SVC 2017-18

Killer Krossover
Waterboy

Re: SVC 2017-18

Post by Killer Krossover »

General Hoops and the Tanks definitely top team in league until someone knocks them off. They played well at Piketon; I disagree with some of the comments. I’ve seen Piketon on multiple occasions; this team is going to win a lot of games and I expect a different team in January when we see them in Frenchtown. Sherman’s have to keep taking care of business and remain healthy!!! (Which May be the most important thing in maintaining the streak.

I do think ZT, Piketon are fighting for 2,3...then SE and PV...then the rest.

Still think the POY race is between the “Hammer” and Perdue. Swingle has to be considered but IMO he is #3 right now.

Loved the atmosphere so far this season and the bantering going on again!!! SEOPs has been fun! Excitement in the league!

Badger26
Waterboy

Post by Badger26 »

Killer Krossover wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:10 pm General Hoops and the Tanks definitely top team in league until someone knocks them off. They played well at Piketon; I disagree with some of the comments. I’ve seen Piketon on multiple occasions; this team is going to win a lot of games and I expect a different team in January when we see them in Frenchtown. Sherman’s have to keep taking care of business and remain healthy!!! (Which May be the most important thing in maintaining the streak.

I do think ZT, Piketon are fighting for 2,3...then SE and PV...then the rest.

Still think the POY race is between the “Hammer” and Perdue. Swingle has to be considered but IMO he is #3 right now.

Loved the atmosphere so far this season and the bantering going on again!!! SEOPs has been fun! Excitement in the league!
Definelty agree with all of this. Unioto gets Piketon and ZT in Frenchtowm late in the season so those games should be fun as Piketon and ZT should improve. The next week SVC play is in action Unioto squares off with PV and my Pioneers host Piketon. So that should be a fun weekend for the SVC

bobcats94
Riding the Bench

Post by bobcats94 »

Lightle72 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:36 am Tanner took a 9-11 Western team to the elite 8 in D4 putting up 45 points against a then ranked East team. He has done it for 3 straight years against double teams and teams that have done nothing but game plan to stop him. So beleave me he has done it in big games! He was only a sophomore then as well.
First off Western made it to the sweet 16 not the elite 8, and I watched all of Western's games throughout their tourney run. Perdue was great for Western and a very big part of the team, saying that though Brewster also had two 20 pt games at the convo and Herman/Stevens/the other younger Brewster were all great role players. Again not taking anything away from the way Perdue played against East in the District Finals but he also had some help throughout the entire season that year.

Lightle72
Riding the Bench

Post by Lightle72 »

You are correct I never said he didn’t have help. I was making the point or at least trying to make the point that Tanner had played in big games before.

Camp Creek Cougar
Waterboy

Post by Camp Creek Cougar »

Wow, this has been the longest week or week and a half ever!!!! Finally, just getting my internet pipes fixed and able to get my desktop working again. Was artful, my internet pipes froze all way up and burst; dang what a mess. Should’ve seen all the garbage when they started working again.. These antartificial temperautrres are killing us here on Camp Creek...ice so thick , and dang level 3’s by Sherf Readinger, couldn’t get to the discount store, I eat so much yellow snow creme I have more runs than the niagrea falls! Finally today, fired up the el camalino and made my way out to get me a hot meal and talk Streaks basketball at Riverside. spaeaking if some of the garbage...here we go...PFloyd had the Streaks ranked below West Union and Portsmouth...I cry bulloney!!! We beat WU head to head!!! Streaks get no respect. Got Gazette straightened out, looks like Streaks gonna have to prove all the haters wrong.
Tonight the Streaks will far up the oven for Adena; I look for this to be ugly in many ways. Piketon didn’t have school all week and the word is only 2 practices in the past week. However, having a POY candidate eases the pressure..coach Leggett will have all the guys focused and I think all Camp Creek, Sugar Run, Smith Hill, Pike Hill will be out tonight.

Big game up in Kickmeinthekneee tonight as Paint Valley and coach excusemaker plys at Zane Trace tonight. Hope PV can pull off the upset.

