SE

Gallia Academy @ fairland 12/19

Post by svac83 »

What does everyone think?

River runner
Waterboy

Re: Gallia Academy @ fairland 12/19

Post by River runner »

IMO for Gallipolis to win this game they have to first beat Fairland pressing and not have turnovers , they won’t be able to dribble through it and will have to make quick passes and move. They are going to have to put their bodies on their man and box out not just turn and go to the basket. That to me will mean Peck and Loveday has to play a lot of minutes together. The Devils have played pretty good defense so far but Fairland is unlike any team they have faced this year. They can not have a slow start or get far behind or it will be a long night. If the Devils believe they can win and don’t back down they have a chance to pull a upset in Lawrence county. Both teams I think will be ready

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I’ll guess 73-50

seopcommenter
Riding the Bench
Location: i like to back my statemints up with historical factoids

Post by seopcommenter »

dragons aint scared of nothing exspecialy a bunch of devils, even seven foot tall devils

fair land wins by twentynine

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

To me flat out talent wise I give fairland a minimal edge not as big as a lot of people would think. Where the difference comes is in experience this is really the 3rd year this fairland team has played together. They understand how to play in big games and make every possession valuable.. this is something the Blue devils struggle with.

So to me this game is a lot on the mental side for the Blue Devils. They must value every possession and give fairland no free ones. Don’t worry about the few turnovers fairland is going to force worry about not giving them extra ones. The second way this is mental for the Gallia kids is Howell from fairland grew up with a lot of these boys. Especially Peck he needs to keep this just about a game and not get into the jawing with fairland unless he can do it without effecting his game. Same for other Blue devil players.

Besides that the devils just need to play. Will it be good enough I don’t know. But it will be darn good if they do and that will lead to a great game. And will give them the opportunity to lead them to a great season.

To me the win here is not nearly as important as showing that they understand are capable of playing the game at the next level. They can play the way they play and beat poor to average team. Time to prove they can play with the intesity of a great team.

Looking forward to Tuesday night in proctorville

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

^^^^^^^^^^^
Good post, spot on.

ovcfan12
Riding the Bench

Post by ovcfan12 »

Just my opinion as a OVC fan not really one team or the other. I think Gallia is looking at this game like their Super Bowl when Fairland it’s just another game. I mean when you are 31-0 in conference last 3 years hard to blame them. Playing Huntington High and top teams in the country after Gallia May help Gallia bc Fairland could over look them but I could see Fairland not overlooking them bc of the hype our area is giving Gallia. Just my thought. Hope to see a great game

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

This might not be a big game to fairland as a team but to a lot of individuals on this team. On a player level the smack has been going on for a while. Not saying it is a big game for them but it is a game that they want to wax the floor with the blue devils. And they take a little extra personal pride when they do it to the devils.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

They are still just teenage boys full of emotion, I would say.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

GalliaGrad78 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:05 pm They are still just teenage boys full of emotion, I would say.
Agree 100%

Omaha09
Waterboy

Post by Omaha09 »

Dragons by 30+

Hornetz_Fan32
Freshman Team

Post by Hornetz_Fan32 »

From what I heard about the Fairland game last night that this team is not even close to last years team. And he said they are definitely beatable. So if gallipolis is on I can see the Devils winning this one.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Jmo ! This game is big for both teams ,But it's early into the season ,The Coaches will have to control the pace and keep there players heads in the game / Standing room only ! Big time game ,who will step up for the Blue ? Good luck GAHS. I know all the Howells family wise he will want to put on a show !Most from Bidwell .

BigBlue85
Waterboy

Post by BigBlue85 »

I don't disagree that Fairland has an edge in experience but only slightly. Remember that several of these Gallia kids have been playing varsity for 2-3 years as well. Maybe not as much as the Fairland kids but only slightly less. I hate to build in excuses ahead of time just in case we would lose this game. This Gallia team is a special team and seem to have a chip on their shoulders. Don't count them out before the game. I'm looking for a very competitive game in Proctorville. So on with my worthless prediction lol

Gallia 59
Fairland 63 in OT

BigBlue85
Waterboy

Post by BigBlue85 »

I also think the emotions will be high for this one. As far as Howell goes I think its the opposite here. He seems to have trouble against Gallia more than the Gallia kids have against him. I don't have the stats to back that up though. I may be totally wrong here too

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

BigBlue85 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:21 am I also think the emotions will be high for this one. As far as Howell goes I think its the opposite here. He seems to have trouble against Gallia more than the Gallia kids have against him. I don't have the stats to back that up though. I may be totally wrong here too
Last season
Jan 13 @ GAHS
Fairland (75) - (48) Gallia Academy
Howell (Fairland) 19pts

Feb 10 @ FHS
Fairland (88) - (53) Gallia Academy
Howell (Fairland) 22pts

Post by HamPorter »

This thread is fun. Maybe Gallia makes it competitive, but I just don't see it, especially on the road. Give me the Dragons all night long.

GAHSBB#1fan
Riding the Bench

Post by GAHSBB#1fan »

I think this game against Fairland all depends on how well Loveday plays if Loveday can keep out of foul trouble can control the boards block shots and intimidate shots we will have a chance to stay in the game and keep it close, but if he get in foul trouble it could be a long night. I think our guard play will hold its own against Fairland we just need to play poised and under control. Win or lose the Devils will find out a lot about their Basketball team. The Blue Devils are still inproving every game and I think their chance to be Fairland will come at home, but anything can happen I'm still not counting them out tomorrow night this is a talented bunch of kids but still learning. I don't think tomorrow night we shouldn't go more that eight players deep using subs just to keep players fresh by rotating the guards and even giving Loveday a quick breather now and then.

River runner
Waterboy

Post by River runner »

This will be a big test for the Devils and show what needs worked on. To me we must win the battle of 50/50 loose balls and can not turn the ball over We need to get a good quality shot each time down and have to rebound. The Blue is starting to believe and trust each other. Peck and Zach have to have a lot of time on the court together to be more competitive. Probably can’t go real deep against Fairland. Would love to see Wiseman have a game that he is capable of. What’s probably gone unnoticed is the Devils defense they seem to be having fun playing D and have a lot of pride in it. Haven’t faced a guard like Howell this year or a big man like Vanhorn Should be a fun game

donaldtrump
Freshman Team

Post by donaldtrump »

This game won't matter even if loveday has a great game. Luke The DUKE of Lawrence County will light it up from the 3 point line. Howell will neutralize Peck and Mr. Rip van winkle Vanhorn will awaken and neutralize Loveday! You'll see fire and fury coming from the dragons! It will be a really beautiful win!!!!
" i'm Donald Trump and I approve this message"

Return to “Boys Basketball”