Post by mlittle »

Piketon over Adena 79-60

Tanner Purdue 33 pts 10 rebounds

Alex Blanton 21 pts

Killer Krossover
Waterboy

Re: SVC 2017-18

Post by Killer Krossover »

Saturday night marquee matchup was ZT/PV , and sounded like PV ran out of gas. Tough loss for Shoemaker and the gazette , starting 0-2 in conference play. ZT held serve, so Badger is 😊.

General Hoops rolled our tanks to Huntington and blasted the huntsmen. With an easy 24 pt win, as expected. Going to be a tough year for the Huntsmen!

The Tanks are primed and ready for Friday nights game against Piketon. I have scouted Piketon 3 Times and they are a tough matchup. However, I think our fearless leader, General Hoops will be one leg up on Coach Legg as he was on Kellough last Friday night, and the Tanks roll out of the little village with a 58 consecutive win streak! The Sherman’s continue to have Piketon’s number. Piketons guards will struggle with “the hammer” and Hill will do his thing against the undersized streaks inside. Unioto comes away at the top of the league and the gazette can cover the 58 game SVC win streak which should be the topic of conversation IMO.

Should be a fun night! Great first week of basketball!

Camp Creek Cougar
Waterboy

Post by Camp Creek Cougar »

Killer, you may have seen the Redstreaks play 3 times, but I promise you haven’t seen what’s about to hit you this Friday night! Your “General Hoops” and your “Hammer” going to roll out of THE Village shell shocked! I’m sure Coach Hops will be complaining as always to the referees and trying to get his way. Redstreaks gonna show up! All Camp Creek will be there too!

Badger26
Waterboy

Post by Badger26 »

Killer Krossover wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:42 am Saturday night marquee matchup was ZT/PV , and sounded like PV ran out of gas. Tough loss for Shoemaker and the gazette , starting 0-2 in conference play. ZT held serve, so Badger is 😊.

General Hoops rolled our tanks to Huntington and blasted the huntsmen. With an easy 24 pt win, as expected. Going to be a tough year for the Huntsmen!

The Tanks are primed and ready for Friday nights game against Piketon. I have scouted Piketon 3 Times and they are a tough matchup. However, I think our fearless leader, General Hoops will be one leg up on Coach Legg as he was on Kellough last Friday night, and the Tanks roll out of the little village with a 58 consecutive win streak! The Sherman’s continue to have Piketon’s number. Piketons guards will struggle with “the hammer” and Hill will do his thing against the undersized streaks inside. Unioto comes away at the top of the league and the gazette can cover the 58 game SVC win streak which should be the topic of conversation IMO.

Should be a fun night! Great first week of basketball!
Great win for my Pioneees last night, I’ll admit I was a little scared at half thought maybe PV was going to pull away early in he third but Pioneers cans out string in 2nd half to get the win.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Redstreaks win next Friday.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Piketon a guards will be fine! I feel this game is a toss up right now but I like our chances playing behind the BEST basketball player in our league, Who happens to quietly be averaging 29.2 per.

svc_guy
Freshman Team

Post by svc_guy »

I have no dog in the fight with Unioto or Piketon. I like the Perdue kid a lot. However, I think a lot of Piketons scoring comes from their press and easy baskets(which by the way is very impressive as a team). I will hold my judgement until I see the results of the game but there is a reason Swackhammer had double digit division 2 full ride offers and multiple lower d1 teams on the radar. He's the best guard in this league and it's not close. Perdue is a great player but I want to see him do it in big time games before we suddenly declare him POY. I will say they are different types of players so its probably not fair to compare side by side but if I were starting a team I would go with Swackhammer.

