Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week - Official Pre-Season Rankings

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week - Official Pre-Season Rankings

Post by pfloyd »

Looking forward to catching up with the Oaks early this season Oaktown ... solid team - adding some newcomers who WILL give them much needed depth ... how did the Oak Hill "add ons" do (Darby, Wright, Brate) ?

Oaktown
Freshman Team

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week - Official Pre-Season Rankings

Post by Oaktown »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:00 pm Looking forward to catching up with the Oaks early this season Oaktown ... solid team - adding some newcomers who WILL give them much needed depth ... how did the Oak Hill "add ons" do (Darby, Wright, Brate) ?

Darby is the only new player. I'm not sure where that rumor started about Wright and Brate, but it is false. I sent you a PM with the 2017-18 roster.

Oaktown
Freshman Team

Post by Oaktown »

Darby played extremely well and fits in perfect with the 4 returning senior starters.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Oaktown wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:21 pm Darby played extremely well and fits in perfect with the 4 returning senior starters.
So he can play immediately?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Oaktown wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:19 pm
pfloyd wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:00 pm Looking forward to catching up with the Oaks early this season Oaktown ... solid team - adding some newcomers who WILL give them much needed depth ... how did the Oak Hill "add ons" do (Darby, Wright, Brate) ?

Darby is the only new player. I'm not sure where that rumor started about Wright and Brate, but it is false. I sent you a PM with the 2017-18 roster.
Thanks Oaktown for setting the record straight on Wright & Brate - I saw it on another thread that these 2 were at Oak Hill ... I will go back to see who posted that so I know not to put much trust into their information ... glad to hear that Darby "fits in" ... getting a 6-5 quality/experienced player is a great pick up ... the Carroll boys are outstanding along with Nathan Hale, Brett Long ... excellent group of athletes & Norm at the controls ...

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Love reading all the input in all the threads . They are very entertaining and fun to read . Caution to all that read them that if your favorite team or players are not mentioned or fictional statements are made do not get upset. This is a tool for some to promote their agenda and reflect THEIR opinions . It does give us the better teams in SEO and allows us to follow scores and updates on game night . A lot is someones opinion , some is to promote certain teams and some to promote certain players . The TRUTH is there are teams year in and year out that have great success in SEO because they are great programs and that makes good stories . The TRUTH is there are teams on the rise and that makes a good story . Some things that are written there is a lot of TRUTH and some of the things are written that makes a GREAT story is FICTION . Read and enjoy but as fans support YOUR TEAM , fill the Gyms and enjoy the game . High School Basketball is here and SEO is loaded with really good teams and a lot of really good players . Post your thoughts and be accurate . There is no better place to to get stories and updates than SEOP . Thanks to all that make it possible . Good luck to all the Teams in SEO

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Great points Truth&fiction ...

Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

6-5 quality and experienced, now thats a preety good addition!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Truth&fiction wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:01 am Love reading all the input in all the threads . They are very entertaining and fun to read . Caution to all that read them that if your favorite team or players are not mentioned or fictional statements are made do not get upset. This is a tool for some to promote their agenda and reflect THEIR opinions . It does give us the better teams in SEO and allows us to follow scores and updates on game night . A lot is someones opinion , some is to promote certain teams and some to promote certain players . The TRUTH is there are teams year in and year out that have great success in SEO because they are great programs and that makes good stories . The TRUTH is there are teams on the rise and that makes a good story . Some things that are written there is a lot of TRUTH and some of the things are written that makes a GREAT story is FICTION . Read and enjoy but as fans support YOUR TEAM , fill the Gyms and enjoy the game . High School Basketball is here and SEO is loaded with really good teams and a lot of really good players . Post your thoughts and be accurate . There is no better place to to get stories and updates than SEOP . Thanks to all that make it possible . Good luck to all the Teams in SEO

GREAT POST

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:21 pm
Oaktown wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:19 pm

Thanks Oaktown for setting the record straight on Wright & Brate - I saw it on another thread that these 2 were at Oak Hill ... I will go back to see who posted that so I know not to put much trust into their information ... glad to hear that Darby "fits in" ... getting a 6-5 quality/experienced player is a great pick up ... the Carroll boys are outstanding along with Nathan Hale, Brett Long ... excellent group of athletes & Norm at the controls ...

