DII - Logan sectional

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: DII - Logan sectional

Post by 93Bulldog »

Starting to get interesting ... Maybe Fairfield Union doesn't have a strangle hold on the No. 1 ... Will a tough schedule cause Warren to drop out of contention for the No. 2 ... With both Yates bros back (and hopefully Eli Griffith soon too) does Vinton County have an outside shot at the 1?

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

93Bulldog wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:59 pm Starting to get interesting ... Maybe Fairfield Union doesn't have a strangle hold on the No. 1 ... Will a tough schedule cause Warren to drop out of contention for the No. 2 ... With both Yates bros back (and hopefully Eli Griffith soon too) does Vinton County have an outside shot at the 1?
Interested to see how VC does against Zane Trace tomorrow. And of course Athens on Tuesday. Sheridan also has a say in all of this. Don't know much about them. Meadowbrook at Warren and Bloom-Carroll and FU. All Big games tomorrow.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Fairfield Union has 4 losses, but only one is a real slip up. The other 3 are excellent teams, so I think if they beat Sheridan in their head to head, they'll still be one of the teams competing for the 1.

If VC handles ZT tomorrow, they could make a strong case for the 1 (as long as they handle their business otherwise as well), with only 1 loss with both Yates' being healthy and playing much better with them. Even then, that NY loss could haunt them.

Warren's schedule is very strong and could push them down, but they'll be tournament ready.

Sheridan is the wild card in the top 4. If they can get a couple of wins against top teams in their league and beat FU, they could have a strong case for the 1.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Problem with Sheridan is nobody knows for sure how good (or bad) they are each year. They've showed up at Logan with really good records and were bounced by lower seeds numerous times. (including Athens last year).

Without many common opponents (or head to head matchups with other Logan teams) it's hard to handicap them. If I was a coach in the Logan sectional I'd almost have to go on past tournament success (results).

My advice to Sheridan would be - start scheduling games with VC, Athens, LE, etc ...

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Does anyone know when the matchup between Sheridan and FU is? And where the game will be played?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Athens beats Meigs 66-41 on Friday night
Meigs beats Marietta 74-66 on Saturday.

What has happened to the Tigers???

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

93Bulldog wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:24 pm Athens beats Meigs 66-41 on Friday night
Meigs beats Marietta 74-66 on Saturday.

What has happened to the Tigers???
Better yet what got into Meigs?? Heard any final on Warren and Meadowbrook?

Road Blues
Waterboy

Post by Road Blues »

Meadowbrook won 62-58

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Logan Elm won and Circleville lost on Saturday.

Bud07
Freshman Team

Post by Bud07 »

Fairfield Union beats Bloom-Carroll by 25 tonight. They looked better. I hope they are getting back on track.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

If you are in the running for the bottom part of the seeding 5-10. Where's the best place to be sitting?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

VisionQuest wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:45 am If you are in the running for the bottom part of the seeding 5-10. Where's the best place to be sitting?
Not sure it matters much this year, all top 4 will be hard to beat. Not to mention, its hard to say how 1-4 will shake out.

I guess if I had to pick my poison, I'd hope for the 6 (if your Athens) and hope Sheridan gets the 3.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Through 1/20, let me know if anything is off.

Athens 4-9
Circleville 5-8
Fairfield Union 7-4
Logan Elm 5-8
Marietta 5-9
New Lexington 5-7
Sheridan 9-2
Vinton County 9-4
Warren 8-5
Westfall 3-11
Last edited by danicalifornia on Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Just a quick glance look from me at the schedules coming up

Fairfield Union can get themselves completely right and in a hurry before the draw. Two tough games (at Hamilton Twp, Teays Valley), but both of those are games they can definitely get. They beat HT by double digits at home.

Circleville and Logan Elm each have 3-4 more winnable games coming up before the draw, including a head to head matchup. Circleville also plays New Lexington on Tuesday.

Sheridan has a few tests coming up, including Tri Valley twice, Philo and John Glenn. Their 2 losses were to Philo and JG, so those are games they certainly could drop. Philo was in OT, but JG blew them out. I've got no idea on how strong the Scotties are, but I guess we'll see after these two meet on Tuesday.

Vinton County has 5 games before the draw. Athens on Tuesday, a game at Alexander, and hosting Chillicothe will be games that could shake things up a little. I think the Vikings will go 4-1 at the worst and could easily go 5-0 in that run.

Athens has some games coming up that could get them on a roll. The game with LE will be big for both as they hope to avoid a 7-10 seed.

Tuesday's games:
Athens at Vinton County
Fairfield Union at St. Charles
Circleville at New Lexington
Logan Elm at Washington
Tri Valley at Sheridan

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Thanks danic...Great info-getting very interesting down the homestretch. So the 4/5 winner will more than likely end up playing Fairland? Is that correct?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

VisionQuest wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:22 pm Thanks danic...Great info-getting very interesting down the homestretch. So the 4/5 winner will more than likely end up playing Fairland? Is that correct?
Yes

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

I will ask this question as asked by another on the Southeast Sectional thread. If the draw was today how would these Seeds be played out?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Coaches could be nervous on how they jockey for matchup and position....what if Unioto doesn’t lose again and get voted the #1 over Fairland who has 3 losses.

These things happen

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

VisionQuest wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:25 pm I will ask this question as asked by another on the Southeast Sectional thread. If the draw was today how would these Seeds be played out?
Take top 4 teams, put em in a hat and draw.
Take next 6 and do the same.

Whatever you come up with could be the answer.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:36 pm Coaches could be nervous on how they jockey for matchup and position....what if Unioto doesn’t lose again and get voted the #1 over Fairland who has 3 losses.

These things happen
Then the coaches are stupid. Fairland would beat Unioto by 20+

Return to “Boys Basketball”