gallia Academy basketball 2017-2018

River runner
Waterboy

Re: gallia Academy basketball 2017-2018

Post by River runner »

The Devils could be exciting. Need to get the Blue Devil faithful to not only come but to get up and be rowdy

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Looks like the OVC is where its at this season . Fairland playing with a target on there back, Gallia has a 6'6 an 7'0 foot up front / along with Coal Grove Ironton and the rest / One wild season in the makes. /

Padrino_Azul ☠️
Waterboy

Post by Padrino_Azul ☠️ »

Blue Devils have good size across the board . Besides Loveday and Peck , Wiseman is a long six two and very athletic. Both guards have good size , Carter will be valuable with his length and hustle. Looking for good things in Centenary this winter .

GAHSBB#1fan
Riding the Bench

Post by GAHSBB#1fan »

Alot has been said about the Blue Devils chances this year to be really a good team to be at their best they need Loveday to be a force on the inside on defense he could make a huge difference by just playing great defense and protecting the rim and make a team to become an outside shooting team. Another kid that no one mention that moved back into the Gallipolis City Shool District is Caleb Henry a player that had 15 points and 9 assist against the Blue Devils last year a very good ball handler who can get into the lane and to the rim. He was a first team all league player in the TVC and 2nd team all District. I think he will help them alot I saw him play with them this summer and he played very well. He's really good on defense as well. From what I saw in the Waverly game last year they need help when team press them and put alot of pressure on their guards he adds depth at the guard position who can really handle the ball and someone they can trust to be on the floor.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

GAHSBB#1fan wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:51 am Alot has been said about the Blue Devils chances this year to be really a good team to be at their best they need Loveday to be a force on the inside on defense he could make a huge difference by just playing great defense and protecting the rim and make a team to become an outside shooting team. Another kid that no one mention that moved back into the Gallipolis City Shool District is Caleb Henry a player that had 15 points and 9 assist against the Blue Devils last year a very good ball handler who can get into the lane and to the rim. He was a first team all league player in the TVC and 2nd team all District. I think he will help them alot I saw him play with them this summer and he played very well. He's really good on defense as well. From what I saw in the Waverly game last year they need help when team press them and put alot of pressure on their guards he adds depth at the guard position who can really handle the ball and someone they can trust to be on the floor.
This is something i did not know i didn't know henry played basketball. If he helps as much as he did in football he will be a great asset. They really need a great ball handler at guard to me that was this teams biggest weakest. And as far as lovedays defense goes. I will be happy if he just repeats last years performance he averaged probably double digit shot alters every game. on that end of court but no he will be better.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

How many players out this season ?

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

How did The Blue Devils look in the scrimmage yesterday?

GAHSBB#1fan
Riding the Bench

Post by GAHSBB#1fan »

The Blue Devils looked ok last night in their scrimmage against Belpre. They started out a little sluggish but got better each quarter. Loveday and Wiseman I thought looked the best they both played really well. I thought the players who just came out of football McCelland, Call, and the Henry boy played ok all three scored and did some good things ,but there was still a little rust from not being in basketball shape yet they will get there in about another week. Thomas and Peck didn't play because Thomas had a broken nose and Peck had been sick and missed 2 practices. Overall though I think were in for an exciting season this team has size, quickness and a lot of depth. Harrison and Walker hit a few three's and Blouir and Carter did some good things.

River runner
Waterboy

Post by River runner »

Looked good for first scrimmage. They can get fast quick with four guards on the court with Loveday and I think will be able to force the tempo. Wiseman looked really good and finishes around the basket well I know it was just a first scrimmage but it appears Zach looking to score more this year. Henry filled in for Peck well Thought everyone played pretty well.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

:!: Good to hear :!:

River runner
Waterboy

Post by River runner »

Real nice scrimmage against a pretty good Alexander team
The Blue Devils started out with McCellend Call Henry Wiseman and Loveday. They seem to be really playing well together. They all handle the ball real well. The football guys I thought got their basketball legs under them now and looked even better than last week. Plenty of good bench play by all. Come out and watch this team they are fun to watch.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

River runner wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:44 am Real nice scrimmage against a pretty good Alexander team
The Blue Devils started out with McCellend Call Henry Wiseman and Loveday. They seem to be really playing well together. They all handle the ball real well. The football guys I thought got their basketball legs under them now and looked even better than last week. Plenty of good bench play by all. Come out and watch this team they are fun to watch.
Whats going on with Peck??

