New Boston Glenwood Tigers

a_c_m
SEOPS H

New Boston Glenwood Tigers

Post by a_c_m »

New Boston 60
Western Pike 43

Congratulations to Coach Cox and his Tigers winning the home opener! NB led 18-15 after 1, 31-21 at the half, 42-27 after 3 and the final 60-43. The Tigers have Symmes Valley away this Friday the 8th. NB improved to 1-1 overall and 1-0 in conference. The Tigers lost the season opener at Northwest last Friday by 6.

B-ball-fan
Riding the Bench

Re: New Boston Glenwood Tigers

Post by B-ball-fan »

New Boston has some talent on that team. I watched at Northwest. I believe they have a couple kids either hurt or sitting that will help them. They are not deep though and Northwest just leaned on them a little towards the end.

In youth we learn. In age we understand.
Vike73
Riding the Bench

Post by Vike73 »

Symmes handles business Friday. What's going on with Western?

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Vike73 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:10 pm Symmes handles business Friday. What's going on with Western?
New Boston Glenwood 65
Symmes Valley 56

The Glenwood Tigers went to Symmes Valley tonight and came away with the victory. The win moves the Tigers to 2-1 overall and 2-0 in conference.
Next week the Tigers have three games, starting with hosting the East Tartans on Tuesday the 12th, at Clay on Friday the 15th to tangle with the Panthers and travel up to Highland County to meet the Whiteoak Wildcats on Saturday the 16th. Congrats!

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Is this the most wins the tigers have had in a season for a while?

Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

Tartanblue wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:43 pm Is this the most wins the tigers have had in a season for a while?
Yes, and its going to keep going ,come out Tuesday and watch it grow.

JEEPNATION
Riding the Bench

Post by JEEPNATION »

Is the Mead kid eligible yet? What about the Sexton kid?

If not, New Boston will be much better once they’re cleared.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Noitall wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:46 am
Tartanblue wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:43 pm Is this the most wins the tigers have had in a season for a while?
I was just wondering, doubt I make it Tuesday. Cox is a good coach and knows how to turn programs around, look what he done at Notre Dame.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

New Boston Glenwood 75
East 65

The Tigers and Tartans played before a full house tonight with the Tigers pulling out the win. East led after 1 at 19-16, at the half 35-29. NB took the lead after 3 at 49-48 and the final 75-65. New Boston is 3-0 in conference play and 3-1overall. Next up for the Tigers is a game at Clay on Friday the 15th and at Whiteoak on Saturday the 16th.

East won the JV game 53-22.

ronm001
Freshman Team

Post by ronm001 »

Vike73 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:10 pm Symmes handles business Friday. What's going on with Western?
Tanner Perdue left and went to Piketon Western has not much left

Vike73
Riding the Bench

Post by Vike73 »

Tartanblue wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:14 pm
I was just wondering, doubt I make it Tuesday. Cox is a good coach and knows how to turn programs around, look what he done at Notre Dame.
What did he do at Notre Dame?

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

From the sounds of things he knows how to bring in kinds from the surrounding area

JEEPNATION
Riding the Bench

Post by JEEPNATION »

bleed_blue wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:59 pm

From the sounds of things he knows how to bring in kinds from the surrounding area
He's been known for that for a decade! I'd say it's only just begun at New Boston, they may turn into the Scioto County All-Stars before it's all said and done.

Jeeps22
Waterboy

Post by Jeeps22 »

A kid went back to the school district in which he lives in. One of the best coaches in this area, knows how to get everything out of his kids. Plus wants to win!!!!!

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Vike73 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:56 pm

What did he do at Notre Dame?
I'm wondering the same thing. I seem to remember Mader as the guy who came in ND and turned it around.*

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

“One of the best coaches in the area” ..... Wow!! That is a heck of a statement. I think we better wait for a couple years and see what happens before we throw that claim out there.

Only person that would make that claim after 4 games is a family member or somebody directly connected to the coach. Yes ... he has recruited a few new kids into the program but let’s wait a few years before we make him one of the best.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... LOTS of "misinformation" about the current New Boston coach, the players, the program he is starting to build at Glenwood High School ... living in a small town (as most of Southern Ohio knows) in order to have a "good" "competitive" team in any sport you have to have bodies - kids who WANT to work hard, to work as a TEAM, to be willing to be coached/taught the game ... in a small school there has to be "buy in " by ALL involved including the community ... Coach Cox has begun to build ALL of that at NB again - yes AGAIN ... when I attended Glenwood HS back in the day '70-74 it was a time of GREAT PRIDE in community, in the schools ... as a teenager you had "parents" so it seemed were all over the city, you couldn't do anything wrong LOL - your parents knew you did "it" BEFORE you got home ! or you were stopped from making a bad choice by the extended parents in your block LOL ... NB had outstanding sports teams - on the gridiron, on the court , on the baseball diamond and the track ! - kids wanted to represent Glenwood HS , the community of New Boston ... somewhere along the way the values changed ... today with the soccer program in NB, and now on the basketball courts the PRIDE is coming back through the efforts of Coach Cox, the community of NB, the families IN New Boston ... kids are coming out for sports AGAIN, kids are AGAIN willing to be taught the game, kids are taking pride in family, school , community AGAIN ... THAT is what small town Ohio IS about ... I for one am glad to hear of the efforts of the New Boston community, the school system AND the individuals - including coaches who are leading the way for kids who need the structure , who need to feel good about themselves, their school, their community, and yes their efforts on the fields/courts of competition ... when I was growing up in New Boston there were signs at the city limits - "Tiger Pride is City Wide" ... it's good to see that there are adults and now the kids & families who want to bring THAT back to a small river town in Southern Ohio ... I wish Coach Cox & the community of New Boston nothing but the best ... when a school, a community is viewed in a positive light by those who used to live there or who live there but for whatever reason go elsewhere to play sports & school because elsewhere looked like greener pastures - those people will once again start looking at home , at NB for education, sports, community ... keep up the good work Coach Cox ...

Jeeps22
Waterboy

Post by Jeeps22 »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:08 pm “One of the best coaches in the area” ..... Wow!! That is a heck of a statement. I think we better wait for a couple years and see what happens before we throw that claim out there.

Only person that would make that claim after 4 games is a family member or somebody directly connected to the coach. Yes ... he has recruited a few new kids into the program but let’s wait a few years before we make him one of the best.
He recruited nobody, all those kid are New Boston boys beside Mead which has been there for maybe two years. Name one that's not from New Boston.

captaintrojan
Waterboy

Post by captaintrojan »

Yes Mader is the one that turned ND around not Cox. Cox didn't win no more games then Rick Hopkins won at ND. In all honesty, NB should be winning this year. They have their whole team back and these kids have been playing varsity since they were Freshman. Cox does have the community support and the kids are playing hard. Growing up, NB was always at the top of the SOC. This is not the first time Cox has been accused of recruiting. Now since the OHSAA has changed their rules that allow high school coaches to coach AAU and since he did/does coach AAU, I wonder how many kids will now come to NB from the area?

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

I was wondering the same thing about Cox at Notre Dame... I guess Mader had very little to do with capturing an SOC and Regional appearance.

Cox sounds like he may be a decent coach, but a head case if you ask me. Anyone who goes out on the floor and flexes to the crowd and tells them to stand up and cheer during the game/timeout has some maturing to do.

We'll see how his text messages to kids from other schools attempting to get them to come to NB to play basketball pans out... just saying. And please, do not tell me it isn't true, get your facts/information straight.

Return to “Boys Basketball”