SEOPS Hippo

Re: Vinton County vs Unioto Foundation Game @McArthur, OH

Post by Ironman92 »

Did neither of the Yates boys play?

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

VisionQuest wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:40 pm Speakman a possible Player of the Year in the TVC-OHIO???
If Yates is out for an extended time Speakman MAY be in the conversation along with Cozart and the player from Meigs ( Name has left me ) . My guess Yates will get it if healthy. Anyone have an update . Hope he sat out the rest of game as caution. Cozart is the best player for Athens . Speakman's numbers looked good so he must have pulled the laces tighter with Yates out. Anyone from VC have a box score?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Mattox from Meigs a candidate probably

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:35 pm Mattox from Meigs a candidate probably
Thanks . I did not want to get it wrong . I thought that was the name. Thanks again

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Truth&fiction wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:41 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:35 pm Mattox from Meigs a candidate probably
Thanks . I did not want to get it wrong . I thought that was the name. Thanks again
No problem...with your user name you better get stuff right

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:43 pm
Truth&fiction wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:41 pm
No problem...with your user name you better get stuff right
Well at least half right .Lol The other half could be ,well you know .

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

danicalifornia wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:48 am No, Hill will not be with Unioto this season. Hoping for nothing but the best for him. Please no speculation on anything though.
darn, hate to hear that. I'm a Piketon guy but it's definitely not good for the league to lose a top 5-6 player. Good luck to the young man what ever path he takes.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

According to tvc_fan Mattox coming off of ACL injury from Football. Opted out of Surgery and braced it instead to play Basketball and Baseball this senior year. Jury is out on how it will affect his play.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

VisionQuest wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:24 pm According to tvc_fan Mattox coming off of ACL injury from Football. Opted out of Surgery and braced it instead to play Basketball and Baseball this senior year. Jury is out on how it will affect his play.
That’s tough. Hope he finishes his senior year well. Best of luck to him

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

VisionQuest wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:24 pm According to tvc_fan Mattox coming off of ACL injury from Football. Opted out of Surgery and braced it instead to play Basketball and Baseball this senior year. Jury is out on how it will affect his play.
That's a tough call on bracing it up and continue to play . Good luck to the young man and wishing the best .

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

He has played in 2 scrimmages so far and scored 30 in each, his knee is so far holding up well and hasn't slowed him down...can tell it's on his mind at times though.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

tvc_fan wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:34 pm
He has played in 2 scrimmages so far and scored 30 in each, his knee is so far holding up well and hasn't slowed him down...can tell it's on his mind at times though.
We’ll get to see him on the 1st

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:50 pm Did neither of the Yates boys play?

No. Nevan dislocated his finger during football and is a few weeks away and Naylan injured his ankle right at the beginning of the game and sat the rest of the night. It's nothing major so he should be back in a week or two. I'd say with two starters out, VC played pretty well. Should be another fun year in McArthur.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Welp, was wrong on something posted earlier.

Hoping both of the Yates' boys get healthy soon. The Vikings are very good without them and will be extremely tough when they are 100%. Can't wait to see them at full strength!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

danicalifornia wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:42 pm Welp, was wrong on something posted earlier.

Hoping both of the Yates' boys get healthy soon. The Vikings are very good without them and will be extremely tough when they are 100%. Can't wait to see them at full strength!

daniC ! I for one am glad that you were wrong (although you weren't at the time you posted it LOL) ... being in the U - Family is the best place for that young man ...

Return to “Boys Basketball”