MEIGS @ JACKSON 12-1-2017

tvc_fan
Varsity

MEIGS @ JACKSON 12-1-2017

Post by tvc_fan »

Jackson won last year at Meigs 63-46.

I'm taking Meigs of course, all 3 guards Bartrum, Baer and Matrox can shoot the 3 and can drive to the basket, new varsity starter Darst can flat out play and time under the basket will be sophomore 6'8 Musser.

Meigs coming into the season was gonna be very deep on the bench but 3 Seniors deciding to quit will impact depth.

We may start the season out slow due to the starters not seeing many practices or scrimmages together due to football injuries, but I think we will be okay...hurry up Friday!!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: MEIGS @ JACKSON 12-1-2017

Post by Ironman92 »

Excited for this as well. Ready for actual games. Jackson had an excellent scrimmage season. Football injuries have eliminated 2 excellent athletes and not sure if a 3rd will continue to be out as well.

Jackson has their 3 top scorers returning and they should lead the way. Sophomore point guard is small in stature but can play and will set things up nicely. I imagine 6’4 frost Davis will get good minutes.

Jackson may not be too deep with the football injuries.

Will be interesting.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Looking forward to seeing the Ironmen play, lot of good reports coming in from the scrimmages. Will definitely miss the athletic McCoy off the bench but sounds like there is some youth that will step up and see some good minutes. Current trend line and future trend line is definitely moving up for J.I. Basketball.

IronTough2
Riding the Bench

Post by IronTough2 »

Last scrimmage tonight at 6 pm. The Ironmen take on Paint Valley and Chesapeake at home. The boys played very well at Licking Valley and went toe to toe with Harvest Prep. Definitely ready for the season to start.

Bring the Heat
Freshman Team

Post by Bring the Heat »

Jackson could and should win this game and many others.
They have 4, 3 year starters returning not many teams can say this.
A good young but very talented point guard to round out the starting five.
The bench will be a work in progress with a couple injuries but very capable young men to fill those roles.

They have improved each year and nothing short of at least a 500 season or better should be expected.
It is time to quit saying they will play hard and be competitive.
Jackson should be in the top 3 of the league at least and the non conference schedule is very favorable.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

tvc_fan wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:39 pm Jackson won last year at Meigs 63-46.

I'm taking Meigs of course, all 3 guards Bartrum, Baer and Matrox can shoot the 3 and can drive to the basket, new varsity starter Darst can flat out play and time under the basket will be sophomore 6'8 Musser.

Meigs coming into the season was gonna be very deep on the bench but 3 Seniors deciding to quit will impact depth.

We may start the season out slow due to the starters not seeing many practices or scrimmages together due to football injuries, but I think we will be okay...hurry up Friday!!!
Cooper is good. Honestly he will make a huge difference.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Seriously, how can you just give up your senior season of ball?

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

ironmen are on the rise

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

countywide35 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:31 pm ironmen are on the rise
They were 8-14 last season, best season they have had in I don't know how many years, I think they averaged 2-3 wins a season before that.

So it is most likely they are on the rise.

But I don't think they get their first win this Friday.

I know it has no meaning, but this years Seniors when they faced each other as Freshmen, Meigs Won 56-37.

i83
Freshman Team

Post by i83 »

Only one of Jackson s seniors played freshmen most onjv and one varsity

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

i83 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:01 pm Only one of Jackson s seniors played freshmen most onjv and one varsity
Only 1 Senior on Meigs plays from that Freshmen team...lol
But the Junior and Sophomore class has been pretty good coming up.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Jackson wins this by 8-10 points. Jackson beat Meigs last year and Jackson is much improved . I see 12-14 wins this season

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Poo Bear wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:50 pm Jackson wins this by 8-10 points. Jackson beat Meigs last year and Jackson is much improved . I see 12-14 wins this season
Meigs started out of the gate slow last year going 0-4, one of these was Jackson...At that time the starters weren't established for Meigs..Once that got corrected, we finished the rest of the way 14-4. Loss to VC by 8 points, Loss to VC by 1 point, Loss to Athens by 12 points and a Loss to Point Pleasant 8 points in triple overtime.

Our guard play and defense is a lot stronger this season, We lost Musser who averaged 12 ppg and Mahr averaged 8 ppg...Mattox led with 14 ppg.

We still have Mattox, Bartrum and Baer will average more this year then Musser and Mahr did together and our big man Kennedy who averaged 8 ppg will be replaced with Darst who will be in double digits and we will see some dunks from him this season. Darst and Musser underneath rebounding will be key.

I am feeling great about the season. I am hoping that a slow start like last season doesn't happen, but I don't think it will. Hurry up Tomorrow!!!

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

tvc_fan wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:24 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:50 pm Jackson wins this by 8-10 points. Jackson beat Meigs last year and Jackson is much improved . I see 12-14 wins this season
Meigs started out of the gate slow last year going 0-4, one of these was Jackson...At that time the starters weren't established for Meigs..Once that got corrected, we finished the rest of the way 14-4. Loss to VC by 8 points, Loss to VC by 1 point, Loss to Athens by 12 points and a Loss to Point Pleasant 8 points in triple overtime.

Our guard play and defense is a lot stronger this season, We lost Musser who averaged 12 ppg and Mahr averaged 8 ppg...Mattox led with 14 ppg.

We still have Mattox, Bartrum and Baer will average more this year then Musser and Mahr did together and our big man Kennedy who averaged 8 ppg will be replaced with Darst who will be in double digits and we will see some dunks from him this season. Darst and Soph. Bobby Musser underneath rebounding will be key.

I am feeling great about the season. I am hoping that a slow start like last season doesn't happen, but I don't think it will. Hurry up Tomorrow!!!

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

tvc_fan wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:25 pm

We still have Mattox, Bartrum and Baer will average more this year then Musser and Mahr did together and our big man Kennedy who averaged 8 ppg will be replaced with Darst who will be in double digits and we will see some dunks from him this season. Darst and Soph. Bobby Musser underneath rebounding will be key.

Meigs still going with the 1-3-1 this year??

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Both teams should be pretty good this season, the move to D3 should be amazing for Meigs come tournament time. I think this should be an interesting game to watch, wish I could see it. I think the Ironmen protect home court by a late bucket by Donaldson.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

VisionQuest wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:18 pm

Surprisingly they played the first couple scrimmages in all man to man, then the others mixed it up in several zones, I think he has confidence in our man to man...time will tell though, I'd say we will do some face guarding as well against some teams.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

tvc_fan wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:01 pm
VisionQuest wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:18 pm
Surprisingly they played the first couple scrimmages in all man to man, then the others mixed it up in several zones, I think he has confidence in our man to man...time will tell though, I'd say we will do some face guarding as well against some teams.
Faceguarding on Dalton Cozart worked for Meigs that one time last season against Athens. I don't see it working so well if Meigs decides to try it again. Athens main Scorers last season were Lutz and Cozart. There are So many more weapons now. See you on the 12th.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

tvc_fan wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:47 pm
countywide35 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:31 pm ironmen are on the rise
They were 8-14 last season, best season they have had in I don't know how many years, I think they averaged 2-3 wins a season before that.

So it is most likely they are on the rise.

But I don't think they get their first win this Friday.

I know it has no meaning, but this years Seniors when they faced each other as Freshmen, Meigs Won 56-37.
good insight......Jackson did improve much last season and with a load of talent from 8-10th grades I would say the ironmen are only destined to become better.......as for tonight, well, tip-off is here and good luck to both teams.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Musser is 6'8?

Return to “Boys Basketball”