New Boston Glenwood Tigers

Mash Potato
Waterboy

Re: New Boston Glenwood Tigers

Post by Mash Potato »

Buckeye_storm wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:15 pm
Mash Potato wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:48 pm I feel like every school in the county has filed a complaint about this coach
Might be cause they are afraid of what he may build there.
No, bc he's done things illegally

JEEPNATION
Riding the Bench

Post by JEEPNATION »

Mash Potato wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:49 pm
Mash Potato wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:48 pm I feel like every school in the county has filed a complaint about this coach
the problem is he could do it at the biddy ball level where there was no repercussions but now he's dealing with people (coaches + admin) who are a lot smarter than him and aint gonna allow it! I do think he brings energy back to NB that's good, they've needed that for years. And they returned everyone from last year + Mead + Truitt so success of some sort was inevitable. But, if he truly did recruit this kid and/or others, and a kid loses his eligibility for it, then its an absolute shame the kid gets punished for an adult's action

seopcommenter
Riding the Bench
Location: i like to back my statemints up with historical factoids

Post by seopcommenter »

dont punish kid for adult actions

joan of ark wouldnt have been burnt at the steak if they had look at the real isshoe and that was charlimaign

this kid is the motern day joan of ark in my opinon

Jeeps22
Waterboy

Post by Jeeps22 »

JEEPNATION wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:52 pm
Mash Potato wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:49 pm

the problem is he could do it at the biddy ball level where there was no repercussions but now he's dealing with people (coaches + admin) who are a lot smarter than him and aint gonna allow it! I do think he brings energy back to NB that's good, they've needed that for years. And they returned everyone from last year + Mead + Truitt so success of some sort was inevitable. But, if he truly did recruit this kid and/or others, and a kid loses his eligibility for it, then its an absolute shame the kid gets punished for an adult's action
So are you saying he recruited for South Webster all those years he was out there. That's why the girls program is were it's at? Cause that's the only place I know where he coached at in biddy ball.

seopcommenter
Riding the Bench
Location: i like to back my statemints up with historical factoids

Post by seopcommenter »

sounds like manfred man wrote his most famous song about the storm of buckeyes

u our rapped like duece for sure

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

Afraid? Is this seriously your answer? Afraid of what? New Boston actually having a decent team that begins competing and winning?

Or afraid their kids are being sent text messages from another coach attempting to pursuade them into coming to New Boston?

As I have said before, do not tell me he hasn't. I know 100% that he has and the OHSAA knows as well.

Truth Serum
Riding the Bench

Post by Truth Serum »

It is a shame the player has to pay for this nonsense !

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

New Boston Glenwood 63
Clay 60

New Boston led at all stops, 17-14,34-33,46-45 and the final 63-60. In the second half the score was either tied or changed hands many times. The Tigers move to 4-1 overall and 4-0 in conference play. Tomorrow, the Tigers make the long trip to Whiteoak to play the Wildcats.

Clay won the reserve game 68-9.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

New Boston Glenwood 68
Whiteoak 52

The Glenwood Tigers took the road trip to Mowrystown in Highland Co. tonight to meet the Whiteoak Wildcats and came away with the win. The Tigers record their fifth straight win and are now 5-1 overall and 4-0 in conference. New Boston hosts two games this week, starting on Tuesday the 19th with the Green Bobcats and on Friday the 22nd the Eastern Eagles come to town. Keep up the good work Tigers!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Nice team. Looked very good 6 deep and appeared to have a nice looking player not dressing. Everyone well conditioned. Tall kid pretty athletic and when plays in control a nice player. #4 took care of the 4th...16 ft in the 4th? Lol

A nice D4 team. I think a D4 team that is disciplined and has a couple outside shooters can beat them. I would guess them the upper 1/4th of SE D4.

They’ll need to avoid foul trouble with their lack of depth but that can certainly be done.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Jeeps22
Waterboy

Post by Jeeps22 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:36 am
Buckeye_storm wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:34 am
bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:23 am

Mead, and Sexton hasn't been for a few years. The question you should be worried about is the information js7 posted below, because I've heard the same thing.

