MSL Buckeye predictions?

Bud07
Freshman Team

MSL Buckeye predictions?

Post by Bud07 »

I know not many teams from this league in the southeast bit just wanting some predictions. I go FU, Teays, Amanda, BC, LE but who knows. I believe it is FU and then everyone else, but I may be a little bias :D

bman
SEO

Re: MSL Buckeye predictions?

Post by bman »

You are right to say Fairfield Union is the clear favorite. Being two-time defending champs with what they have back does that for you.

I'd put Teays Valley and Bloom-Carroll next. Both have some solid pieces, but also some pretty big question marks.

Amanda has been extremely young the past two seasons and this could be their time to be a player for finishing third or fourth.

Circleville needs to find a PG and improve a lot on the defensive end. They can score, but they give up way too many points.

Logan Elm is going to be extremely young, but skilled. They have a very good freshman class and a couple of other solid ones following that from what I've been told.

Hard to tell about Hammy and LU.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

I really don’t see Amanda having what it takes to be top half in the league, but then again the Buckeye could be shallow after the top three of FU, TV/BC this year.

LU lost their big guy to transfer.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Amanda should be steadily improving, not sure about top half, but they should be pretty competitive overall.

Teams better get Logan Elm while they can, everything I've heard about their upcoming classes plus a great coaching staff should mean that the Braves won't be down for long.

Fairfield Union is the team to beat.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

formerfcfan wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:18 am I really don’t see Amanda having what it takes to be top half in the league, but then again the Buckeye could be shallow after the top three of FU, TV/BC this year.

LU lost their big guy to transfer.
I see the Buckeye being a free-for-all after the top three. Frankly, it's more top heavy than it used to be.

Circleville could finish fourth and defeated Amanda in both meetings last season, but there were six or seven games where they allowed more than 70 points last year and several more where they allowed over 65. Must fix this. Also they need to find a PG and I don't know if there is one in the program.

Amanda has some kids coming off a good football season that have the potential to take the next step on the court. Alex Smith is a kid who hasn't really tapped his potential inside. He's good but can take it to another level. We'll see how things shake out.

football life
Freshman Team

Post by football life »

1) FU - Probably goes undefeated in the league. just too big, and too skilled.
2a) BC - Young team but skilled. however well coached with a great culture.
2b) TV - one of the better players in the league (wolfe). big drop after that, but wolfe can carry them.
4) LE - Yes, a freshman heavy team. but will be scrappy enough and shoot well enough to win a few.
5) AC - pretty good junior class but still just cant get over the hump.
6) CV- couple of athletes and scrappy but just not skilled enough and undisciplined at times.
7) HT - very nice athlete (? name) but not much skill or discipline beyond that.
8) LU - what hope they had is now Blooms next golden boy (Kuhns). the LU - BC pipeline continues to haunt the Lions...

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

football life wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:50 am 1) FU - Probably goes undefeated in the league. just too big, and too skilled.
2a) BC - Young team but skilled. however well coached with a great culture.
2b) TV - one of the better players in the league (wolfe). big drop after that, but wolfe can carry them.
4) LE - Yes, a freshman heavy team. but will be scrappy enough and shoot well enough to win a few.
5) AC - pretty good junior class but still just cant get over the hump.
6) CV- couple of athletes and scrappy but just not skilled enough and undisciplined at times.
7) HT - very nice athlete (? name) but not much skill or discipline beyond that.
8) LU - what hope they had is now Blooms next golden boy (Kuhns). the LU - BC pipeline continues to haunt the Lions...
Heard last night that not only did LU lose Kuhns, but they lost Francis to transfer as well. That’s two 6’4 kids gone.

MORBaseball
Waterboy

Post by MORBaseball »

Liberty Union is no longer in the Buckeye Division. They are now in the Ohio. The Lions have now been in the MSL Cardinal, MSL Buckeye, and MSL Ohio all within the last 10 years.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

MORBaseball wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:09 pm Liberty Union is no longer in the Buckeye Division. They are now in the Ohio. The Lions have now been in the MSL Cardinal, MSL Buckeye, and MSL Ohio all within the last 10 years.
Do they know that? They play every Buckeye school twice during the regular season this year.

That move was for football only I believe.

MORBaseball
Waterboy

Post by MORBaseball »

Hmm okay, maybe it was just for football. Didn't realize that, my mistake.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Liberty Union participates in the MSL-Ohio for football only.

Their basketball program hasn’t been in any semblance of competitiveness since Gary Lecrone was there — and even then, they were mediocre in the MSL-Cardinal. Someone might point to when Compton coached as “they weren’t bad then!”, but that frankly was the product of good athletes surrounding a talented of, the coach’s son.

Liberty Union competing in the MSL-Buckeye for hoops is great for ticket revenue and camaraderie across local schools, but it’s atrocious how separated they are from the top three competitively speaking. Put LU in the MSL-Cardinal for hoops, and they’re finishing fifth out of nine.

Return to “Boys Basketball”