SVC 2017-18

mlittle
SEOP

Re: SVC 2017-18

Post by mlittle »

HamPorter wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:14 am Can Piketon put enough pressure on the PV guards to slow down Swingle? That's my biggest question on the Streaks finishing above the Bearcats.
YES

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Killer Krossover wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:36 am Looking forward to the SVC preview Friday night at the U! Looking forward to seeing other SVC schools I haven't gotten to look at yet. Anyone have a schedule of the game and times?

Updated picks:
Unioto
Piketon
Zane Trace
Paint Valley
Westfall
Southeastern
Huntington
Adena

POY: "The Hammer"(U), Swingle (PV), or Perdue (P).
Swingle is obviously the front runner for POY. Really not a whole lot else you can say about that kid! He'll look to become the all time leading scorer in the svc this year and if he has a season like last year, it'll probably happen.

I believe Swackhammer is the best all around player in our league. His unsefishness may just be his doom when it comes to voting. Unioto could potentially have 3, all league 1st teamers on that team and that could hurt his numbers a bit. But being the best player on one of the best teams should not be overlooked.

Of the 3, I believe Purdue will have the best opportunity to put up big numbers due to the fact he will have the ball in his hands more and he will be his teams primary scoring option. He is explosive, strong and has a nact for getting to the rim. He could put up some gaudy numbers this year scoring the ball.

fbbacker
Riding the Bench

Post by fbbacker »

Does anyone have a lineup/schedule of this Friday's SVC preview at Unioto? Team matchup and game times would be appreciated. Thanks!

Badger26
Waterboy

Post by Badger26 »

Sounds like Unioto played really well tonight against a solid Vinton County team. Going to be a fun year in he SVC this season as the Shermans take on Zane Trace and Piketon early in the season.
Predictions
Unioto
Piketon
Zane Trace
Paint Valley
Southeastern
Westfall
Adena
Huntington

Badger26
Waterboy

Post by Badger26 »

With the preview on Friday I’m excited to get a look at Paint Valley, Piketon the Unioto. Hopefully I can catch a scrimmage or two this weekend. Anyone know when these 3 teams will be in action again after Friday

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Badger26 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:17 pm With the preview on Friday I’m excited to get a look at Paint Valley, Piketon the Unioto. Hopefully I can catch a scrimmage or two this weekend. Anyone know when these 3 teams will be in action again after Friday
Piketon scrimmage @home 11/25 I believe in the morning vs Nelsonville York

Badger26
Waterboy

Post by Badger26 »

mlittle wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:44 pm
Badger26 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:17 pm With the preview on Friday I’m excited to get a look at Paint Valley, Piketon the Unioto. Hopefully I can catch a scrimmage or two this weekend. Anyone know when these 3 teams will be in action again after Friday
Piketon scrimmage @home 11/25 I believe in the morning vs Nelsonville York
Thanks

Badger26
Waterboy

Post by Badger26 »

DaniCalifornia Is it true that Unioto is hosting southeatern in the preview and do you know of any scrimmages the Shermans may finish up the preseason with

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

The only thing I know for sure is that Unioto plays SE in the last game of the night.

Badger26
Waterboy

Post by Badger26 »

danicalifornia wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:43 am The only thing I know for sure is that Unioto plays SE in the last game of the night.
Thank you, Can’t wait to get down to the U on Friday to see a good night of basketball after my annual stop at Casa Del Taco

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

SVC sets up preview that you play your last league foe in league play. So with the matchups would be the following:
Unioto /Southeastern
Huntington/Paint Valley
Zane Trace/Adena
Piketon/Westfall

Do not know the order of the games.

Killer Krossover
Waterboy

Post by Killer Krossover »

Looking forward to tomorrow night preview. I heard there is something new they are doing this year.

Hated to hear that my Tanks will be without Hill. However, there is still a lot of talent left definitely capable of winning the league. I do think it is going to be much harder to get a gold ball, now. But I'm sure Coach Hoops will find a way.

I do think that closes the gap between 1st and the rest in league. I do recall last year that Piketon lost by 8 and 4pts and Hill was the difference; I have watched Piketon twice already this preseason, and they are better than last year in my opinion.
I've seen Unioto once, and they are as I expected. PV has Swingle, so that definitely changes the paint play; ZT has strong kids and they're solid. I guess we'll find out soon!!! Big games early on in league!

Badger26
Waterboy

Post by Badger26 »

Killer Krossover wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:17 am Looking forward to tomorrow night preview. I heard there is something new they are doing this year.

Hated to hear that my Tanks will be without Hill. However, there is still a lot of talent left definitely capable of winning the league. I do think it is going to be much harder to get a gold ball, now. But I'm sure Coach Hoops will find a way.