Well, sorry ain’t had a bath for week and a half; trying to get ahold of Piketon AD to see if it’s true, I heard they were offering community the chance to use the showers since water been out and all. Awfully nice of the administration to do that for are community if so.

Go Streaks!!!

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Camp Creek Cougar wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:10 pm Wow, this has been the longest week or week and a half ever!!!! Finally, just getting my internet pipes fixed and able to get my desktop working again. Was artful, my internet pipes froze all way up and burst; dang what a mess. Should’ve seen all the garbage when they started working again.. These antartificial temperautrres are killing us here on Camp Creek...ice so thick , and dang level 3’s by Sherf Readinger, couldn’t get to the discount store, I eat so much yellow snow creme I have more runs than the niagrea falls! Finally today, fired up the el camalino and made my way out to get me a hot meal and talk Streaks basketball at Riverside. spaeaking if some of the garbage...here we go...PFloyd had the Streaks ranked below West Union and Portsmouth...I cry bulloney!!! We beat WU head to head!!! Streaks get no respect. Got Gazette straightened out, looks like Streaks gonna have to prove all the haters wrong.
Tonight the Streaks will far up the oven for Adena; I look for this to be ugly in many ways. Piketon didn’t have school all week and the word is only 2 practices in the past week. However, having a POY candidate eases the pressure..coach Leggett will have all the guys focused and I think all Camp Creek, Sugar Run, Smith Hill, Pike Hill will be out tonight.

Big game up in Kickmeinthekneee tonight as Paint Valley and coach excusemaker plys at Zane Trace tonight. Hope PV can pull off the upset.

Well, sorry ain’t had a bath for week and a half; trying to get ahold of Piketon AD to see if it’s true, I heard they were offering community the chance to use the showers since water been out and all. Awfully nice of the administration to do that for are community if so.

Go Streaks!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Camp Creek Cougar
Waterboy

Got home late last night after celebrating another win by the Redstreaks. Appreciate the chance to get a nice shower too. Met some real nice folks (Benjamin and Hank Dover)) from river road, thanks for sharing your soap!

The Streaks came out rolling one from the tip. Adena had no chance. By my reflections, Streaks put up 53 points in first half; finished with 76; Perdue and starters didn’t play 4th quarter...could’ve scored 100 easily. Coach Leggett did a nice job emptying his bench. All 15 guys got minutes!

Can’t wait til Monday night when we get to watch Coach Cordwainer and Paint Valley come to the village. I hear Berrils may be opening back up for this one and showing a live Facebook feeding. Gonna check on that when I stop by Smart Mart later. Might have to check that out; probably gonna have different angels you can see game from.

Camp Creek Cougar
Waterboy

Welp, almost time for the round 2!!! Last night me and are camp creek crew loaded up and went to papertown to make a late night visit with some TP..couldn’t figure out why Unioto had so much barb warr along the top of their fences. We stepped inside, and all kinds of sirens and lights went off, even the guards came after us...we got alerted and took off. Didn’t remember there being so many lights and fences around the school. Like it was some sort of prison or something.

Believe the Redstreaks are gonna bounce back tonight. Tough week for the Streaks but they playing hard. Coach Leggett gonna battle it out with The So called “General Hoops”. Gonna be a tight one if it ain’t 8 on 5. Would love to see my boys get a W tonight and celebrate a long night with a bomfire on Camp creek. Got a real Purdy set of roasting forks today at Smart Mart. Good Luck Redstreaks! Give em Help!

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Once again Unioto is the clear cut best team in the SVC. I thought coming into the season that the gap had closed some between Unioto and the rest of the league, but I was wrong. I have to give credit to Coach Hoops and his staff a lot of credit.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Unioto's lack of depth is not an issue in the svc right now. Maybe come tournament time. ZT with the only realistic shot at ending the streak this year but unlikely. I do see a pretty big drop off coming for the U next year. If ZT doesn't end the streak this year it'll happen early next year but it's been an among run for the current group. Congrats

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Amazing*

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Amazing run by Unioto. I can’t see everybody beating them now. I don’t think ZT has enough perimeter shooting to beat them. I think ZT is athletic enough but don’t know if they have enough offensive firepower.

seopcommenter
Riding the Bench
Location: i like to back my statemints up with historical factoids

Post by seopcommenter »

ill take the sherman tanks to win at least there first ten league games ........ in fact ,, i will garantee it !!!

