Washington CH @ Chillicothe

goblue1395
Freshman Team

Washington CH @ Chillicothe

Post by goblue1395 »

Thoughts on this matchup? Washington will be without their best on-ball defender in Sophomore Miguel O'Flaherty as he is battling a shoulder injury. They are a very young team as their varsity roster consists of 4 Juniors and 6 sophomores. Best players are Steward and Upthegrove who can both shoot the lights out of the ball. I believe WCH hit 12 threes against Hillsboro and 10 threes against Circleville. If Chillicothe has a legitimate inside threat, it could be a long night for the young Blue Lions team as Mycroft from Hillsboro scored 29 pts in their game Friday. If not, I'm expecting a shootout. 75-68 Chillicothe

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Re: Washington CH @ Chillicothe

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Sophomore transfer Noel is 6'7" and adds nice length. he is not a true big but he plays very very hard. they may try to use him downlow more if WCH is that small. He crashes well and can also knock down the three ball. He is a hustler.
Outside of him both Rodericks are about 6'2" 6'3" but they can leap! Also crash the boards well and hover around the rim.

WCH has a bright future with their young roster. I look for chilli to win by 8-13.

goblue1395
Freshman Team

Post by goblue1395 »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:24 am Sophomore transfer Noel is 6'7" and adds nice length. he is not a true big but he plays very very hard. they may try to use him downlow more if WCH is that small. He crashes well and can also knock down the three ball. He is a hustler.
Outside of him both Rodericks are about 6'2" 6'3" but they can leap! Also crash the boards well and hover around the rim.

WCH has a bright future with their young roster. I look for chilli to win by 8-13.
WCH has a 6'4" sophomore but he isn't strong enough to guard in the post. Probably dont have anyone that could defend the Noel kid underneath one on one. The guard play of WCH with Steward and Upthegrove is solid and those two will be a tough matchup for most teams. I've heard that the future is bright in Chilli as well. Have heard that Jayvon looks like he will be better than Branden which is scary. Sounds like the sophomore class is gonna be special with Maughmer, Noel, and the Beard kid.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

goblue1395 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:17 am
CavalierAlum05 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:24 am Sophomore transfer Noel is 6'7" and adds nice length. he is not a true big but he plays very very hard. they may try to use him downlow more if WCH is that small. He crashes well and can also knock down the three ball. He is a hustler.

WCH has a 6'4" sophomore but he isn't strong enough to guard in the post. Probably dont have anyone that could defend the Noel kid underneath one on one. The guard play of WCH with Steward and Upthegrove is solid and those two will be a tough matchup for most teams. I've heard that the future is bright in Chilli as well. Have heard that Jayvon looks like he will be better than Branden which is scary. Sounds like the sophomore class is gonna be special with Maughmer, Noel, and the Beard kid.

The Noel kid isn't very physically strong, he's more long and lanky. He's from my area (Scioto County) and I've seen him over the years, he's probably more of a 3-4 man than a 5 -- so the sophomore big would be fine defending him in the post.

Noel is solid, though. And he's practicing/playing against better competition every day now that he's at Chillicothe so he will continue to improve. If I'm not mistaken, he's projected to be upwards towards 7 feet tall -- and that's not surprising seeing how young he looks in the face.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I do have one question though for the Chillicothe faithful.. I know Chilli bumped back up to D1 for this year and next year, but what's the chances they drop back down to D2 for Noel's senior year?

Chillicothe would be a tremendous D2 Se Ohio team, which could potentially even make noise in the Regionals.. but when they go to the Central District for the D1 tournament - the Pickerington's, Reynoldsburgs, Newark's, etc - would make Chillicothe a subpar team compared to those colossal giants.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:26 am I do have one question though for the Chillicothe faithful.. I know Chilli bumped back up to D1 for this year and next year, but what's the chances they drop back down to D2 for Noel's senior year?

Chillicothe would be a tremendous D2 Se Ohio team, which could potentially even make noise in the Regionals.. but when they go to the Central District for the D1 tournament - the Pickerington's, Reynoldsburgs, Newark's, etc - would make Chillicothe a subpar team compared to those colossal giants.
DaniC knows enrollment numbers pretty well. Hopefully he reads this.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Eh, it's not great. I don't see a breakdown of boys and girls, but they have some big classes coming soon. In fact, their junior class is the smallest class that they currently have within the entire school system.

Obviously, there could be a big imbalance between male/female population in the school (I want to say that ZT currently has that in one of their grades) and that could bring them back down to D2, but it doesn't look really good for that right now. They would be an awesome D2 in our region, especially when those sophomores are seniors.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

gonna be a good one tonight

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

WCH 48
Chilli 67

Up tempo game at times. Branden Maughmer is coming into form. Had a solid night. Little brother hit 3 threes i believe.
you do not want to try and speed up these Cavs! They love to run.

jumphigh
Varsity

Post by jumphigh »

Huffer and the Cavs typically get off to a slow start early in the season and tend to play better as the season progresses. However this season they seem to be in mid-season form early. I hope that is a good sign for the team and the coach.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

jumphigh wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:44 am Huffer and the Cavs typically get off to a slow start early in the season and tend to play better as the season progresses. However this season they seem to be in mid-season form early. I hope that is a good sign for the team and the coach.
Very true assessment of Huffer. We start 5 seniors this year though so I think that may have something to do with it.
They look solid. Excited to see how we fair against better competition.

Return to “Boys Basketball”