Like I said I know most of the facts, but let's not forget that this is a 15 year old kid that loves the game. That is being held out for going back to his home school in which district he lives in is very sad.
Be that as it may, the seed was planted in the spring/summer when he was attending another school and Mr. Cox approached him and recruited him as well as other kids enrolled at another school. Word got back to the superintendent and documentation was made. A kid then enrolls a couple months later - looks bad doesn't it? Home school or not, the seed was planted months before so do we blame the KID or the ADULT?

I hate that a kid is sitting out, I really do because I'm not sure the kid is at fault here. But, I do applaud the OHSAA for actually looking into the matter considering there ARE rules against recruiting and typically all we hear is kids moving freely and nothing ever comes of it. Rules are rules, and sometimes it's good for the law makers (OHSAA in this case) to look into a matter. But for the kids sake, I do wish they'd make a judgment on the issue ASAP so the kid can begin playing.
Sexton has been ruled eligible!!!!

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

New Boston Glenwood 88
Green 79

New Boston improves to 6-1 and 6-0 in conference with the win over Green tonight. It was the Tigers sixth straight victory. Green led after 1 at 19-17. The Tigers took the lead for good shortly after that, leading at the half 40-29, and after 3 it was the Tigers 62-51. NB welcomes the Eastern Pike Eagles on Friday the 22nd. New Boston and Eastern are currently tied for first in the league. Good Luck Tigers!

Green JV won 52-20.

Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

Buckeye_storm wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:11 pm
Buckeye_storm wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:34 am
Like I said I know most of the facts, but let's not forget that this is a 15 year old kid that loves the game. That is being held out for going back to his home school in which district he lives in is very sad.
Be that as it may, the seed was planted in the spring/summer when he was attending another school and Mr. Cox approached him and recruited him as well as other kids enrolled at another school. Word got back to the superintendent and documentation was made. A kid then enrolls a couple months later - looks bad doesn't it? Home school or not, the seed was planted months before so do we blame the KID or the ADULT?

I hate that a kid is sitting out, I really do because I'm not sure the kid is at fault here. But, I do applaud the OHSAA for actually looking into the matter considering there ARE rules against recruiting and typically all we hear is kids moving freely and nothing ever comes of it. Rules are rules, and sometimes it's good for the law makers (OHSAA in this case) to look into a matter. But for the kids sake, I do wish they'd make a judgment on the issue ASAP so the kid can begin playing.
Coach Cox has been suspended two games and put on one year probation, do you know what two games he will sit out ,thinking you should know

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Is this suspension from the OHSAA? If so then they found some form of recruiting involved. So the claim that there is “a lot of misinformation” was a little premature in this case.

dontreply
Freshman Team

Post by dontreply »

Noitall wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:04 am
Buckeye_storm wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:11 pm

Coach Cox has been suspended two games and put on one year probation, do you know what two games he will sit out ,thinking you should know
I hear four games?

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Not a bad tradeoff with only a 2-4 game suspension for the coach, but the coach/school receiving 4 years from a player like Sexton. Just the cost of doing business.*

Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

Sounds like a good trade to me.
I thought sexton was a sophomore? But still .

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Can we now move on and talk basketball ON the court ? the Tigers have opened the season at 6-1 , their best start in many years ... players cleared to play, players coming back from injuries ... life ON the court looks even more bright for Tiger Nation ... BIG game vs Eastern Pike tonight @ the Tiger Den ...

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Eastern Pike 59
New Boston Glenwood 54

The Eagles and the Tigers went at it tonight at NB with first place in the conference at stake. Eastern escaped with a 59-54 victory. The Eagles led after one at 16-12 and at the half 30-20. New Boston rallied in the third to tie at 44-44. Eastern improves to 6-2 on the year and 6-0 in league play. The Tigers drop to 6-2 and 6-1 in conference. Next up for the Tigers is a home game with South Webster on Saturday the 30th. Eastern next is at the Pike County Holiday Tournament.

The JV game was Eastern 50 New Boston 23.

Return to “Boys Basketball”