Athens Bulldogs 2017-2018

VisionQuest
All State

Re: Athens Bulldogs 2017-2018

Post by VisionQuest »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:12 am
VisionQuest wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:54 am Oh Barlow how you love to Embellish and TROLL. Funny how you hid under a rock when the Big Bad Blue the number 2 seed got taken out by a young man named Young and Logan Elm a number 6 seed. You rear your ugly head once again talking of things you nothing about. At least you keep things Laughable when you talk Non-Sense.
Embellish? We can pull the past threads out if you'd like. And typical jealous fan, takes pleasure in someone else doing what your team isn't capable of! Coach Stiverson does a great job! Man has proven he can coach! What have you guys proven? That you can win one more game with a healthy star than you did when he missed half a year.
Anything can be taken out of context especially on this Forum. But one thing is obvious is your new found love for Stiverson. He took down Big Bad Blue and Almighty Maddox and now you are on his Bandwagon. Athens beat him and Young last year if you care to Recall. Go hide back under that Rock.

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Teams mentioned in this thread are good programs and on a given night can compete with each other. Good coaches , good players and lots of history that makes good post . D2 Southeast is a competitive District . Last year if Warren and LE played 10 times Warren would have had the upper hand. Again Young had one of those unbelievable games or Warren would have won . I was there and many share that thought . Tough district this year . Good luck to all and if your team slips stay strong and have fun.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

VisionQuest wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:49 am
thebarlowbandit wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:12 am
VisionQuest wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:54 am Oh Barlow how you love to Embellish and TROLL. Funny how you hid under a rock when the Big Bad Blue the number 2 seed got taken out by a young man named Young and Logan Elm a number 6 seed. You rear your ugly head once again talking of things you nothing about. At least you keep things Laughable when you talk Non-Sense.
Embellish? We can pull the past threads out if you'd like. And typical jealous fan, takes pleasure in someone else doing what your team isn't capable of! Coach Stiverson does a great job! Man has proven he can coach! What have you guys proven? That you can win one more game with a healthy star than you did when he missed half a year.
Anything can be taken out of context especially on this Forum. But one thing is obvious is your new found love for Stiverson. He took down Big Bad Blue and Almighty Maddox and now you are on his Bandwagon. Athens beat him and Young last year if you care to Recall. Go hide back under that Rock.
I've always respected Coach Stiverson, and you can't find me one post in my history on this site where I've ever mentioned him in a negative way. And had the outcome of that game would have been to my liking, I'd still have as much respect for him. So nice try in painting me as a bandwagon fan of teams.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Last year you are downgrading the younger Cozart saying his shooting will be like a Scud Missile and this year you are saying he will be All State for sure?? I want to know which is it?? Did you finally realize the top caliber player he is...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Tracy & Mickey were teammates, but im pretty sure they shared the floor. Tracy was a PG, I think Mickey was a swingman/guard type. I'll have to ask, but im pretty sure he wasnt his backup anything.

ShoeHorn
JV Team

Post by ShoeHorn »

93Bulldog wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:57 pm Tracy & Mickey were teammates, but im pretty sure they shared the floor. Tracy was a PG, I think Mickey was a swingman/guard type. I'll have to ask, but im pretty sure he wasnt his backup anything.
Starting 5 was Bobo, Cozart, Shuford, Summerfield and Watson. Deaver and Martinez came off the bench. 7 man senior rotation in the '90/'91 season.

TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

ShoeHorn wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:25 pm
93Bulldog wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:57 pm Tracy & Mickey were teammates, but im pretty sure they shared the floor. Tracy was a PG, I think Mickey was a swingman/guard type. I'll have to ask, but im pretty sure he wasnt his backup anything.
Starting 5 was Bobo, Cozart, Shuford, Summerfield and Watson. Deaver and Martinez came off the bench. 7 man senior rotation in the '90/'91 season.
Was a high scoring team. Got upset in the tournament by a stalling Belpre squad.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Defense

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

VisionQuest wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:21 pm Last year you are downgrading the younger Cozart saying his shooting will be like a Scud Missile and this year you are saying he will be All State for sure?? I want to know which is it?? Did you finally realize the top caliber player he is...
Vision , he 's been baiting you . Trying to prop you up and hoping to kick the chair out from under you . Athens has some nice players and Warren will have some nice players . To early to say anyone will be District let alone all State . To be All District and All State a team must be successful and the players must have very good stats and be put in by someone of knowledge.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Truth&fiction wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:08 pm
VisionQuest wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:21 pm Last year you are downgrading the younger Cozart saying his shooting will be like a Scud Missile and this year you are saying he will be All State for sure?? I want to know which is it?? Did you finally realize the top caliber player he is...
Vision , he 's been baiting you . Trying to prop you up and hoping to kick the chair out from under you . Athens has some nice players and Warren will have some nice players . To early to say anyone will be District let alone all State . To be All District and All State a team must be successful and the players must have very good stats and be put in by someone of knowledge.
Well it's easy to sit in your mothers basement hiding behind a keyboard eating Doritos and bashing these Kids and Coaches. He has a certain "Disdain" for an Athens family-Just have to wonder why. I don't think we will hear much from him as Warren rebuilds the next few years. Probably hear Excuses or he will rear his ugly head if Athens or their Coaches makes a mistake in Season. He will be ready to Pounce cause that's what Trolls do.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Raider6309 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:10 pm Image
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Barlow is trying to be like Paladin

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Raider6309 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:21 pm Barlow is trying to be like Paladin
I'm sorry, I missed that huge improvement last year, what was there a 1 game improvement over the following year. But in all seriousness, I believe Cozart will average 20ppg+ and will make a run at All-State. He will get plenty of minutes and will have to carry that team.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Id rather see 7 guys avg about 10ppg

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Cozart should get plenty of opportunity to score . He will no doubt have the green light from HIS COACH . That could be a plus or minus . I like the IDEA of balance scoring also . Will tune in about March 1st and see how this goes .

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

93Bulldog wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:59 am Id rather see 7 guys avg about 10ppg
I would bet money that this is what you will see Bulldog...Athens is gonna surprise a lot of people. There are players who are under the radar that many people know nothing about-December 1st and on it will become clear what this team will be capable of. It's just the Beginning. Mark my words.

runningrebs
Waterboy

Post by runningrebs »

Lot of Athens posts. I read where former Athens players Parker Stewart and Ibi Watson will have big years at top schools.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Any updates, news out of Bulldog camp?

Everyone playing?

Any injuries?

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

93Bulldog wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:09 am Any updates, news out of Bulldog camp?

Everyone playing?

Any injuries?
From what I hear everyone is Back. No significant injuries that I have heard of. 1st practice/tryouts are TODAY. The Athens bench looks to be real deep. Even more so than last year. A lot of pieces to this Puzzle. Excited to see who will step up to "try and fill" the shoes of Griffin Lutz. Big shoes to Fill. IMO It has to be a TEAM effort this year. Teams will look to Key in on Cozart and other players HAVE to step up to take the Pressure off of Him. Opening game is less than a Month away at Gallia Academy- a Tough team with some proven players in Justin Peck, Justin McClelland and 7 Footer Zach Loveday a Sophomore who is already getting offers from Division 1 Programs. Several good Scrimmages are on the itinerary over the next Month to get Ready. The Annual Preview I believe will be the day after Thanksgiving to Showcase Local teams. Good Luck to The Bulldogs-today is Officially Basketball Season and it's time to Get To Work.

Return to “Boys Basketball”