Zane Trace @ Chillicothe 12/5/17

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Zane Trace @ Chillicothe 12/5/17

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Thoughts?
PFloyd has ZT #12 I believe and Chillicothe at #7. Nice top 15 matchup to open up the season for my Cavaliers.

This is Chilli's very first game so I expect very very sloppy play. Maybe out of both teams. I do not know anything about Zane Trace but I cant see this came being close. I will take Chillicothe by 14 but not a true indication of the game.

CAVS!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: Zane Trace @ Chillicothe 12/5/17

Post by danicalifornia »

ZT starts 3 sophomores and 2 seniors. 5'10, 6'3, 6'4, 6'6, and 6'6 and all are pretty athletic. They destroyed Circleville on Saturday night, but the Cavaliers are a whole different kind of beast. It will be a good test for the Pioneers to see just how improved they are from last season.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

wow sounds like they got some serious length. And they are pretty young! makes me stick more to my prediction but also makes me intrigued for ZT the next two years. Ol' Gary getting the best out as usual. Wish he was still at Chilli.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I just looked at the Arbiter Live site - says that the Freshmen Game for tomorrow is "cancelled" ? it was scheduled to start at 4:45 - is this true that it is cancelled and the first contest of the night will be the JV's at 6pm ? it looked like the ZT freshmen had their next 5 games or so cancelled ?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Zane Trace has cancelled their freshman season.

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Cavs by 15 if they play like they can !

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

danicalifornia wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:54 pm ZT starts 3 sophomores and 2 seniors. 5'10, 6'3, 6'4, 6'6, and 6'6 and all are pretty athletic. They destroyed Circleville on Saturday night, but the Cavaliers are a whole different kind of beast. It will be a good test for the Pioneers to see just how improved they are from last season.
What’s the names of those starters?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Evans, Davidson, Nesser are the sophomores, Odell and Beam are the seniors.

Fred Flintstone
Riding the Bench

Post by Fred Flintstone »

Zane Trace only has 17 kids in the program. Only three freshman.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Zane Trace 37
Chillicothe 52

Woof. Early December basketball. I expected this.
The Evans kid for ZT really impressed me. He led all scorers I believe, if not he was darn close.
The Noel kid for Chilli was better than I expected. Played hard and has a nice stroke. Branden Maughmer probably had his worst game I have seen him play. He will come around. Like I said, Early December basketball! So glad round ball is back!

CavsNation
Waterboy

Post by CavsNation »

Great win tonight for Cavalier Nation! Always good to get that first victory under your belt! Started off extremely slow and sloppy with turnovers but came out ready to play in the 2nd half! Wish we would have kept the foot on the pedal in the 2nd half and opened up the lead a little bit more but will take the W to start the season! Anybody have any information on #4 Jalen Jordan for Chillicothe? Don’t remember him from last year or year before and was confused as to why he was a starter or even in the rotation to be honest! He didn’t seem to bring anything to the floor?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Chillicothe 52
Zane Trace 37 a final

... An expected "feel your way" opening contest for the Cavs ... neither team could find the bottom of the net in the first 2 quarters - Coach Huffer's Cavs played D in the first half but the offense was sluggish to say the least ... ugly to say the most LOL ... CHS had but 3 fgs in the first half ... FTs 4/10 in the opening half ... 5 TOs ... the Pioneers were not much better even with tonight's game being ZTs 2nd out of the gates - 13 second qtr points - led by PG Cam Evan's 6 pts had ZT leading 17-14 at intermission ...

CHS came out with 1/2 court pressure which allowed the Cavs to get into the transition game (2 Trans fg in the 3rd) ... the Cavs were able to use their team quickness at both ends in the 2nd half forcing 9 ZT turnovers in the final 2 quarters ... Maughmer x 2, Roderick x 2 , Jalen Jordan, and the new man on the court for the Cavs Brandon Noel looked more in their element forcing the issue on D with the 1/2 court press ... trapping in the 1/2 court ... pushing the ball , opening up the offense , spreading the floor more and having better spacing - all of which allowed EVERYONE to get to the rim as Chillicothe ended up with 34 points in the paint on the evening to go with 10 points in the transition game ...

