JV Team

Re: D3 Southeast Sectional!!!

Post by Pa Trojan »

If Burg loses to Oak Hill I predict Eastern to get the number 2

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Redsfan wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:33 am Wheelersburg plays Oak Hill At Burg Tuesday Feb. 6. If they lose that would mean 2 of their losses would be to the #1 seed, and to D2 Waverly. Who has Eastern lost to?
It isn’t easy to find out scores on Eastern. lol! Their school’s website isn’t updated with scores. What I could find is they lost to Oak Hill, Africentric and Ripley so far. Eastern beat Waverly at Waverly.

Redsfan
Freshman Team

Post by Redsfan »

Thanks for the info. It should be interesting. Wheelersburg has to play Waverly again on Friday.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I agree on many of the comments so far. If Wheelersburg and Eastern have the same record going into the tournament I see Eastern Pike getting the #2 seed.

While both Wheelersburg and Eastern would have 3 losses against very good teams (Eastern losses to Ripley, Oak Hill, and Africentric --- Wheelersburg to Waverly, Oak Hill, and I'm assuming Oak Hill again) they then would use common opponents. As previously stated, Eastern won AT Waverly, Wheelersburg did not.

If Wheelersburg can send a message to Waverly this Friday at home then that could also alter things.

Assuming things play out as I stated I would go along the lines of:

1.) Oak Hill
2.) Eastern Pike
3.) Wheelersburg
4.) Wellston
5.) Alexander
6.) South Point
7.) Minford
8.) Chesapeake
9.) Nelsonville-York
10.) Crooksville
11.) Ironton
12.) Meigs
13.) River Valley
14.) Rock Hill

South Point could be a dangerous #6 due to their strength of schedule and having Fox.

Nelsonville York has athletes to compete but they're too undisciplined.

Crooksville is always a wild card because nobody in this area seems to know what they have - and they do play a tough schedule.

Ironton would be a dangerous 10-12 seed with their schedule, but they can't seem to put any wins together.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

Ironton simply doesn’t have it this year. They really struggle to score

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Last night’s result could have a big impact in the D-III tournament. Meigs beating Wellston could effect Wellston’s seeding in tournament. I would think it also elevates Meigs seed.

Also with Wheelersburg beating Waverly at home, does that give Wheelersburg the edge at the 2 seed with only 2 losses. I said earlier in this post that if they only had 2 losses they deserve the 2 seed. The #4-#8 seeds are wide open.

Championship07
Riding the Bench

Post by Championship07 »

This sectional is a total mess outside of Oak Hill in my opinion. Oak Hill obviously has the 1 locked up. 2 and 3 are between Burg and Eastern Pike clearly. Burg plays the tougher schedule and is more deserving of the 2 but Eastern May end up with a better record which some people vote off of. 4-10 is a disaster and someone will ultimately get shafted. I truly feel the OVC is leaps and bounds better than the TVC but will it be voted that way? Alexander probably ends up the 4 seed but does Wellston at 10/11 wins get the 5 over South point with 9-10 record potentially or Minford with around the same as SP in the SOC. Meigs is beginning to creep their way up the listing as well with the win over Wellston. Crooksville is a total wild card that not many know much about but have similar records to Ironton, Peake, NY and RV. My honest opinion is that River Valley is the worst team in the sectional. Rock Hill only has one win yes but look at their scores and read some of the articles in the ironton tribune they are by no means getting manhandled by even the big dogs of the OVC.

My Prediction on how it will be voted upon:
1 Oak Hill
2 Wheelersburg
3 Eastern Pike
4 Alexander
5 Wellston
6 South Point
7 Minford
8 Meigs
9 Crooksville
10 Ironton
11 Nelsonville-York
12 Chesapeake
13 River Valley
14 Rock Hill

How I feel it should fall based upon my assumption and research on the teams:
1 Oak Hill
2 Burg
3 Eastern Pike
4 Alexander
5 South Point
6 Minford
7 Meigs
8 Wellston
9 Ironton
10 Chesapeake
11 Crooksville
12 Rock Hill
13 Nelsonville-York
14 River Valley

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

While I think the middle seeds in this sectional are probably more talented than the low seeds, I think you still wouldn't want to face an Ironton, Crooksville, or Chesapeake in your first round matchup. Crooksville is always a wild card and the other 2 are coached by guys who really know how to win Coke tournament time.