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

Unioto needs to stay out of foul trouble. Gabe fisher has been in foul trouble both games in the 1st qtr. needs to get in position for rebounds and no need to try and block every shot. Especially the way svc refs love blowing their whistles. Also would love them for them to set some screens for Kennedy. The kid is deadly from 3pt land

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

svc_guy wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:57 pm I have no dog in the fight with Unioto or Piketon. I like the Perdue kid a lot. However, I think a lot of Piketons scoring comes from their press and easy baskets(which by the way is very impressive as a team). I will hold my judgement until I see the results of the game but there is a reason Swackhammer had double digit division 2 full ride offers and multiple lower d1 teams on the radar. He's the best guard in this league and it's not close. Perdue is a great player but I want to see him do it in big time games before we suddenly declare him POY. I will say they are different types of players so its probably not fair to compare side by side but if I were starting a team I would go with Swackhammer.
If you are saying Swackhammer is the best guard in the league and it's not close then I'm curious as to what judgement you're holding till after the game?

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

I would take Perdue over Swackhammer but it's close!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I think if you switched Swingle with the other two top players....their teams would be better than they are now, even though I believe you win with guards

cavalier11
Riding the Bench

Post by cavalier11 »

HamPorter wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:52 am
Camp Creek Cougar wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:00 am Has anyone seen the article this week by the Chillicothe gazette? Swingle under appreciated??? Really? Shoemaker trying to make everyone feel sorry for his boy? Complained all year last year how he got picked on by referees. Now media is calling out the Community? C’mon.
The gym will be filled twice when they play. It will be against the same school that always packs the gyms, not because "The Big Cat" is playing either. I know people were excited to get this writer back, but it has been awful writing since he returned from the second city.

Paint Valley won't even break into the top 3 this year.
Would you rather not have a local sports guy at all? Remember how bad the Gazette’s coverage was in the spring? I think Derek does a great job. Without him, a lot of our local athletes wouldn’t get the coverage they work hard for.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

cavalier11 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:01 pm
HamPorter wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:52 am
Camp Creek Cougar wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:00 am Has anyone seen the article this week by the Chillicothe gazette? Swingle under appreciated??? Really? Shoemaker trying to make everyone feel sorry for his boy? Complained all year last year how he got picked on by referees. Now media is calling out the Community? C’mon.
The gym will be filled twice when they play. It will be against the same school that always packs the gyms, not because "The Big Cat" is playing either. I know people were excited to get this writer back, but it has been awful writing since he returned from the second city.

Paint Valley won't even break into the top 3 this year.
Would you rather not have a local sports guy at all? Remember how bad the Gazette’s coverage was in the spring? I think Derek does a great job. Without him, a lot of our local athletes wouldn’t get the coverage they work hard for.
Agreed. Derrick does a great job!! He did an article about the best D1 prospect to come from this area in a long, long time, and suddenly he's showing favoritism? He does much more about Chillicothe and Unioto than he does any of the other SVC schools. Which is to be expected, since most of the Chillicothe/Ross County population is in those 2 districts. It was terrible when he was gone.

ronm001
Freshman Team

Post by ronm001 »

svc_guy wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:57 pm I have no dog in the fight with Unioto or Piketon. I like the Perdue kid a lot. However, I think a lot of Piketons scoring comes from their press and easy baskets(which by the way is very impressive as a team). I will hold my judgement until I see the results of the game but there is a reason Swackhammer had double digit division 2 full ride offers and multiple lower d1 teams on the radar. He's the best guard in this league and it's not close. Perdue is a great player but I want to see him do it in big time games before we suddenly declare him POY. I will say they are different types of players so its probably not fair to compare side by side but if I were starting a team I would go with Swackhammer.

He almost had a triple double at PV took it right at the big mans chest and scored over him. TP is averaging almost 30 points a game and a double double as well.

Lightle72
Riding the Bench

Post by Lightle72 »

Tanner took a 9-11 Western team to the elite 8 in D4 putting up 45 points against a then ranked East team. He has done it for 3 straight years against double teams and teams that have done nothing but game plan to stop him. So beleave me he has done it in big games! He was only a sophomore then as well.