Pfloyd's Official "unofficial" Napkin Stats - Zane Trace

Scoring ...Cam Evans 14, Isaac Beam 11, Triton Davidson 7, Drew Rittenhouse 4, Gabe O'Dell 1
3 Pointers ... 0/2
FTs ... 11/16
TOs ... 17
PNP ... 26 points in the paint
Transition ... 2 points

Pfloyd's Official "unofficial" Napkin Stats - Chillicothe

Scoring ...Simon Roderick 12, Branden Maughmer 11, Will Roderick 11, Brandon Noel 8, Jayvon Maughmer 6, Jalen Jordan 3, Jason Benson 1
3 Pointers ... 4/14 ... Brandon Noel 1, Simon Roderick 1, Jayvon Maughmer 1, Jalen Jordan 1
FTs ........ 6/14
TOs ........ 11
PNP ....... 17fg/34 points in the paint
Transition Pts ... 10 points

... Cavs will go 8 deep this year ... newcomer Branden Noel is the real deal at 6-5 or 6-6 crashes the boards, can put it on the floor , shoots the three ball AND plays D - great addition ... Jayvon Maughmer is going to be a special player just like big brother Branden - good size, good handles, gets to the rim AND can shoot the triple ... TEAM defense is outstanding AND will get better ... FG shooting WILL improve ... FT shooting was ugly LOL ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... on a side note - it was great to see/chat with Coach K for Zane Trace before the game ... introduced myself to Coach Huffer of Chillicother as well ! Coach Huffer and his staff do an outstanding job with the Cavalier program ... best of luck to both TEAMS this season ... I'll see both TEAMS down the road for sure ...

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Love the rundown Pfloyd! I wish i would have known you were in attendance I would have introduced myself.
Glad to be back in the gym enjoying popcorn and skittles.

CavsNation
Waterboy

Post by CavsNation »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:14 am Love the rundown Pfloyd! I wish i would have known you were in attendance I would have introduced myself.
Glad to be back in the gym enjoying popcorn and skittles.
Although it’s not apart of the new diet, you can’t forget about the Chick fil a sandwiches that Chillicothe offers at their basketball games

cavsbkb
Riding the Bench

Post by cavsbkb »

CavsNation wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:48 pm Great win tonight for Cavalier Nation! Always good to get that first victory under your belt! Started off extremely slow and sloppy with turnovers but came out ready to play in the 2nd half! Wish we would have kept the foot on the pedal in the 2nd half and opened up the lead a little bit more but will take the W to start the season! Anybody have any information on #4 Jalen Jordan for Chillicothe? Don’t remember him from last year or year before and was confused as to why he was a starter or even in the rotation to be honest! He didn’t seem to bring anything to the floor?
I sure hope you had a chance to make the trip over to Miami Trace on Thursday! Maybe now you have a better underatanding of who #4 (Jordan) is and why he is starting right now... Infact as a sophmore he was the best player on our JV team! So if you do not know him you must be new to "cavaliernation"

CavsNation
Waterboy

Post by CavsNation »

cavsbkb wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:52 am
CavsNation wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:48 pm Great win tonight for Cavalier Nation! Always good to get that first victory under your belt! Started off extremely slow and sloppy with turnovers but came out ready to play in the 2nd half! Wish we would have kept the foot on the pedal in the 2nd half and opened up the lead a little bit more but will take the W to start the season! Anybody have any information on #4 Jalen Jordan for Chillicothe? Don’t remember him from last year or year before and was confused as to why he was a starter or even in the rotation to be honest! He didn’t seem to bring anything to the floor?
I sure hope you had a chance to make the trip over to Miami Trace on Thursday! Maybe now you have a better underatanding of who #4 (Jordan) is and why he is starting right now... Infact as a sophmore he was the best player on our JV team! So if you do not know him you must be new to "cavaliernation"

Wasn’t able to make it to the MT game! What where his stats for the game? And definitely not new to Cavalier Nation! Just know what I saw the game I went to and what I remember from the last couple of years and I don’t remember him at all?

cavsbkb
Riding the Bench

Post by cavsbkb »

CavsNation..the young man had 19pts! Most of those in first half. He big shot after big shot in first half. He played great defense and he put his team on his back in that first half!

There are definitely others who asked the same question about Jalen being in the starting lineup... Jalen worked his butt off in the summer to get better. He is a senior and was rewarded for the work he has put in..Traditionally coach huffer has played just 7 kids but this year will be different! By starting Jalen and allowing him to play significant mins his confidence is soaring right now and we need that if this team is going to be successful.

When the postage kid is allowed to play we should have a 9-man rotation which his huge for the Cavs!

Return to “Boys Basketball”