SEOPS Hippo

Re: Jackson at Gallia Academy

Post by Ironman92 »

Gallia up 59-42

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

whsball wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:57 pm Zone? M2M? Turnovers?
Jackson almost always plays man to man

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Gallia Academy 61
Jackson 48 final...

Number 12 for Jackson lead them in scoring with like 15.
Peck had 22 or 24 for gallia

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Both teams physical man to man all night long

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Turning point in game was early 3rd quarter Blue Devils went to peck like 4 straight possessions. Refs let them play physical both ends all night long peck’s kind of game. During those 4 or 5 possessions or around that time Jackson took 3 questionable 3’s over Loveday guarding on the perimeter. Loveday touched none of them but all 3 I think were air balls.. this took a 2 or 3 Point game to like 11 in a hurry.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Jackson is going to win a lot of games this year.. they have a solid club.. they just didn’t make Blue Devils commit enough mistakes tonight.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Here is my takeaway on bluedevils from tonight.
1. Part of pecks punishment must of been physical conditioning. Foundation game was maybe 2 weeks ago and he maybe looked 10 pounds lighter tonight.. secondly Peck showed some maturity tonight which is more then I can say for a couple of his teammates. And finally on Peck if blue devils play a lot of games where they allow physical play Peck will be hard to stop.
2. Blue devils got in a ton of foul trouble last year trying to play tight defense and going for steals. That reputation is beginning to pay off and now they are getting benefit of doubt.. Blue devils I think have been known as a soft team for awhile and a easy way to dominate them has been to get really physical with them.. this years team is ready to be physical and play that style.. probably most shocked by thng was I thought athletes on court tonight was close.. recently that has been happening he in jackson’s Favor.
3. Call needs to get back to his game get the ball if the guy guards you hard take him to hole. If he backs off hit that mid range 10 to 15 foot jumper that you shoot as well as or better tgenvanyone in this area and the 3’s will come.
4. This team has depth and all the pieces to very good.

Now for the bad. Blue Devils you are a very good team you are going to win a lot of games but let’s do it with some class. I understand everyone talks a little snack during course of play.. but don’t continue to run your mouth during dead ball situations... you looked stupid tonight make sure we’re proud of you all the time.. I won’t mention any names all I will say is tonight Peck was not guilty of it all for maybe the first time ever.

River runner
Waterboy

Post by River runner »

Game started out slow for the Devils I thought. When Peck came in it for sure changed. He was dominant to say the least he had 24 and I think Loveday with another solid effort of 16 and several blocks and a bunch of altered shots. Zach had a coupe of 3s and a nice put back dunk. Wiseman pretty solid game and Blouir getting better each game. Jackson hung tough and is fundamentally pretty solid. They will win several games I think. Looked like both teams had no injuries.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Jackson didn’t play that many kids I wonder if tonight wasn’t second of back to back no get games if they would not of tried some more ball pressure.. that was probably the biggest surprise for me tonight.

bballfan
Waterboy

Post by bballfan »

svac83 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:40 pm Here is my takeaway on bluedevils from tonight.
1. Part of pecks punishment must of been physical conditioning. Foundation game was maybe 2 weeks ago and he maybe looked 10 pounds lighter tonight.. secondly Peck showed some maturity tonight which is more then I can say for a couple of his teammates. And finally on Peck if blue devils play a lot of games where they allow physical play Peck will be hard to stop.
2. Blue devils got in a ton of foul trouble last year trying to play tight defense and going for steals. That reputation is beginning to pay off and now they are getting benefit of doubt.. Blue devils I think have been known as a soft team for awhile and a easy way to dominate them has been to get really physical with them.. this years team is ready to be physical and play that style.. probably most shocked by thng was I thought athletes on court tonight was close.. recently that has been happening he in jackson’s Favor.
3. Call needs to get back to his game get the ball if the guy guards you hard take him to hole. If he backs off hit that mid range 10 to 15 foot jumper that you shoot as well as or better tgenvanyone in this area and the 3’s will come.
4. This team has depth and all the pieces to very good.

