MSL Cardinal/New Hope/Central District D4

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Re: MSL Cardinal/New Hope/Central District D4

Post by Chieftain2009 »

I was shocked by the Berne Union and Cardington-Lincoln score. I'd like to say that FCA will blow past them, but with their win over Berne Union, it's a toss up.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Fisher 15
Centerburg 5

End Q1; Irish made five straight three’s to make a 15-0 run before two baskets by the Trojans after a late FC timeout.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Fisher 42
Centerburg 15

End 3q

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Danville 67
Millersport 49

Final

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Tree of Life 70
GC Christian 48

Fairfield Christian 67
Cardington-Lincoln 51

Fisher Catholic 50
Centerburg 27

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Some questionable choices for district semi locations!

Danville/Tree @ Highland
FC/FCA @ Lakewood - only one way to, and one way from, Lakewood to Lancaster! (Route 37)

Although, I would understand if it came down to no one in the Lancaster area wanting to host the game. Still, it would have been a killing at the gate if it were @ LHS, Pick North or Bloom-Carroll. Maybe BC would’ve wanted to host, but the CDAB might not have wanted the winner of that game to have a “leg up” by playing at BC one more time than the Tree/Danville winner.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

The FC vs. FCA game definitely should've been hosted by Lancaster. They must not have wanted to host.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:40 pm The FC vs. FCA game definitely should've been hosted by Lancaster. They must not have wanted to host.
Considering that, for the better part of the last 10 years, Lancaster HS’s team has not been the best team in Lancaster (among LHS, FCA, and FC) I can see why not. Same reason why Lancaster turned down a home-and-home with Fisher, despite the fact Lancaster will gladly play D3/D4 teams elsewhere.

Snowman
Freshman Team

Post by Snowman »

Fairfield Christian 51 beats Fisher Catholic 48
Tree of Life 73 beats Danville 71

Got to admit I didn’t see that coming, although it wasn’t tough to see that this would be a crapshoot this year with no true dominant teams.

The way Tree is rolling it wouldn’t surprise me if they kept it going. Those two athletic transfers must really have figured things out for them to be scoring so much after going all year struggling to put up points.

Great coaching by the veterans. Perhaps the Central District voters knew what they were doing with Arndt getting coach of the year.

Of course, none of this happens without competitive balance. Hopefully we can get some wild runs in future years as well!

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Congrats to FCA! It is hard to beat a team three times in one year!

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

Snowman wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:17 pm Fairfield Christian 51 beats Fisher Catholic 48

Got to admit I didn’t see that coming, although it wasn’t tough to see that this would be a crapshoot this year with no true dominant teams.

The way Tree is rolling it wouldn’t surprise me if they kept it going. Those two athletic transfers must really have figured things out for them to be scoring so much after going all year struggling to put up points.
Hitting 10 3's as a team, out of approximately 18 attempts tonight, helps too.

Snowman
Freshman Team

Post by Snowman »

icanpickem wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:18 pm
Snowman wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:17 pm Fairfield Christian 51 beats Fisher Catholic 48

Hitting 10 3's as a team, out of approximately 18 attempts tonight, helps too.
That'll do it. All season Tree has been EXTREMELY streaky. They had a game late in the season where they were losing to Madison Christian late in the 3rd quarter, then hit like 8 threes the rest of the game and ended up winning big.

Then again, FC was similar in many ways. They put up something like 10 threes in the first quarter against Gahanna Christian. The difference, at least in the game's I've seen them, is that Tree has trouble scoring unless it's a three or off of a steal.

This is a separate subject, but I do find it odd how different games are being officiated, at least looking at box scores. Danville/Tree both shot at least 20 free throws. Tree's prior game against Grove City Christian both teams shot 20+. GCC's first game against Shekinah I think there were like 4 or 5 free throws total for the whole game.

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

I guessed 18 attempts but was actually 10 of 14 from 3. But who's counting . 😑

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

icanpickem wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:39 pm I guessed 18 attempts but was actually 10 of 14 from 3. But who's counting . 😑
Hope you’re counting Zach Saffell’s strikeouts tossed when we play you in baseball this postseason.

#GoIrish

Return to “Boys Basketball”