Logan @ Vinton County (12/9)

spartans_fan
Varsity

Re: Logan @ Vinton County (12/9)

Post by spartans_fan »

wow. really surprised by that score. glad i did not go out in this weather for that game.

I just have a feeling VC is going to turn this around and have a solid chance to win the TVC.

everyone be safe.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

WellstonLover wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:02 pm Can't wait to play Vinton County this year. It's been a long time coming. TVC is wide open with VC and athens both bad in the same season. Go rockets!
VC will be fine if Yates brothers come back soon. When they return they’ll be heavy favorites in every tvc game

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Went over to the game last night mainly to see a very good game . Game over half way thru 1st. Logan is solid for sure . VC offense non factor . They tried to run everything thru their PG and Logan did a stellar job of defending . VC may be missing Yates but I think they miss last years players more .Bartoe was a setup man last year . Right now TVC Ohio could be a crap shoot. Hope Yates is back soon. I will say Logan can shoot the ball and then turn around and and play tough "D". Good luck to both teams going forward. Lots of games yet to be played . Gotta love Ohio High School Basketball.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Great win for Logan.

It's a testament to VC and their program that - despite missing players and moving on from Bartoe - I still wouldn't have been at all surprised to see Logan go lose in McArthur. The Vikings have an excellent program, and hopefully Logan is emerging under Coach Rider as a legit threat.

From the first two games - my take is Logan will be a tough out - and should compete unless Landis gets in foul trouble and/or they run into an opponent with two or more "true" big bodies down on the block. Exciting times for the purple and white.

Two big rivalry games this week. Go Chiefs!

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

The Purple Gang are playing with confidence and they are focused . Not having a league could they have the attitude that every game is a league game . Great bunch of kids that enjoy playing Basketball . Coaching Staff doing great job . Stay focused and take one game at a time .Go Chiefs!!!!!

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Good luck to the B-ball Chiefs for a successful season. Sounds like a good year for this group. Get-er-done Chiefs!!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Everyone goes to the playoffs so not being in a league doesn't matter as much in basketball.
No rating or point system to worry about.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

noreply66 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:21 pm Everyone goes to the playoffs so not being in a league doesn't matter as much in basketball.
No rating or point system to worry about.
What matters is that you win enough games in the Central to host at least 1 tourney game and get a justified seeding . Logan gets little respect (or should I say has in the past) and does not get much love from the Central Coaches .

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

VC

Body 3
Speakman 12
Arbaugh 6
Waddlel 3
Arthur 1
Bartoe 2
Hamon 1