Impactful Freshman on Varsity

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Impactful Freshman on Varsity

Post by Ironman92 »

Who are the freshman contributing major roles on varsity this year?

Truitt I imagine for Burg

Little for Piketon?

Maybe Treylan Davis Jackson

Who else?

mlittle
SEOP

Re: Impactful Freshman on Varsity

Post by mlittle »

Kyle Sexton I believe goes to East. 6'5 can play in post, shoots pretty well and can also handle the ball. Should make an impact right away. Him, Truitt, Little all play for the same AAU team

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

mlittle wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:35 am Kyle Sexton I believe goes to East. 6'5 can play in post, shoots pretty well and can also handle the ball. Should make an impact right away. Him, Truitt, Little all play for the same AAU team
A 6’5 with pretty good skills would help most teams around southern Ohio

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Just heard the Sexton kid transferred to Webster

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

mlittle wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:51 am Just heard the Sexton kid transferred to Webster
I thought I heard he went back to New Boston.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ok....who can tell us where this talented freshman is playing lol?

Jeeps22
Waterboy

Post by Jeeps22 »

Kyle is at New Boston

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Buckeye_storm wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:06 pm Kyle is at New Boston
Thanks, good luck to him

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Mr. Sexton is at New Boston and from what I've been told is currently 'ineligible' until an investigation concludes. Supposedly East turned New Boston Coach in for recruiting this young man and the OHSAA is investigating the matter.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
captaintrojan
Waterboy

Post by captaintrojan »

I feel sorry for the Sexton kid. It stinks that the player gets the punishment and not the coach. I heard this is not the first incident from this coach involving recruiting.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

captaintrojan wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:14 am I feel sorry for the Sexton kid. It stinks that the player gets the punishment and not the coach. I heard this is not the first incident from this coach involving recruiting.
Reminds me of a few years back in baseball, Mason got banned from the OHSAA tournament for something their coach did. I believe they were a top 10 team in D1 at the time too. Unfair to punish the player/team when they had little to nothing to do with it.

AllAboutTheU
Freshman Team

Post by AllAboutTheU »

I agree

Jeeps22
Waterboy

Post by Jeeps22 »

Kyle wasn't recruited to New Boston, he live in that district and always has live there. His mother lost her job that's why he is back at NB. It's sad that adult have to take away the game that he live to play.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Buckeye_storm wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:28 pm Kyle wasn't recruited to New Boston, he live in that district and always has live there. His mother lost her job that's why he is back at NB. It's sad that adult have to take away the game that he live to play.
I fully agree that the adults are the one's to blame here - whether it be East's admin/coaches or New Boston coach (for recruiting), there are adults at fault in this situation.

If there was any investigation it should have been into how Wheelersburg coach recruited the Truitt boy from South Webster. That was a dirty, dirty situation right there.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
captaintrojan
Waterboy

Post by captaintrojan »

Heard Sexton isn't the only kid that was being recruited by this particular coach. It's just others said NO. Ultimately, the kids have the final say so if they want to leave or not. Speaking of recruits, didn't SW have a "recruit/transfer" back in 06 that led them to a State Title? A coach may of not recruited him but the way he was able to play without sitting out was pretty sketchy. :lol:

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

captaintrojan wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:57 pm Heard Sexton isn't the only kid that was being recruited by this particular coach. It's just others said NO. Ultimately, the kids have the final say so if they want to leave or not. Speaking of recruits, didn't SW have a "recruit/transfer" back in 06 that led them to a State Title? A coach may of not recruited him but the way he was able to play without sitting out was pretty sketchy. :lol:
No coaches or adults involved in that one. Kid lived in South Webster and still comes back to SW whenever he comes home. Loved the coach at Ironton before LaFon, didn't agree with LaFon's ways and needed out. Nothing sketchy about it

Jeeps22
Waterboy

Post by Jeeps22 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:43 pm
Buckeye_storm wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:28 pm Kyle wasn't recruited to New Boston, he live in that district and always has live there. His mother lost her job that's why he is back at NB. It's sad that adult have to take away the game that he live to play.
I fully agree that the adults are the one's to blame here - whether it be East's admin/coaches or New Boston coach (for recruiting), there are adults at fault in this situation.

If there was any investigation it should have been into how Wheelersburg coach recruited the Truitt boy from South Webster. That was a dirty, dirty situation right there.
Again we are talking about freshman here, if I'm over a program if they don't want to be where I'm at then see you later. Work with what you have and let the kids go where they want to play.

Jeeps22
Waterboy

Post by Jeeps22 »

Every school recruits in a curtain way some are a little more blunt about it.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Let’s get back on topic

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

In Washington County the Marietta Tigers and Warren Warriors both have a pair of freshman that could end up making a huge impact on their schools programs.
At Marietta Mark Duckworth looks to make an immediate impact on the Tigers. The 6 foot guard has not only talent but as a coaches son the usual high basketball IQ. A slasher with unusual toughness for a freshman that finished well around the rim. His outside shot is a work in progress but he is s kid that makes other players on the floor better. Look for Duckworth to play a big role for the Tigers this season. After a successful AAU season with OVHG and a Fall League season in the Columbus Nike League where he helped lead his team to the City Championship with HG Black, Duckworh’s performance against high level competition proves he is more than ready to contribute in a big way to the success of Tiger Basketball
Also at Marietta a 6’1” guard Tony Munos has star talent.
At Warren the Warriors are once again restocking talent so while they are young SE District better get them now.
Seth Dennis a 5’8” PG and Makiah Merritt a 6’4” Wing are future stars for Maddox’s BIG BAD BLUE. Dennis the younger brother of last year’s All District player Kyler Dennis. Nice handles and deceptive strength will give the Warriors another option when it comes to ball pressure. Nice outside shot that he hits consistently.
The player with the biggest upside is the 6’4” Wing Makiah Merritt. Merritt ranked Top #50 by Buckeye Prep is smooth and silky with good leaping ability his midrange game is deadly. Combined with the ability to finish above the rim gives him the ability to be special. Makiah also played a Elite AAU schedule for OVHG as well as Nike Fall League for HG Black winning the City Championship.
The best few years DII basketball in Washington County gonna be a blast.

Return to “Boys Basketball”