Re: Gallia Academy @ fairland 12/19

Post by noreply66 »

Lock him up :lol:

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

At home last year if I remember correctly blue devils jumped out to a 6 or 8 Point lead and the first quarter the game was tied or fairland up 2. But peck and Howell traded baskets in the 1st quarter. Then the trash talk got worse and peck could not keep up with Howell’s out put he got frustrated and into foul trouble. At fairland last year it seems to me like it was like 15 to 2 fairland before everyone got set down.

In both those games Blue devils had loose guard play. If you don’t think fairland is going to force blue devils turnovers you are nuts. We just can’t give them any freebies. Because they are going to give you very few.

Blue devils have some experienced players but very few with much experience in big games. Fairland plays a much tougher schedule then we do plus all those extra tournament games they have had the last 2 years. I can’t even tell you last time the Blue devils beat anyone besides Jackson in the post season.

The thing that bugs me about blue devil defense is we get a lot of off the ball help that makes are defense awfully good. But that leads to several easy baskets when we leave our man to early. If we play that way tommorow when our backside guys come help fairland will cut to basket and have a field day. So we must play a lot more straight up. That is why I won’t be shocked if we dont see a little zone not a lot but a little tommorow night.

Even though peck did not play a lot of minutes against ironton if we can have that peck who is looking to distribute first shoot second that will make us very dynamic.

The one thing we will see fairland do against us that no one else will do most of the year is fairland will go true man on us. They will not double team Zack or Peck most of the time. They have that much confidence in there abilities.
I like what I see out of our blue devils. But the teams we have played so far are 8-19 and Jackson a team that doesn’t match up with well at all has 5 of those wins. I look for a great effort and I think game will be good. Hopefully blue devils pull it out. Don’t see any of that as excuses if fairland whips is. They are going to whip us because they are that good.

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

Another detail pertaining to last seasons matchups between Fairland and Gallia Academy. The 1st game (Jan 13) Van Horn didn't play due to injury. The 2nd game (Feb 10) Van Horn just returned from injury.

Enough talk, it's time to play.
Follow score updates at https://scorestream.com/game/fairland-vs-gallia-1542891 or the scorestream app.

Post by Dandy Don »

SEO Game of the Week

Fairland by 8.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Good Luck GAHS !

BigBlue85
Waterboy

Post by BigBlue85 »

First real test for the Blue Devils as the first 5 teams have proven so far to be pretty weak teams. I still think the Devils have the talent and the ability to make this an interesting game. Sticking to my original prediction of an OT affair with fairland winning 63-59
But enjoy this one bc the Blue just may be ready to pick Fairland off in Gallipolis!

Padrino_Azul ☠️
Waterboy

Post by Padrino_Azul ☠️ »

Go Blue! Chance to make a statement tonight . Good luck and play hard .

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Go Blue!!

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Heard through a good friend that there should be several college coaches/staffs in attendance tonight. Exciting to see some OVC schools getting some attention.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I only question the idea of college coaches being there tonight by the sign that i just watched a bunch of stories over whole college basketball scandals and about 50 coaches said about 98% of recruiting is done over summer now for basketball. But this would be a light week and some teams have probably given kids a couple of days off so they may very well be out. i have no idea.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

svac83 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:15 pm I only question the idea of college coaches being there tonight by the sign that i just watched a bunch of stories over whole college basketball scandals and about 50 coaches said about 98% of recruiting is done over summer now for basketball. But this would be a light week and some teams have probably given kids a couple of days off so they may very well be out. i have no idea.
Coaches do most of their recruiting and scouting in the spring/summer, but it still means a lot to a recruit to see one of their coaches in the crowd. I know when Paint Valley's Dylan Swingle was a sophomore that Ohio State, Xavier, and West Virginia routinely sent assistants down to watch his games and Higgins showed up a couple of times as well.

It wouldn't surprise me if a few assistants were out tonight, especially since there isn't a whole lot of college basketball being played this week. Of course, Ohio State plays tonight, so they won't be in attendance.

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

donaldtrump wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:31 pm This game won't matter even if loveday has a great game. Luke The DUKE of Lawrence County will light it up from the 3 point line. Howell will neutralize Peck and Mr. Rip van winkle Vanhorn will awaken and neutralize Loveday! You'll see fire and fury coming from the dragons! It will be a really beautiful win!!!!
" i'm Donald Trump and I approve this message"
This all sounds great but what happens if Gallia grabs Fairland by the P$$#@

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

danicalifornia wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:26 pm
svac83 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:15 pm I only question the idea of college coaches being there tonight by the sign that i just watched a bunch of stories over whole college basketball scandals and about 50 coaches said about 98% of recruiting is done over summer now for basketball. But this would be a light week and some teams have probably given kids a couple of days off so they may very well be out. i have no idea.
Coaches do most of their recruiting and scouting in the spring/summer, but it still means a lot to a recruit to see one of their coaches in the crowd. I know when Paint Valley's Dylan Swingle was a sophomore that Ohio State, Xavier, and West Virginia routinely sent assistants down to watch his games and Higgins showed up a couple of times as well.

It wouldn't surprise me if a few assistants were out tonight, especially since there isn't a whole lot of college basketball being played this week. Of course, Ohio State plays tonight, so they won't be in attendance.
When Griffin Lutz from Athens was being recruited by Marietta College, the Head Coach from Marietta was At Several Games last year.

Oak4ever
Waterboy

Post by Oak4ever »

Will this be broadcasted on the radio? If so what station

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

Fonzie wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:22 am Heard through a good friend that there should be several college coaches/staffs in attendance tonight. Exciting to see some OVC schools getting some attention.
who are they looking at?

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Blue devils missing blain carter again tonight so will not be deep on front line

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Fairland (37) - (12) Gallia Academy - end of 1st

Fairland (52) - (27) Gallia Academy - at the half
Howell (Fairland) 16pts
Thomas (Fairland) 20pts

Post by Geronimo »