VisionQuest
All State

TVC-OHIO Opening Weekend

Post by VisionQuest »

Not a good weekend for TVC-OHIO
Athens goes 0-2 with losses to Gallia Academy and Bishop Watterson
Meigs goes 0-2 with losses to Jackson and Southern
Vinton County 0-1 with a loss to Bloom-Carroll
(These 3 teams are supposed to be the Front runners in the TVC-OHIO)
Alexander goes 0-1
Wellston and Nelsonville-York are the lone winners from the TVC-OHIO this weekend as far as I know. Not Sure if River Valley has played yet.

Rufus
JV Team

Re: TVC-OHIO Opening Weekend

Post by Rufus »

River Valley lost to eastern Friday night

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Not a good weekend for the TVC

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Not a good weekend at all. Time to lick those wounds and come back out and give it another try next week.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Nothing to worry about, IMO. You obviously prefer wins, but those are 5 pretty good teams that the top 3 teams lost to.

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

Alexander was up 38-31 over Southeastern with less than four minutes to play. We got outscored 13-2 over the final 3+ minutes. We had good shoots that we did not hit and we were not very patient with the ball. We could have won by hitting a few shots or burning some clock.

The younger players looked good, but not sure where all of our Junior and Seniors are. Looks like we only played two of each. Stone Markins is out. He would add some experience and scoring. Points will again be precious in Albany this year.

Go Alex.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

It was a good weekend for the Buckeyes!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
bburner
Freshman Team

Post by bburner »

Nice win for NY. Vinton coming in Friday; a much different caliber of opponent than Huntington.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

bburner wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:41 pm Nice win for NY. Vinton coming in Friday; a much different caliber of opponent than Huntington.
NY has some athletes and a passionate new coach. This could be an upset in the making. VC has some injuries and still learning a new style. If they can shutdown Speakman and if Naylon Yates is still at 50 percent this is Possible.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

And I do believe VC hung a Hundred on NY last year. I smell Revenge in the Air...If I was NYs new coach I would make sure my Players get that refreshed in their mind.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

VisionQuest wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:27 pm
bburner wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:41 pm Nice win for NY. Vinton coming in Friday; a much different caliber of opponent than Huntington.
NY has some athletes and a passionate new coach. This could be an upset in the making. VC has some injuries and still learning a new style. If they can shutdown Speakman and if Naylon Yates is still at 50 percent this is Possible.
Could be a trap game early in the season for VC, as they play Logan on Saturday.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

The TVC-OHIO is still on the Skids...Wellston, Athens, Meigs all losers tonight. The lone winner is Alexander over Fed Hock.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

VisionQuest wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:26 pm The TVC-OHIO is still on the Skids...Wellston, Athens, Meigs all losers tonight. The lone winner is Alexander over Fed Hock.
With Southern beating Meigs, Miller beating Wellston ... Is the Hocking better top to bottom than the Ohio?

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

93Bulldog wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:28 pm
VisionQuest wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:26 pm The TVC-OHIO is still on the Skids...Wellston, Athens, Meigs all losers tonight. The lone winner is Alexander over Fed Hock.
With Southern beating Meigs, Miller beating Wellston ... Is the Hocking better top to bottom than the Ohio?
Looking that way...And if NY gets the upset over VC on Friday-(which I think is possible) Then all predictions for this upcoming season in the TVC-Ohio...Well you can just throw them out the door.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I watched VC at the preview with Naylan and Nevin in street cloths, I highly doubt they lose Friday. They are still a good team.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

93Bulldog wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:58 pm I watched VC at the preview with Naylan and Nevin in street cloths, I highly doubt they lose Friday. They are still a good team.
I'm looking for NY to be the "sleeper" team in the TVC-OHIO. New passionate Head Coach and a few athletes from the Regional Champion football team. I think they will surprise some Folks this year.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Even without the Yates brothers, I don't think the Vikings will have any issues on Friday. Their size inside to go with Speakman on the outside should be enough.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

The Buckeyes will be a lot better than most people think.
I'm not going to male to many predictions this year because its Coach Justus first year at Nelsonville-York, but I think he has this program going in the right direction.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Orange and Brown wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:43 am The Buckeyes will be a lot better than most people think.
I'm not going to male to many predictions this year because its Coach Justus first year at Nelsonville-York, but I think he has this program going in the right direction.
Should be entertaining this year. Everyone is pretty close except for Vinton

Return to “Boys Basketball”