Strength of Schedule

VisionQuest
All State

Re: Strength of Schedule

Post by VisionQuest »

ShoeHorn wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:26 pm
VisionQuest wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:26 pm
spartans_fan wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:55 pm Scheduling has so much to do with expectations. Alexander played as tough of a schedule as anyone in previous years. This year Alexander started playing more D4 schools than have been on the schedule for several years. I would think the spartans would have good talent for the next two to three years, so I am not sure why we are taking a step back in scheduling. Trimble and Waterford are very good D4 schools, but getting away from the tougher D2 schools is a step down for tournament preparation.

Go Alex.
Do you know if the Stone Markins kid is playing this Year?? Does he still got to Alexander?? I didn't notice him
On their Football roster this year.
Stone still goes to Alexander but he is injured.
Thanks and sorry to hear that. Hopefully he can get on the Court. I know Hardwood Heroes last year had him as A Player to keep an eye on this Upcoming Season.

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

VisionQuest wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:59 pm
ShoeHorn wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:26 pm
VisionQuest wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:26 pm
Do you know if the Stone Markins kid is playing this Year?? Does he still got to Alexander?? I didn't notice him
On their Football roster this year.
Stone still goes to Alexander but he is injured.
Thanks and sorry to hear that. Hopefully he can get on the Court. I know Hardwood Heroes last year had him as A Player to keep an eye on this Upcoming Season.
He is very good and does create matchup issues. Had an injury to his shoulder. I hope he makes it back this season, but I doubt it will happen. I don't think the injury had anything to do with football.

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

danicalifornia wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:36 pm
VisionQuest wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:24 pm
danicalifornia wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:32 pm

Agreed, especially considering that they are really close to being D2 and could be as soon as next season.
Well being in the TVC-OHIO they do play Division 2 teams Athens and VC Twice each. And not to Mention Division 3 Meigs twice. So if you look at it in that Sense. Pretty tough schedule.
I just looked at Alexander's schedule:

D4's- Trimble, Waterford, Fed Hocking
D3's- Southeastern, Oak Hill, Crooksville, Minford
D2's- Warren, Jackson

I have no clue what Greenup County is division-wise, but that's not a bad schedule at all. If they do move to D2, it'll need some fixing since D2 Coaches look at SOS hard, but as far as playing quality teams, there is only a couple of weak teams on their non conference schedule. That's a schedule that should get them ready for the tournament in D3.

The only difference between last year and this is that they don't play Marietta (2x last year) and play Waterford and Greenup County instead. I'm not sure that that is even a step down at this point.
You are correct about Trimble and Waterford being tough. Marietta created some issues for Alex and I hate that we dropped them. Non-conference is all you can control. Looking at the schedule, the back end of it is very tough. Could have a very good start, but the back end of the schedule will toughen the spartans in preparation for the tournament.

Go Alex.

Return to “Boys Basketball”