I do think that closes the gap between 1st and the rest in league. I do recall last year that Piketon lost by 8 and 4pts and Hill was the difference; I have watched Piketon twice already this preseason, and they are better than last year in my opinion.
I've seen Unioto once, and they are as I expected. PV has Swingle, so that definitely changes the paint play; ZT has strong kids and they're solid. I guess we'll find out soon!!! Big games early on in league!
Hearing the Perdue Kid is pretty good for Piketon and the Streaks are fast, hopefully my Pioneers are ready for the Streaks when the time comes, cant wait to get a look at the Streaks, Tanks and Bearcats tomorrow, should be a fun year in SVC play

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I was wrong on multiple accounts, as Unioto and Southeastern is the first matchup tonight.

Unioto finished their scrimmage schedule at Wilmington this morning.

Killer Krossover
Waterboy

Post by Killer Krossover »

Went to SVC preview tonight; nice crowd, and saw some good action. First up, was nice to see Unioto with Peyton Hill back on sideline; I was certain Coach Hoops would be able to get him back for this team. I was pretty upset thinking how hard it would be not having him this year. Unioto chose to play its bench and not show much.

Southeastern will be a pretty gritty and nice squad. Ruby is going to be a solid player for them.

Piketon/Westfall:
Westfall was outmanned and struggled with Piketons pressure. Pregame was exciting! Saw Perdue from Piketon throwing down windmill dunks. Piketon has some athleticism and will be interesting in the league.

Three point contest was a nice change up/addition.

PV/Huntington: Swingle is a monster! Couple very nice jams! Huntington way overmatched and will really struggle against the upper half.

ZT/Adena: ZT has nice size and will be solid this season. Adena will be up for the challenge, but still don’t have enough horses yet to be top half.

Excited for another great year of SVC basketball!

Badger26
Waterboy

Post by Badger26 »

Killer Krossover wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:04 pm Went to SVC preview tonight; nice crowd, and saw some good action. First up, was nice to see Unioto with Peyton Hill back on sideline; I was certain Coach Hoops would be able to get him back for this team. I was pretty upset thinking how hard it would be not having him this year. Unioto chose to play its bench and not show much.

Southeastern will be a pretty gritty and nice squad. Ruby is going to be a solid player for them.

Piketon/Westfall:
Westfall was outmanned and struggled with Piketons pressure. Pregame was exciting! Saw Perdue from Piketon throwing down windmill dunks. Piketon has some athleticism and will be interesting in the league.

Three point contest was a nice change up/addition.

PV/Huntington: Swingle is a monster! Couple very nice jams! Huntington way overmatched and will really struggle against the upper half.

ZT/Adena: ZT has nice size and will be solid this season. Adena will be up for the challenge, but still don’t have enough horses yet to be top half.

Excited for another great year of SVC basketball!
Nice rundown of the preview, thought the 3 point contest was a nice touch, after getting to see the Redstreaks tonight they are the real deal presses from the beginning and never let off the gas,
I knew Unioto wasn’t going to show much tonight with them having a scrimmage earlier today.
Paint Valley was like expected with Swingle on the inside, Paint Valley will be a top 4 team
And for my Pioneers glad they got a nice win over an Adena team that may struggle a bit this year, The 2nd spot in the league will be between Piketon and Zane Trace

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

The Hill situation seems a little sketchy, from the outside looking in. Off the team, then suddenly back on the team. Has he been part of the team throughout the offseason?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

se-alum wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:27 am The Hill situation seems a little sketchy, from the outside looking in. Off the team, then suddenly back on the team. Has he been part of the team throughout the offseason?
I understand, but he was never officially off the team. My statement I made was based off of an assumption and rumor that I had heard. I had removed that post the next day when I had heard differently, but it was too late by that point. I apologize for any misinformation and confusion.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

On another note: I really liked the 3 point contest. It was done quickly and was a nice change of pace for the fans.

Badger26
Waterboy

Post by Badger26 »

Went down to Piketon today to catch the scrimmage between the Redstreaks and Nelsonville. Overall it was a nice scrimmage with Piketon winning most of the quarters which was probably expected due to a deep playoff run for the Buckeyes in football. All 15 guys for Piketon got a good amount of playing and were impressive. Piketon did run a lot more offensive sets than they showed at the preview and they executed pretty well. Piketon’s bench will be deep this year from what I saw today, Coach Legg should be pretty happy the way the scrimmage went today. I left really impressed and believe the Redstreaks could challenge the U this season. Definitely hope the Pioneers will be prepared when they take on Piketon.

Return to “Boys Basketball”