscle my guess would be about 20 lbs. but with his frame he could probably do that the next 3 years and still be slender.

Loveday had very little foul trouble but a lot of fouls he gets is phantom fouls. Because he is so tall he can reach over a kid with no contact. But refs assume he had to foul.

Sometimes he looks a little awkward on court not clumsy but awkward an example would be against a Jackson tallest kid on team maybe 6' 1" they get loveday in space he still defends well but where he is tall it is just awkward. I have no idea what his freshmen stats were but I think about 6 points, 6 rebounds and 3 blocks a game. I saw some AAU stats somewhere that would lead me to believe if all goes well for Blue Devils I would expect about double the numbers this winter.

But this team will be very balanced last year 5 different players were leading scores in different games and I think there will be 5 or 6 different kids this year depending on the night.

But when you watch him you can see he has all the potential in world it is just not consistent yet which I would guess is probably normal for a big man.

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

The Ohio State !

Judge and Jury
Freshman Team

Post by Judge and Jury »

Stop drinking the kool-aid fairland is going to end up this yr with 4 1000 point scorers on one team. That's four count them GA doesn't even have a single person on track to score a 1000 in their career. Now on any given night anything can happen but for GA to have shot at fairland they need for scorers to not get ten a piece to have a shot! Otherwise GA will play with them from the tip and will be able to say they played against some talented kids when they were in school! Quit talking about it and back it up! 7'0" 6:5" 5'10" if u can play doesn't matter how tall or big u are if u can play u can play sophomore freshman grade doesn't matter if u can play u can play! Don't Make an excuse and don't look for one!

abelsdaddio
Waterboy

Post by abelsdaddio »

svac83 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:51 pm
danicalifornia wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:19 am Maybe I'll be wrong, but I just can't see how they can beat Fairland. The Dragons lost literally nothing and absolutely smoked the Devils last year (27 and 35 points), so even though I'm sure Loveday has made a big jump, I still can't see those games being closer than 10-15 pounts.

That isn't to say that I don't think Gallia makes a return to the Convo. They should be one of the top 4 teams out of the Southeastern Sectional and I would expect a better showing than they had against Waverly in Sectional play this past season. Good luck this season!
I don't really disagree with this in the fact that i think they will beat them i am saying that they will be in all 22 games. i dont think the biggest improvement to this team will be Loveday. I think the biggest difference in this team will Be the improvement in Carter and the fact this team will not be limited to the fact they have to play a certain way. Last year they needed peck to dominate most nights to have a chance. I am saying as a group they will not have to rely on any person each night and they will be much more flexible in there style of play and things they can do. I think that gives them a chance every night. Do i think there as good as fairland no i don't.

Do i think they are now good enough that if they bring there A game they can play with fairland and if they get a few breaks may be able to pull off upset yes. I am not stating they win any more games then they did last year. But they have a much better chance because they are more well rounded.

They don’t just return everyone. They added talent to an already stacked team. It is going to be a little more difficult to return to the final for this year though moving up a division.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Judge and Jury wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:51 am Stop drinking the kool-aid fairland is going to end up this yr with 4 1000 point scorers on one team. That's four count them GA doesn't even have a single person on track to score a 1000 in their career. Now on any given night anything can happen but for GA to have shot at fairland they need for scorers to not get ten a piece to have a shot! Otherwise GA will play with them from the tip and will be able to say they played against some talented kids when they were in school! Quit talking about it and back it up! 7'0" 6:5" 5'10" if u can play doesn't matter how tall or big u are if u can play u can play sophomore freshman grade doesn't matter if u can play u can play! Don't Make an excuse and don't look for one!
I have no idea what 90% of that post means. And i am sure your right that blue Devils have no one on pace to be 1000 point scorer but that has as much to do with Peck missing half of season with a bad foot as as a sophomore then his talent level. And I am sure if loveday is healthy he will be on pace to be 1000 point scorer by years end.

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Judge and Jury ?? The old one I know powers there nose ! And gets away with it !Would that be you ?

Padrino_Azul ☠️
Waterboy

Post by Padrino_Azul ☠️ »

This team has a chance to be really good . Hard work and a lotta luck could make this a special season . Anxious to watch them the 21 st against Norm and oak hill .

Padrino_Azul ☠️
Waterboy

This team will match up well with anyone on their schedule.will be deep , and exciting.

River runner
Waterboy

Post by River runner »

The Devils could be exciting. Need to get the Blue Devil faithful to not only come but to get up and be rowdy

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Looks like the OVC is where its at this season . Fairland playing with a target on there back, Gallia has a 6'6 an 7'0 foot up front / along with Coal Grove Ironton and the rest / One wild season in the makes. /

Padrino_Azul ☠️
Waterboy

Blue Devils have good size across the board . Besides Loveday and Peck , Wiseman is a long six two and very athletic. Both guards have good size , Carter will be valuable with his length and hustle. Looking for good things in Centenary this winter .

GAHSBB#1fan
Riding the Bench

Post by GAHSBB#1fan »

Alot has been said about the Blue Devils chances this year to be really a good team to be at their best they need Loveday to be a force on the inside on defense he could make a huge difference by just playing great defense and protecting the rim and make a team to become an outside shooting team. Another kid that no one mention that moved back into the Gallipolis City Shool District is Caleb Henry a player that had 15 points and 9 assist against the Blue Devils last year a very good ball handler who can get into the lane and to the rim. He was a first team all league player in the TVC and 2nd team all District. I think he will help them alot I saw him play with them this summer and he played very well. He's really good on defense as well. From what I saw in the Waverly game last year they need help when team press them and put alot of pressure on their guards he adds depth at the guard position who can really handle the ball and someone they can trust to be on the floor.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

GAHSBB#1fan wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:51 am Alot has been said about the Blue Devils chances this year to be really a good team to be at their best they need Loveday to be a force on the inside on defense he could make a huge difference by just playing great defense and protecting the rim and make a team to become an outside shooting team. Another kid that no one mention that moved back into the Gallipolis City Shool District is Caleb Henry a player that had 15 points and 9 assist against the Blue Devils last year a very good ball handler who can get into the lane and to the rim. He was a first team all league player in the TVC and 2nd team all District. I think he will help them alot I saw him play with them this summer and he played very well. He's really good on defense as well. From what I saw in the Waverly game last year they need help when team press them and put alot of pressure on their guards he adds depth at the guard position who can really handle the ball and someone they can trust to be on the floor.
This is something i did not know i didn't know henry played basketball. If he helps as much as he did in football he will be a great asset. They really need a great ball handler at guard to me that was this teams biggest weakest. And as far as lovedays defense goes. I will be happy if he just repeats last years performance he averaged probably double digit shot alters every game. on that end of court but no he will be better.

Return to “Boys Basketball”