I'll be interested in seeing how the 2/3 turns out, but I think Burg gets it since Eastern plays a lot of D4 schools.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

danicalifornia wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:45 am While I think the middle seeds in this sectional are probably more talented than the low seeds, I think you still wouldn't want to face an Ironton, Crooksville, or Chesapeake in your first round matchup. Crooksville is always a wild card and the other 2 are coached by guys who really know how to win Coke tournament time.

I'll be interested in seeing how the 2/3 turns out, but I think Burg gets it since Eastern plays a lot of D4 schools.
Coke is better than Pepsi

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:57 am
danicalifornia wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:45 am While I think the middle seeds in this sectional are probably more talented than the low seeds, I think you still wouldn't want to face an Ironton, Crooksville, or Chesapeake in your first round matchup. Crooksville is always a wild card and the other 2 are coached by guys who really know how to win Coke tournament time.

Coke is better than Pepsi
I could make a 1,000 word argument about your reply. It would break down bottled, canned, and fountain. Let me know if you want that lol

Wburgfan
Waterboy

Post by Wburgfan »

tvc_fan wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:38 am Thought I'd throw together the current standings of the seedlings.

Oak Hill-------14-0
Eastern Pike----13-3
Wheelersburgh----11-2
Wellston-------10-5
Alexander------8-6
South Point------7-7
Minford--------6-9
Crooksville------5-9
Chesapeake ------5-10
Nelsonville-York-----5-10
Meigs -------4-11
River Valley -------4-12
Ironton -------3-12
Rock Hill -----0-10

I'd say it's anyone's race for #4

**Updated Jan. 29th***

1) OAK HILL

8) CROOKSVILL
9) CHESAPEAKE

3) WHEELERSBURGH
14) ROCK HILL

6) SOUTH POINT
11) MEIGS

4) WELLSTON
13) IRONTON

5) ALEXANDER
12) RIVER VALLEY

7) MINFORD
10)NELSONVILLE-YORK

2) EASTERN PIKE
It is spelled Wheelersburg not Wheelersburgh

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

UPDATED FEB 5TH

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:13 am
Redsfan wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:33 am Wheelersburg plays Oak Hill At Burg Tuesday Feb. 6. If they lose that would mean 2 of their losses would be to the #1 seed, and to D2 Waverly. Who has Eastern lost to?

It isn’t easy to find out scores on Eastern. lol! Their school’s website isn’t updated with scores. What I could find is they lost to Oak Hill, Africentric and Ripley so far. Eastern beat Waverly at Waverly.
SoutheasternOhioPreps is best place to find Eastern scores😀

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Uh, so is this thing muddied up now that Burg pounded the Oaks? I know neither game was close, but I think Burg definitely is at least the 2 seed now.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I think you’re right. Oak Hill and Burg are the 1/2 seeds and arguments can be made each way. Burg has 2 losses to D2 schools and a split with the Oaks. Burg avenging 2 of their losses with their opponents shows improvement through the season. We’ll see how the votes fall out soon.

Championship07
Riding the Bench

Post by Championship07 »

Believe Burg is firmly the 2 seed after thumping Oak Hill. Played a tougher schedule than Eastern Pike and beat the number 1 seed handily who lost to OH opening night pretty bad.

Believe the lower part of this draw is totally up for grabs outside of RH being 14. Not much difference in teams 7-13 in my opinion.

Another question is do teams put into consideration Wellston’s collapse without Simpson the past couple weeks. They’ve now been beat by Burg by 40 and Athens by 50 this season. Could they fall out of the top 5? How long is Simpson out?

caldwellbasketball
JV Team

Post by caldwellbasketball »

A little information on Crooksville. They have 7 wins, only 3 in the MVL, but they play everyone tough. They lost two tight ones with D2 Sheridan (15-3) that could have gone either way. They beat an 11 win D2 Maysville squad who thumped Vinton County by 20. We scrimmaged them this year, they're almost all sophomores and juniors, really athletic, can shoot the ball and have a solid big, big kid. Not someone anyone should want to see in a sectional, particularly as a low seed

Return to “Boys Basketball”