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

VisionQuest wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:59 am
River runner wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:44 am Real nice scrimmage against a pretty good Alexander team
Last I heard was that he was moving to Florida, then he was not going to Florida, then playing basketball, then walking out of conditioning, then walked out of a scrimmage because he wasn't playing, now I hear he is back and actually showing up to practice. Shame when a kid with a ton of talent and potential lets it go to waste. His attitude on and off the court will need a major change if he is going to help the Blue Devils this year.

I will disclaim that this is second-hand information. But the source is an extremely reliable person that is invested in the GA community and school.

SEO Sports
Riding the Bench

Post by SEO Sports »

Gallia Academy should have a very good season. This team is very talented and should be near the top of the OVC. However, being in the OVC Fairland is still king of the hill. Gallia Academy would have to upset yes, upset Fairland to have a chance to win the league. However, with progression that can come this year, I see them winning a sectional and making a trip to the Convo. All this means nothing this early in the year and games have to be played. Should be a fun year for those French City Devils

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Fonzie wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:07 pm
VisionQuest wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:59 am
Last I heard was that he was moving to Florida, then he was not going to Florida, then playing basketball, then walking out of conditioning, then walked out of a scrimmage because he wasn't playing, now I hear he is back and actually showing up to practice. Shame when a kid with a ton of talent and potential lets it go to waste. His attitude on and off the court will need a major change if he is going to help the Blue Devils this year.

I will disclaim that this is second-hand information. But the source is an extremely reliable person that is invested in the GA community and school.
Hopefully he gets his Act together if this is True. Helps to have a good attitude and good work ethic to make the Starting rotation in any sport.

Steegal
Freshman Team

Post by Steegal »

SEO Sports wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:21 pm Gallia Academy should have a very good season. This team is very talented and should be near the top of the OVC. However, being in the OVC Fairland is still king of the hill. Gallia Academy would have to upset yes, upset Fairland to have a chance to win the league. However, with progression that can come this year, I see them winning a sectional and making a trip to the Convo. All this means nothing this early in the year and games have to be played. Should be a fun year for those French City Devils
Should be a good season for the Blue Devils.

Steelers - Blue Devils - Eagles
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I know nothing about the situation with Peck. But man I really like that kid . As a sophomore he shows flashes has a foot injury that costs him most of the year. Then as a junior he is the leading scorer for a team. That he was really the number 1 option on.

It has to be tough to get ready to start your senior year and realize that the style of play that the other 10 guys around you are best at. Is not a style of play that really fits your skill set. A lot of young men no matter there background would have a hard time handling that with class and without a attitude.

But whatever the case they really need him. They are a much better team with him and he is also one of the only true power forwards in southeast Ohio. I would expect him to play a little less then last year🎗. Because of team chemistry and style of play. But certain games I think he will still play through him.

Guess we will see tommorow night

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

I personally don't think there is an acceptable reason for a kid to walk out of an open gym/practice/scrimmage and to be allowed back on the team. All that does is make the coach look weak. Even if the decision comes from above him in the chain of command, the end result is it appears the coach will allow anything and everything to go on and he will just look the other way.

I don't care how talented a kid is, when he is a cancer to your team chemistry, you don't want that on your team. Whats stopping another kid from doing the same thing?

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Fonzie wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:58 am I personally don't think there is an acceptable reason for a kid to walk out of an open gym/practice/scrimmage and to be allowed back on the team. All that does is make the coach look weak. Even if the decision comes from above him in the chain of command, the end result is it appears the coach will allow anything and everything to go on and he will just look the other way.

I don't care how talented a kid is, when he is a cancer to your team chemistry, you don't want that on your team. Whats stopping another kid from doing the same thing?
Like i said i know nothing about the Peck situation. But i have seen 2 parents today and both of them looked at me said boy Topix and SEOPS are in mid season form with all the rumors about us aren't they and just laughed. we only talked for a minute but don't get the feeling they feel there is anything in turmoil.

Guess we will begin to get answers in a few hours.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

This will be what it will be: i just hope that all the kids go out and play hard and have a great season and the community supports them the way they did football this season.

Return to “Boys Basketball”