Camp Creek Cougar
Waterboy

Post by Camp Creek Cougar »

We got are bonfires going already on Camp Creek getting ready for the Friday night matchup. They are saying it’s a sellout and limited seating but we got are tickets, and we will be there.

As for gazette, it’s biased reporting for all Ross County I think; we got are own reporter at the NewsWatch man. Jolie Billingsworth. She does a fine job. I listened to the sporttalk show for SVC and he didn’t know any Redstreak players hardly; he said tanner Perdue was tied for 5/6 pick on preseasonteam...good reporters will do their homework before writing or reporting; Tanner wasn’t new to the area...Mr Combes knew about him and reported fairly on Piketon. But it reddens my butt when all I see is about PV, ZT, and Unioto...it was the same last year...oh and my Redstreaks finished 2nd and lost by 4 and 8pts to Same type of reporting last year...no credit!

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Camp Creek Cougar wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:45 pm We got are bonfires going already on Camp Creek getting ready for the Friday night matchup. They are saying it’s a sellout and limited seating but we got are tickets, and we will be there.

As for gazette, it’s biased reporting for all Ross County I think; we got are own reporter at the NewsWatch man. Jolie Billingsworth. She does a fine job. I listened to the sporttalk show for SVC and he didn’t know any Redstreak players hardly; he said tanner Perdue was tied for 5/6 pick on preseasonteam...good reporters will do their homework before writing or reporting; Tanner wasn’t new to the area...Mr Combes knew about him and reported fairly on Piketon. But it reddens my butt when all I see is about PV, ZT, and Unioto...it was the same last year...oh and my Redstreaks finished 2nd and lost by 4 and 8pts to Same type of reporting last year...no credit!
I think Piketon was picked preseason #6 in the svc. Now we are 4-0 and they are putting us in top 4 saying "we knew they were gonna be good." Unfortunately we are a Pike co. Team playing in a Ross co. League. I'm ok with flying under the radar as long as we can. Our kids are just gonna have to keep grinding and at the end of the day the respect will come when we put our banner up at the end of the season!

cavalier11
Riding the Bench

Post by cavalier11 »

Camp Creek Cougar wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:45 pm We got are bonfires going already on Camp Creek getting ready for the Friday night matchup. They are saying it’s a sellout and limited seating but we got are tickets, and we will be there.

:lol: from what you’re saying, I’m guessing you’re JUST a basketball fan. The Chillicothe paper probably covered Piketon more than any other volleyball team this past fall, including Unioto and Southeastern. I believe they’re also covering Waverly now as well. SE’s football team was covered in detail all season long. So for you to say PV, ZT and the U are the only ones getting coverage, that’s just not true. Also, I can remember seeing Piketon’s entire tournament run covered last basketball season. Julie Billings reports for the Newswatchmen and reports on just Pike County. The Gazette has all of Ross as well.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

cavalier11 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:40 pm

:lol: from what you’re saying, I’m guessing you’re JUST a basketball fan. The Chillicothe paper probably covered Piketon more than any other volleyball team this past fall, including Unioto and Southeastern. I believe they’re also covering Waverly now as well. SE’s football team was covered in detail all season long. So for you to say PV, ZT and the U are the only ones getting coverage, that’s just not true. Also, I can remember seeing Piketon’s entire tournament run covered last basketball season. Julie Billings reports for the Newswatchmen and reports on just Pike County. The Gazette has all of Ross as well.
I think they were referring to basketball this season but yes, the Gazette covers a big area

Killer Krossover
Waterboy

Post by Killer Krossover »

Can’t hardly sleep thinking about the challenge my Sherman’s are going to face tomorrow. Piketon is a talented foe, but the tanks and General Hoops will be too much tomorrow night. The Streak will be extended to 58 and a clear leader of the SVC will take shape like it has the last few years with the U at the top, then everyone else.

The big thing to watch will be the matchup of “The Hammer” vs Perdue...could have large implications on POY in the conference.

My prediction:
Unioto 58
Piketon 38

Return to “Boys Basketball”