SVC 2017-18

Badger26
Waterboy

Re: SVC 2017-18

Post by Badger26 »

Killer Krossover wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:04 pm Went to SVC preview tonight; nice crowd, and saw some good action. First up, was nice to see Unioto with Peyton Hill back on sideline; I was certain Coach Hoops would be able to get him back for this team. I was pretty upset thinking how hard it would be not having him this year. Unioto chose to play its bench and not show much.

Southeastern will be a pretty gritty and nice squad. Ruby is going to be a solid player for them.

Piketon/Westfall:
Westfall was outmanned and struggled with Piketons pressure. Pregame was exciting! Saw Perdue from Piketon throwing down windmill dunks. Piketon has some athleticism and will be interesting in the league.

Three point contest was a nice change up/addition.

PV/Huntington: Swingle is a monster! Couple very nice jams! Huntington way overmatched and will really struggle against the upper half.

ZT/Adena: ZT has nice size and will be solid this season. Adena will be up for the challenge, but still don’t have enough horses yet to be top half.

Excited for another great year of SVC basketball!
Nice rundown of the preview, thought the 3 point contest was a nice touch, after getting to see the Redstreaks tonight they are the real deal presses from the beginning and never let off the gas,
I knew Unioto wasn’t going to show much tonight with them having a scrimmage earlier today.
Paint Valley was like expected with Swingle on the inside, Paint Valley will be a top 4 team
And for my Pioneers glad they got a nice win over an Adena team that may struggle a bit this year, The 2nd spot in the league will be between Piketon and Zane Trace

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

The Hill situation seems a little sketchy, from the outside looking in. Off the team, then suddenly back on the team. Has he been part of the team throughout the offseason?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

se-alum wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:27 am The Hill situation seems a little sketchy, from the outside looking in. Off the team, then suddenly back on the team. Has he been part of the team throughout the offseason?
I understand, but he was never officially off the team. My statement I made was based off of an assumption and rumor that I had heard. I had removed that post the next day when I had heard differently, but it was too late by that point. I apologize for any misinformation and confusion.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

On another note: I really liked the 3 point contest. It was done quickly and was a nice change of pace for the fans.

Badger26
Waterboy

Post by Badger26 »

Went down to Piketon today to catch the scrimmage between the Redstreaks and Nelsonville. Overall it was a nice scrimmage with Piketon winning most of the quarters which was probably expected due to a deep playoff run for the Buckeyes in football. All 15 guys for Piketon got a good amount of playing and were impressive. Piketon did run a lot more offensive sets than they showed at the preview and they executed pretty well. Piketon’s bench will be deep this year from what I saw today, Coach Legg should be pretty happy the way the scrimmage went today. I left really impressed and believe the Redstreaks could challenge the U this season. Definitely hope the Pioneers will be prepared when they take on Piketon.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

I think you'll see Adena start out slow, but once Garrison, Sykes, and Bennett get some games under their belt, that team could drastically improve throughout the year. You'll be hearing those names a lot for the next 4 years.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

se-alum wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:24 pm I think you'll see Adena start out slow, but once Garrison, Sykes, and Bennett get some games under their belt, that team could drastically improve throughout the year. You'll be hearing those names a lot for the next 4 years.
Those kids will have their time in the next few years but they will take a beating this year. The experience they gain will be invaluable tho.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

mlittle wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:21 am
se-alum wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:24 pm I think you'll see Adena start out slow, but once Garrison, Sykes, and Bennett get some games under their belt, that team could drastically improve throughout the year. You'll be hearing those names a lot for the next 4 years.
Those kids will have their time in the next few years but they will take a beating this year. The experience they gain will be invaluable tho.
Could be very similar to the Piketon group that featured Kyle Miller and Eric Farmer. Took their beatings early and by the middle of their sophomore season, they were a scary group.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

mlittle wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:21 am
Yea, I don't expect them to win a bunch of games or anything, just think you'll see a much better team by the end of the season.

Lightle72
Riding the Bench

Post by Lightle72 »

Piketon with a 12 point win over Chesapeak
Tanner Purdue with 38 points! He will be in the running for Player of the year.

Killer Krossover
Waterboy

Post by Killer Krossover »

Listening to the scoreboard show; tough loss to a good Logan team tonight for my U. Hoops will get it straightened out! Nothing harming the streak!

Paint Valley with a big win and Swingle rolling with a 26pt and 13 Rebs. Coach Shoemaker continues to take care of business.

Piketon travelled to Chesapeake and walked away with a 65-53 win...did I hear them right, Perdue had 38pts? He’s a force. Blanton had 11. Young Coach Legg got a nice road win against veteran coach Davis.

Glad season has begun! Next weekend is huge!

Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

Killer Krossover wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:59 pm Is the Perdue kid at Piketon 6'6"? I heard they had a 6'6" player move in this year. Who knows, may be a rumor.

I also heard ZT picked up a nice player transfer from Waverly. True?

Any other varsity transfers?
ZT picked up Colby Swain from Waverly.

Killer Krossover
Waterboy

Wow. ZT is loaded up ! Get Swain to leave Waverly and pick up a few other faces? Lol, Badger, Coach K giving out cars or some thing😜? That would never happen in French town! Guess the U going to get everyone’s best shot. Zane Trace gotta Great chance this week!! However, I still rolling with the Tanks!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

ZT is loaded before any transfers! Length at all 5 spots and they will get into you all over the court. If you think they good now, just remember that a majority of their rotation are sophomores! Excited to see them against Chillicothe tomorrow and Unioto on Friday.

Badger26
Waterboy

Post by Badger26 »

Big week for the Pioneers, playing a good Chillicothie team tomorrow which is a big test early in the season and then the U comes rolling in Friday. Can’t wait to see how we fair against these two quality teams. We beat Unioto the last time they lost a league game and I believe we can do it again Friday

Killer Krossover
Waterboy

Badger, should make for a great evening of basketball! The Sherman’s will be all game! Good luck against Chillicothe; I hope we see two undefeated heavy weights when ZT and U play! Keep the streak a rolling!

Also, another big game Friday night is Paint Valley and Piketon. Going to be a fun week!

Badger26
Waterboy

Post by Badger26 »

Killer Krossover wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:39 pm Badger, should make for a great evening of basketball! The Sherman’s will be all game! Good luck against Chillicothe; I hope we see two undefeated heavy weights when ZT and U play! Keep the streak a rolling!

Also, another big game Friday night is Paint Valley and Piketon. Going to be a fun week!
Piketon host’s West Union tomorrow, should be a good game, heard Perdue needs 20 points or so to reach 1000

warningtrackpower
All Conference

Post by warningtrackpower »

SVC SPORTS TALK

This week the show looks at the great scorers in the conference, why building programs from the bottom up can be difficult, and a look at the Unioto/ZT game this Friday night . . .

http://dbkmediaservices.com/wordpress/s ... talk120417

Fred Flintstone
Riding the Bench

Post by Fred Flintstone »

Where did the Perdue kid play last year? What grade is he?

Lightle72
Riding the Bench

Post by Lightle72 »

Western senior

Return to “Boys Basketball”