DII - Logan sectional

Allthewayup11
Freshman Team

Re: DII - Logan sectional

Post by Allthewayup11 »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:48 pm
noreply66 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:43 am Need to give the little guy a little help

1 vs 5
2 vs 6
3 vs 7
4 vs 8
No? :lol:

First round is 7 vs 10 and 8 vs 9. Semi final is 1 vs 8/9, 2 vs 7/10, 3 vs 6, and 4 vs 5
Thank goodness, otherwise, what's the point on getting the 1st and second seed only to play each other possibly in round two.

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

With the Vinton County double digit loss to Chilly I think Warren has a legit argument for that #1 seed. The their SOS has made the Warriors late season run a factor in that determination.

1. Warren
2. FU
3. Sheridan
4. Vinton County
5. Athens
6. New Lexington
7. Circleville
8. Logan Elm
9. Marietta
10. Westfall

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

What does VC loss have to do with Warren getting a 1? lol

It's FU and Sheridan in the mix for the 1. Sheridan won big tonight and is (15-3)

FU has been rolling of late.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Here is what 93dog says

1. Fairfield Union
2. Sheridan
3. Vinton
4. Warren
5. Athens

I want ONE more shot at the Big Bad Blue!!!! lol lol

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

93Bulldog wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:13 pm What does VC loss have to do with Warren getting a 1? lol

It's FU and Sheridan in the mix for the 1. Sheridan won big tonight and is (15-3)

I think it shows that Warren's W over Chillicothe is even more impressive. Warren is definitely in the conversation for the 1. Vinton County is the 4 seed.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

The 4 seed is just a brutal place to be. Could possibly play an Athens team that might be on a 10-game winning streak, and then have to face Fairland next. Yikes. Haha

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

danicalifornia wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:29 pm
93Bulldog wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:13 pm What does VC loss have to do with Warren getting a 1? lol

I think it shows that Warren's W over Chillicothe is even more impressive. Warren is definitely in the conversation for the 1. Vinton County is the 4 seed.
My thoughts exactly. 93Dog wants no part of Vinton County or Warren for his Bullpuppies. Vinton will be looking for payback and Warren is just a better ball club than Athens IMO

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Going into Wednesday:

1. Fairfield Union
2. Sheridan
3. Warren
4. Vinton County
5. Athens
6. New Lexington
7. Logan Elm
8. Circleville
9. Marietta
10. Westfall

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

WarriorBlue wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:35 pm

My thoughts exactly. 93Dog wants no part of Vinton County or Warren for his Bullpuppies. Vinton will be looking for payback and Warren is just a better ball club than Athens IMO
I would say it's more the other way around. Athens doesn't really care who they play, gonna be a tough game no matter what.
BUT ,,, None of the top 4 teams want to play the Bulldogs.

:mrgreen:

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

WarriorBlue wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:35 pm

I think it’s the other way around, Vinton wants no part of Athens or any team in that top group.

moorelukas
Riding the Bench

Post by moorelukas »

I think it's destined to be an Athens vs Vinton County rematch in the first round. When Athens was playing some of it's worst basketball of the season Vinton County only won by 11, then when Athens was playing at about 80% Athens won 54-51. The Bulldogs would have beaten every team in the section if they play the way they played against Wellston. 88-38 and the starters never came in after 5:00 to go in the 3rd, the 3rd! The main rotation shot over 70% from the field, nine Bulldogs scored in the first half, and Athens leading scorer, Justin Hynes, wasn't one of them. Every team in the section, especially Vinton and Warren, should be terrified of what Athens is capable of when playing at their peak. Even if Wellston had Simpson, Athens still would've won by 40. Are the Bulldogs better than the top 4? Maybe not. But the Bulldogs at their BEST, are capable of beating every team in the section at their BEST. Any upsets Athens pulls off, won't be an accident.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Looks like it will by a great train wreck to watch.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

vcgrad wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:10 pm Looks like it will by a great train wreck to watch.
Huh?

