2017-18 Chillicothe Cavaliers

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

2017-18 Chillicothe Cavaliers

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Round balls are out! (at least for us)
So excited for winter to be here. Hoops season is the best is it not?!

I want to get some opinions on this years team. I read that we only have like 7 home games this year :cry: . Way to go Chilli Athletic Director. Killin it.

I think this team is going to be very solid. VERY Athletic, disciplined, and experienced. I also hear we got a transfer in from Lucasville Valley, 6'6' so that will help our height.

Predictions: We will easily win the FAC. Unfortunately, we are D1 this year and will probably have a tough draw. Typical Huffer team, we will get better and better and be clicking by tourney time.

GO CAVS!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: 2017-18 Chillicothe Cavaliers

Post by danicalifornia »

Schedule is a killer and I'm not even talking level of competition, although, that is still very high. Multiple times they play back to back to back nights and like you said, only 8 home games.

Should be another very good team. Maughmer x2 should be fun to watch. Huffer does a great job every year and I'm sure this year will be no different.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

danicalifornia wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:23 pm Schedule is a killer and I'm not even talking level of competition, although, that is still very high. Multiple times they play back to back to back nights and like you said, only 8 home games.

Should be another very good team. Maughmer x2 should be fun to watch. Huffer does a great job every year and I'm sure this year will be no different.
Agreed. I am excited to see how Jayvon(sp) has progressed since last year. Does he take the next step? Play intimidated? Try to do too much? All are real possibilities i just hope its the first one! He has the build to be special. If Tre can come into his own and really hit those growing stages it could be a nice class.

I saw some strange games on our schedule this year. Meigs? Zane Trace?
Wow, i didn't even notice the dates. two times we go back to back to back and in the middle of one of those is Unioto!(You might have the upper hand this year Dani) What the heck happened to this schedule!?

miggyt
Freshman Team

Post by miggyt »

I see Maughmer signed with Cedarville. I imagine that's his choice, but he was rumored to get D1 looks, so I did raise an eyebrow.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

miggyt wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:44 pm I see Maughmer signed with Cedarville. I imagine that's his choice, but he was rumored to get D1 looks, so I did raise an eyebrow.
Not sure he is D1 talent. Great athlete no doubt but I think D! is a stretch. But Cedarville is D2 so no slouch for him.

Maybe he comes out and has an amazing senior year to get some MAC looks!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Nothing wrong with going D2. Covers tuition just the same and is some really good basketball. Great for Brandon! He'll have a great senior season, I'm sure. Hope it isn't great on 12/22, but every other night is fine with me lol

Some excellent length and athleticism for the Cavaliers. Just hope that everyone can stay healthy through December.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Good for him! Cedarville really is a great school!

Return to “Boys Basketball”