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Some of the posts on this thread are a laughable and tough read.

I do think that the SVC will get 4 teams to the Convo as long as PV and Piketon don't have to face off in D3. Would like to see both of them put together a couple more wins a piece before next Friday's voting. That would certainly help them avoid one another in the 4 vs 5 or 3 vs 6.

ZT should be a 5 or 6 seed at Southeastern, which wouldn't be an awful matchup for them. Unioto appears to be the 2 seed at SE, with a possibility of the 1.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Unioto at Paint Valley on Friday should be an exciting rematch. The Bearcats led the first game by a dozen at halftime and were up 13 late in the 3rd before Unioto stormed back for the 3 point win. Swingle played like a monster amongst men that night and even though Swackhammer had a bum ankle, he made several winning plays down the stretch.

winningaintcheap
Riding the Bench

Post by winningaintcheap »

HamPorter wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:22 am Unioto at Paint Valley on Friday should be an exciting rematch. The Bearcats led the first game by a dozen at halftime and were up 13 late in the 3rd before Unioto stormed back for the 3 point win. Swingle played like a monster amongst men that night and even though Swackhammer had a bum ankle, he made several winning plays down the stretch.
If Unioto puts any amount of pressure on PV, this could get ugly fast. Hoops is a significantly better coach than Shoemaker and his players are much more equipped to make changes to their play to win games. I’ll take Unioto 72-54

Camp Creek Cougar
Waterboy

Good mornin! Been in to Piketon already today to Riverside and to the Smart Mart; got me a nice set of scissors, binder, and pages...taking up scrape booging. Got all Jolie Billingsworth’s articles and my team programs; gonna make me a Piketon Redstreak album. May throw in some of the Gazelle articles, to about He Redstreaks. Oh bout, forgot, picked up a nice vast and flowers and heart box of fine chocolates for Calentines day..good dealfor only $5! These chocolates are impacted from China!

With all the DACA talk, Start of the West Union, and pike County Sheriff department (shooting and level 3’s), I’ve not gotten out much. Someone told me the flu has ricocheted up, maybe that has gotten me down a bit? Just ain’t safe to get out anymore it seems...times are changing. Only solstice I find is in inside the Oven; I’m safe and feel untouchable ther! Almost a supersensual feeling there!

Streaks have bounced back nicely from the PV and Unioto losses,and continue to improve for tournament time. They now are at 12-5 after there 61-30 win last night at SE, and Coach Leggett getting this team even deeper. Perdue continuing to put up big numbers, like the powerball!!! I still think when it’s said and finished, are Streaks got good chance for deep tornedament run. My poppy always told me when we would hunt mushrooms, “always keep your morals in check and good things will happen”... good things to come with are Redstreak team!

Well, gotta go figure out how my property taxes gone up so much. Here on Camp Creek we having a community rally and bomfire to discuss it after the game tonight. Hope are committed leaders will come down and discuss it with us. Poor pike county folk ain’t gotta chance between taxes and electric bills.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

How about SVC land. Any new scores for tournament seeding week. Enquiring minds need to know.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Hoopie74 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:17 pm How about SVC land. Any new scores for tournament seeding week. Enquiring minds need to know.
Paint Valley 78-52 over Valley
Unioto 74-62 over Amanda
Zane Trace 68-60 over New Hope
Western 66-40 over Huntington
Piketon 57-32 over Westfall

SVC Standings

Unioto 11-0, 16-1
Zane Trace 10-1, 14-5
Piketon 8-4, 14-5
Paint Valley 6-5, 11-7
Southeastern 5-7, 7-11
Adena 3-9, 5-13