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

moorelukas wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:37 am I think it's destined to be an Athens vs Vinton County rematch in the first round. When Athens was playing some of it's worst basketball of the season Vinton County only won by 11, then when Athens was playing at about 80% Athens won 54-51. The Bulldogs would have beaten every team in the section if they play the way they played against Wellston. 88-38 and the starters never came in after 5:00 to go in the 3rd, the 3rd! The main rotation shot over 70% from the field, nine Bulldogs scored in the first half, and Athens leading scorer, Justin Hynes, wasn't one of them. Every team in the section, especially Vinton and Warren, should be terrified of what Athens is capable of when playing at their peak. Even if Wellston had Simpson, Athens still would've won by 40. Are the Bulldogs better than the top 4? Maybe not. But the Bulldogs at their BEST, are capable of beating every team in the section at their BEST. Any upsets Athens pulls off, won't be an accident.
The Bulldogs are demolishing teams now!!! Nevermind that Wellston, Nelsonville and Jackson were without their top 2 players or that Meigs was in their first game without 2 starters. The Bulldogs are dominating!!!!

7-12 Logan Elm, no sweat!
5-14 Nelsonville, not a chance!!
7-12 Meigs, mincemeat!!!!

Watch out 5-13 River Valley and 2-15 Federal Hocking, your beatings are on their way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Logan elm beat bloom Carroll a few nights after losing to Athens. Meigs of course isn't the same team, but did beat Marietta three days after losing to Athens by 20. Jackson I think was down one starter, but still a solid win on the road for the Bulldogs. A win at Vinton County is also part of the 6-game winning streak.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

As soon as the bulldogs have a bump in the road--watch what happens or the play a good team--whatever happens 1st.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

93Bulldog wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:42 pm Logan elm beat bloom Carroll a few nights after losing to Athens. Meigs of course isn't the same team, but did beat Marietta three days after losing to Athens by 20. Jackson I think was down one starter, but still a solid win on the road for the Bulldogs. A win at Vinton County is also part of the 6-game winning streak.
The VC win is a really good win. I just was being over the top like some of the posters have been during the Bulldogs run. It does appear that they have things going in the right direction.

But, Bloom has been terrible since 2018 started, they lost their best player for the season sometime after the VC win for them. Definitely a strange year in the MSL with both BC and LE being well below .500.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

bman wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:47 am Going into Wednesday:

1. Fairfield Union
2. Sheridan
3. Warren
4. Vinton County
5. Athens
6. New Lexington
7. Logan Elm
8. Circleville
9. Marietta
10. Westfall
... through the Tuesday night games (2/6) I'm going with :

1. Fairfield Union
2. Warren
3. Sheridan
4. Athens
5. Vinton County
6. Logan Elm
7. New Lexington
8. Circleville
9. Marietta
10. Westfall

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Should Unioto go into FU and get a "W" (yes I know the seeding will already be done/turned in by coaches) I would put Warren at #1 BUT I wouldn't feel uncomfortable going with this lineup NOW either as I believe the resume including good losses/good wins/SoS goes with Warren over FU :

1. Warren
2. Fairfield Union
3. Sheridan
4. Athens
5. Vinton County
6. Logan Elm
7. New Lex
8. Circleville
9. Marietta
10. Westfall

... after looking at ALL of the variables I'm going with this lineup , if FU beats the U then FU gets the #1 in my book ... then again I'm old, have bad eyes. drive a '75 VW Bus, and will go into a Baskin Robbins and come out with a vanilla ice cream in a sugar cone ...

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

vcgrad wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:48 pm As soon as the bulldogs have a bump in the road--watch what happens or the play a good team--whatever happens 1st.
I guess they will get their chance next Friday and Saturday. Alex @ Athens 2/16. Morgan @ Athens 2/17. These 2 teams won't be pushovers.

Return to “Boys Basketball”