btw, it is Mitchell Hale not Nathan Hale. Just don't want people thinking we added another player.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Truth&fiction wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:01 am Love reading all the input in all the threads . They are very entertaining and fun to read . Caution to all that read them that if your favorite team or players are not mentioned or fictional statements are made do not get upset. This is a tool for some to promote their agenda and reflect THEIR opinions . It does give us the better teams in SEO and allows us to follow scores and updates on game night . A lot is someones opinion , some is to promote certain teams and some to promote certain players . The TRUTH is there are teams year in and year out that have great success in SEO because they are great programs and that makes good stories . The TRUTH is there are teams on the rise and that makes a good story . Some things that are written there is a lot of TRUTH and some of the things are written that makes a GREAT story is FICTION . Read and enjoy but as fans support YOUR TEAM , fill the Gyms and enjoy the game . High School Basketball is here and SEO is loaded with really good teams and a lot of really good players . Post your thoughts and be accurate . There is no better place to to get stories and updates than SEOP . Thanks to all that make it possible . Good luck to all the Teams in SEO
But wait, Drama and Mis-Information helps keep those Adverstising $$$$ rolling in to SEOPREPS .No-one wants boring Statistics and Run-Downs...Just like in the Movie and Advertising business where Sex Sells!!! You all have it wrong here at SEOPREPS. :D :lol:

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Are there any Foundation Games of note coming up? While they are just glorified scrimmages and most coaches don't go all out, they are fun because they are for a good cause and help get some fans out before the regular season begins.

I know of 2 that are on Tuesday:
Unioto at Vinton County
Oak Hill at Gallia Academy

Any others? Hoping everyone stays healthy throughout the preseason/year.

JEEPNATION
Riding the Bench

Post by JEEPNATION »

I'm not kidding one bit when I say I think Oak Hill will be the #1 team on this list halfway through the season. Lost one game in the regular season last year - ONE - returned EVERYONE and added a 6'5" stud in Darby.

Team has a legitimate chance at a state title.. The problem is Africentric/Harvest Prep/Wellington all moved up to Division 3 in their regional. That could be a potential problem.

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

VisionQuest wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:51 am
But wait, Drama and Mis-Information helps keep those Adverstising $$$$ rolling in to SEOPREPS .No-one wants boring Statistics and Run-Downs...Just like in the Movie and Advertising business where Sex Sells!!! You all have it wrong here at SEOPREPS. :D :lol:
Then I guess you would consider the source and their past history at posting . Then decide for yourself . Nothing wrong with trying to improve being accurate . I would not call Pfloyd Run down boring . They are pretty accurate !

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Truth&fiction wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:48 am
VisionQuest wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:51 am
Then I guess you would consider the source and their past history at posting . Then decide for yourself . Nothing wrong with trying to improve being accurate . I would not call Pfloyd Run down boring . They are pretty accurate !
Just A little Sarcasm on this Fine Morning Truth and Fiction. Lol. I did like your Post by the Way. Fake News is Everywhere these Days. I would say Fake News was on this Forum long before it became a Thing on FB and in the Mainstream Media. We just didn't know to classify it as Such.

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Nothing wrong with a little Sarcasm on a cold morning. Sorry if I came off as being too serious . Fake News is everywhere these days that's why I like the TRUTH and FICTION drives me CRAZY. Lol. Good luck to your TEAM this season !

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... looking forward to getting the hoops season rolling this week ! Friday morning I'm heading down to Oak Hill to see the Oaks take on Warren and Gallia Academy at 10:30am , make a stop in Athens on the way back to Logan to catch some of the Shriners Preview (and grab a program) ...

Killer Krossover
Waterboy

Post by Killer Krossover »

PFloyd, looks like we will be missing a 'Big' piece of the puzzle from The Shermans....what I feared the most for the U has been confirmed. Hill is no longer with team, which leaves a large void in the paint.

Though I still believe the Tanks are capable of winning the league and having a great season, this does affect them. Shwachammer will be relied upon more now as a scorer.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:38 pm ... looking forward to getting the hoops season rolling this week ! Friday morning I'm heading down to Oak Hill to see the Oaks take on Warren and Gallia Academy at 10:30am , make a stop in Athens on the way back to Logan to catch some of the Shriners Preview (and grab a program) ...

I'll save ya a seat at the table, Floyd ...

No reason to sit in the cheap seats when you're 'famous' buddy.

:mrgreen:

Lightle72
Riding the Bench

Post by Lightle72 »

I look for Waverly and Piketon to sneak up the rankings as the season goes on. Piketon getting Tanner Purdue is huge he is a top ten talent in our area. And as Waverly’s health improves so will their team and depth.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”