Waverly @ Lucasville Valley 12-15-17

Omega
SEOPS H

Waverly @ Lucasville Valley 12-15-17

Post by Omega »

Both teams struggling so far but Waverly is looking for their fourth win on the season and to go over .500 in the SOC2. I believe Valley may be winless on the young season. Thoughts please.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
JEEPNATION
Riding the Bench

Re: Waverly @ Lucasville Valley 12-15-17

Post by JEEPNATION »

Valley is way down! I knew they'd struggle this year without Noel but not this bad. I originally predicted 3 wins but I'm not sure they can even get to that point.

Waverly 61
Valley 33

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Waverly is already over .500 in the SOC2. The are 2-1 with wins over Northwest and Webster and a loss at Oak Hill. Should handle Valley ok although we tend to play at the level of our competition. Starting out 5-1 is not a bad thing with Wheelersburg and Minford the next week and then a huge potential showdown looming with Piketon in the Holiday Classic. Let's keep it rolling Tigers!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Ukfanatic wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:19 pm Waverly is already over .500 in the SOC2. The are 2-1 with wins over Northwest and Webster and a loss at Oak Hill. Should handle Valley ok although we tend to play at the level of our competition. Starting out 5-1 is not a bad thing with Wheelersburg and Minford the next week and then a huge potential showdown looming with Piketon in the Holiday Classic. Let's keep it rolling Tigers!
Ya, 2-1 in league play so far.
Tigers aren’t playing good enough yet to take anyone for granted. 4-1 is where they should be but it hasn’t been easy. I think it’s as simple as shooting better. Howell turned it on in the 4th quarter last night but Tigers need more guys hitting the bottom of the net. FT’s were still a problem last night going 10-20, most of those in the 4th.
Hopefully Remington will be good to go, not 100% but able to play. He brings something to the team no one else can.
Of course, Tigers have to run run run run run.

Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

The problem seems to be that no one want to be the one to put the ball up in transition. Travis on the post game show summed it up when he said last year from the time we took possession to shooting the ball was averaging 10 sec. This year it is averaging 20 sec. He was not happy with that number. Also heard today that 30 minutes of practice will be dedicated to free throws.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

I agree with smurray. "We aren't playing good enough to take anyone for granted". Perhaps it's a matter of confidence. We really need someone or a couple of guys to get hot and look to score. Clayton did have a nice 4th quarter. Cade really made our team go last season. Hopefully we'll get things going soon. And as others have stated, we've got to hit way better from the foul line to win many games.

On the positive side as Travis stated, we'll found a way to win three of the first four even though we aren't playing up to our potential yet. These kids are playing hard and finding a way to win! Hopefully the shots start falling.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Ukfanatic wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:19 pm Waverly is already over .500 in the SOC2. The are 2-1 with wins over Northwest and Webster and a loss at Oak Hill. Should handle Valley ok although we tend to play at the level of our competition. Starting out 5-1 is not a bad thing with Wheelersburg and Minford the next week and then a huge potential showdown looming with Piketon in the Holiday Classic. Let's keep it rolling Tigers!

My old brain still puts South Webster in the old Tri County League of the 1960's.

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Lol! Omega, I completely understand! It's all good!

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Omega wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:51 pm

My old brain still puts South Webster in the old Tri County League of the 1960's.
Tri-county was one of my favorite leagues. Many great games thru the years. Great coaches, great schools,great rivalries, great times.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Hoopie74 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:37 pm
Omega wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:51 pm

Tri-county was one of my favorite leagues. Many great games thru the years. Great coaches, great schools,great rivalries, great times.
Can anyone remember the double elimination "play in" tournaments among Clay, Green, and South Webster to qualify for the class a sectionals? Late 50's, very early 60's at Portsmouth's hallowed Grant Gym?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly 59
Valley 44

Return to “Boys Basketball”