ITS FALCON TIME
Waterboy

Minford Basketball

Post by ITS FALCON TIME »

How is the Mighty Minford Falcons going to be this
season ?

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Re: Minford Basketball

Post by NewEra »

I think last year was a pleasant surprise in Minford, especially for those close to the program. I feel many felt that last year would be the year the Falcons would fall off a little bit, but with a few younger players developing faster than some anticipated and solid play from the senior class, the Falcons to had a good season and yet again advanced to district play. This year's team is really a wildcard IMO, they could surprise, but I could also see them hovering around a game or 2 above or below 500. Coach Shoe has the program in good enough shape that they will continue to always be a factor, and I for one would not be surprised with another convo trip, although I do not feel that should be what this year's edition of the Falcons should be graded on.

falcon117
Riding the Bench

Post by falcon117 »

A relatively young team this year, but not young experience wise. The lack of depth could be a factor. I can only seen them having one maybe two players coming off the bench contributing. They will need a big year from Dalton rebounding wise. Last year, there were a few solid rebounders but this year it will all fall on Dalton's shoulders. I look for them to be aggressive on D to try and force some TO's. They will more than likely finish in the middle of the pack in the SOC. Should be an exciting year. The group in there now will always play hard and that is something a coach can work with.

ITS FALCON TIME
Waterboy

How was the Falcons 1st scrimmage with Unioto ?

falcon117
Riding the Bench

Post by falcon117 »

ITS FALCON TIME wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:14 am How was the Falcons 1st scrimmage with Unioto ?
They competed very well against a solid Unioto team.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

I was told Coach Copley was back at Minford this season. If so that will surely help.

ITS FALCON TIME
Waterboy

How is the Falcons looking now the season is underway ?

falcon117
Riding the Bench

Post by falcon117 »

ITS FALCON TIME wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:02 pm How is the Falcons looking now the season is underway ?
2-1 I believe. Saturday will be good test for the falcons. Lots of Jr's and Sophs getting playing time this year, so only look for them to get better with experience.

Return to “Boys Basketball”