SOC 1

BleedGreen
Freshman Team

Re: SOC 1

Post by BleedGreen »

Hawks1112 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:36 pm I was reading one of the newspapers online down that way,they said that Green's reserve team finish 21-0 this season
Yes they did

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Peebles 75 Green 56

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Oak Hill 50 Eastern 42

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

BOYS

Division I

New Boston

On the boys side of things, New Boston led the charge with four SOC I honorees as the Tigers’ Kade Conley and Kyle Sexton each obtained First-Team All-SOC accolades. Conley notched 21 points, eight rebounds, and six assists per bout, while Sexton collected 14 points, 12 rebounds, and two blocks in 2017-18. Tyler Caldwell, who averaged 16 points, six rebounds, and three assists in 2017-18, and Kyle McQuithy, who proved to be a proficient three-point marksman throughout the season, rounded out the honorees for New Boston.

Green

Tanner Kimbler, who averaged 22.1 points, 2.6 steals, two rebounds, and two assists on 44 percent shooting from the field and the three-point line, led the Bobcats’ brigade while Green’s Gage Sampson obtained 15 points, 7.7 rebounds, and a steal on 59 percent shooting from the floor to obtain second team honors.

East/Clay/Notre Dame

East’s Will Shope, who averaged 16 points per contest, Notre Dame’s Ben Mader, who added 12.5 points on his own, and Clay’s Caleb Cline, who collected 9.1 points, 5.6 rebounds, and two steals per bout, rounded out the first team selections while the Tartans’ Devon Stevens, the Titans’ Tyler Speas, and the Panthers’ Hunter Mathias joined the aforementioned trio on the All-SOC list as second team honorees

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

SOC Boys Basketball All-Stars

Division I

First Team: Eastern: Michael Miller, Evan Leist, Cody Weaver. Glenwood: Kade Conley, Kyle Sexton. Western: Lane Brewster, Alex Humphrey. Green: Tanner Kimbler. Symmes Valley: Layken Gothard. Sciotoville: Will Shope. Notre Dame: Ben Mader. Clay: Caleb Cline.

Second Team: Eastern: Noah Gray, Hunter Cochenour. Glenwood: Tyler Caldwell, Kyle McQuithy. Western: Broc Jordan. Green: Gage Sampson. Symmes Valley: Brock Carpenter. Sciotoville: Devon Stevens. Notre Dame: Tyler Speas. Clay: Hunter Mathias.

Player of the Year: Kade Conley-Glenwood

Defensive Player of the Year: Alex Humphrey-Western

Coach of the Year: Tom Barrick-Eastern

Order of finish: Eastern (14-0), Gleenwood (11-3), Western (10-4), Green (7-7), Symmes Valley (7-7), Sciotoville (3-11), Notre Dame (2-12), Clay (2-12).

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Congratulations to all of these young men on earning all league honors! I think the tournament proved the SOC 1 was much better than people thought.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Still confused with how Cox or Greens coach didn't get coach of the year with the turn around them done with their teams. No disrespect to Barrick but everyone knew they were the favorite going into the season.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

2018 Division IV OPSWA All-Ohio Basketball Honor: Congrats to the following:

Special Mention:
Layken Gothard, Symmes Valley
Tanner Kimbler, Green
Kade Conley, New Boston Glenwood

Honorable Mention:
Kyle Sexton, New Boston Glenwood

Division III
Special Mention:
Lane Brewster, Western
Michael Miller, Eastern

Honorable Mention:
Evan Leist, Eastern
Last edited by a_c_m on Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

After watching the games at the Convo, how was the Miller kid from Eastern not Player-of-the-Year? Was he hurt or missed games during the season?

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:28 am After watching the games at the Convo, how was the Miller kid from Eastern not Player-of-the-Year? Was he hurt or missed games during the season?
Agreed.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Kade Conley of New Boston Glenwood is the player of year in SOC 1. He deserved it and earned it and the SOC 1 coaches agreed by voting for him.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

No disrespect to Kade Conley but at the Convo, Miller was the best player I saw from the SOC - I. And his effort against Oak Hill was good.

jumpman35
Waterboy

Post by jumpman35 »

a_c_m wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:36 pm Kade Conley of New Boston Glenwood is the player of year in SOC 1. He deserved it and earned it and the SOC 1 coaches agreed by voting for him.
Wow got alittle defensive! Must be a coach from NB.?! I agree with (it’s my opinion) Conley is a good player. But after watching the SOC teams play at the convo and Eastern playing in the D3 districts not D4. Miller is defiantly the player of the year. Miller had no problem playing against D3 talent. I also think Eastern went undefeated in the league?! 😂

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

The coaches voted correctly on the Coach of the Year. Eastern went undefeated in the league, it's pretty hard to not give it to him for that reason alone. I would venture to say New Boston had the most talented starting 5, so to say Eastern was the favorite by a landslide is simply not true.

If anyone else were to get the coaching award it would have been Hollar at Green. His tournament run only solidifies how well he did this year.

Conley getting POY makes sense, but a split POY with him and Miller would have also made sense.

Nonetheless, the picks the coaches agreed on for POY and COY are definitely justifiable and make sense.

jumpman35
Waterboy

Post by jumpman35 »

Agreed CO POY would have made more sense!

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Way too early prediction for next year:

1. Eastern
2. Green
3. New Boston
4. Western
5. Symmes Valley
6. Notre Dame
7. East
8. Clay

POY: Miller- Eastern
COY: Barrick-Eastern

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

art_vandelay wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:43 am Way too early prediction for next year:

1. Eastern
2. Green
3. New Boston
4. Western
5. Symmes Valley
6. Notre Dame
7. East
8. Clay

POY: Miller- Eastern
COY: Barrick-Eastern
With Notre Dame losing Shipp, putting them 6th is pretty generous. Granted, Clay and East are both going to be very down as well... but Notre Dame is going to struggle to grind out more than a couple wins.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

bbjunky: last 3 team predictions admittedly a guess with me going off ND beating them both late in the year, along with returning Mader and 2 other freshmen that played a lot last year (besides Shipp). None of them will be much of a threat to the teams outside of their tier and likewise all look to be down for the foreseeable future.*

Penguin
Freshman Team

Post by Penguin »

Where did Shipp go? I think Symmes Valley could surprise,

Return to “Boys Basketball”