Now for the bad. Blue Devils you are a very good team you are going to win a lot of games but let’s do it with some class. I understand everyone talks a little snack during course of play.. but don’t continue to run your mouth during dead ball situations... you looked stupid tonight make sure we’re proud of you all the time.. I won’t mention any names all I will say is tonight Peck was not guilty of it all for maybe the first time ever.
Haha! That's called a rivalry! Maybe you should pick which side of the fence you want to be on. The Blue Devils play hard and agressive. How bout you commend their effort for once instead of finding the bad out of a 15 point victory

River runner
Waterboy

Post by River runner »

Very seldom do you blow a rival out. Jackson had a pretty good game plan moving the ball slowing it down a little but in the second half they got away from that a little then had to get away from it. Game was played pretty clean no real hard fouls a few flops here in there just like most games. At times I think the Blue Devils give up too many easy buckets but in the past they would hang their heads and maybe make another mistake seems like now they get the ball down the court and come back at you and score. I think they are getting more and more confidence and with Peck back they have a chance to be really good. By the way great crowd one of the biggest I’ve seen in a while. Jackson brought a fantastic crowd. Fun game everyone got their monies worth.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

River runner wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:00 am Very seldom do you blow a rival out. Jackson had a pretty good game plan moving the ball slowing it down a little but in the second half they got away from that a little then had to get away from it. Game was played pretty clean no real hard fouls a few flops here in there just like most games. At times I think the Blue Devils give up too many easy buckets but in the past they would hang their heads and maybe make another mistake seems like now they get the ball down the court and come back at you and score. I think they are getting more and more confidence and with Peck back they have a chance to be really good. By the way great crowd one of the biggest I’ve seen in a while. Jackson brought a fantastic crowd. Fun game everyone got their monies worth.
Agreed. I thought it was a well played ballgame.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

My biggest thing is the Blue Devils play a good schedule.. everyone knows fairland is really good. Portsmouth seems to be hugely improved. Ironton plays a style that will be similar to last night. Coal grove has everyone back. We are not going to be 30 points better then everyone but fairland.

To me last night showed me one of the huge improvements in this team last year and for a few years is that in a game like this when they got up 8 or 10 they would take a possession or 2 off or took bad shots on offensive end. And it would be back down to 3 or 4 points. This team keeps its foot on pedal and keeps concentration up. It has only been 3 games but seems to me like this years team is going to show up every night which will give them a chance every night..

We haven’t seen them on road yet so still plent to find out but I am now more confident that maybe 18 wins possible.. looking forward to rock hill and ironton next week for first road test.

River runner
Waterboy

Post by River runner »

Jackson controlled the tempo of that game the first half I don’t think we adjusted until the second half which turned out good but you won’t always be able to wait against better teams. Coal Grove will be very scrappy Ironton always physical Portsmouth always has athletes and play hard South Point has really good guard play and you will have to guard. Rock Hill is down and Chesapeake will play hard and of course there is Fairland they right now are in a class by themselves until someone proves otherwise. What I’m saying is no game in the league will be a easy win. It’s fun to see excitement back at GAHS basketball

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Was a good game to watch, both stands pretty well filled up and people standing at the mezzanine rails. I know both teams in different leagues now but there was still a very real rivalry feel to the game, and as a fan I enjoyed that.

Jackson kept it close through mid 3rd quarter but at end of day Peck really controlled the offensive end for Gallia and Loveday's presence on defensive end caused a lot of altered shots for Jackson. Great effort by Jackson on back to back nights playing.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Big win for the blue keep it rolling !

Padrino_Azul ☠️
Waterboy

Post by Padrino_Azul ☠️ »

Really impressed with the Henry kid, really plays hard . Is he related to the Henry who played a couple years ago? The younger one comes to play every night .

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Every young man on the team plays a big part !

Return to “Boys Basketball”