Post by Chieftain2009 »

Logan 53
Athens 28

End 3rd

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Re: Logan @ Athens (1/6)

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Looks like Athens has a major discipline problem.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Logan beats the Pups.

Logan 68
Athens 37

Chiefs move to 9-0. Face a good Teays Valley team on Tuesday with a chance to tie the best start in school history.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

4 technical fouls in the game, 3 of them on Athens. There was a double tech with about 2 minutes left.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

loganlocos wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:49 pm Logan beats the Pups.

Logan 68
Athens 37

Chiefs move to 9-0. Face a good Teays Valley team on Tuesday with a chance to tie the best start in school history.
Athens didn't average 10 points a quarter

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
SEFan
JV Team

Post by SEFan »

This was a blowout from the start. Logan is on a roll and looking strong!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:50 pm 4 technical fouls in the game, 3 of them on Athens. There was a double tech with about 2 minutes left.
This is an ongoing and building problem. Starts with the parents and their parenting, and unfortunately, falls on the coaches to control and end. I will leave it at that.

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Athens has twice as many technicals in just over a month - than Joe Burrows class/team had in all four years combined.

I don't even know what to say. I think I said enough on the Wellston thread.

One word I didn't use though was embarrassing, but it's getting to that point.

Realist
Freshman Team

Post by Realist »

Not sure if this specifically applies to Athens, but I’ve noticed in the last 10 years or so that more of our student athletes have become spoiled. Mommy (sometimes Daddy, but mostly Mommy) is in the stands just going on and on about her baby boy or girl. I hear it all the time. It just get worse every year. These kids think they can do no wrong and think there are no repercussions for their actions. It’s really sad. There is very little accountability. Parents CONSTANTLY bail their kids out of trouble.. they’ve got to let little Johnny or Susie fall sometimes so they know how to handle adversity when they face it. Sounds like these Athens players have not handled much adversity and that’s why they’re acting out.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Good points.

I think it shows how impressive Norm and Howie and a few others are and the job they do. I mean, can you imagine an Oak Hill player throwing a ball and getting a T? My goodness, Norm would go bizerk. And if the parent tried to intervene, he'd probably have them banned from his gym. Lol

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Athens wasn't planning on a year like this. Seems like they have talent but game after games just too many things going wrong. Even when they have won it has been a struggle. Some of the kids get mad at themselves and it just might get to a point where they start blaming others. When everything blows up the players blow up. They might need to have a meeting where everything need to be put on the table and then start all over like it is game one. They will be going into the tournaments and it isn't too late to start over.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Have to play as a TEAM. Logan does this well. They pass the ball. They find the open man. They run plays, they play Defense. The stars are Myers and Landis both will play College Ball and while the team revolves around them they don't act bigger than the team and that's what makes Logan special and makes them Special as players.

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:50 pm 4 technical fouls in the game, 3 of them on Athens. There was a double tech with about 2 minutes left.
That's the first technical that I can remember in the last couple years . Called on a JV player that had just checked in . Not sure the reason but I bet Coaching staff will find out . Keep things going Chiefs . Big matchup Tuesday at Teays Valley. Prepare one game at a time and stay focused.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

danicalifornia wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:20 pm Athens' ability to score in the post could make a big dent in the scoreboard and if they can get Landis in foul trouble, could open things up even bigger. Still, I think Logan gets a fairly easy win to move to 9-0.
Seriously Dani???? Did you see the score of any of their games??? They can not stop or defend any post player. Every post in SE Ohio loves to play against them.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:25 pm Yeah, they said they have no trainer over break. They also had no police. I would think they would have told Athens so Athens would bring their trainer. That’s a lawsuit waiting to happen in Wellston
When Warren played at Athens, you guys had no police, so do not be so quick to jump on that horse and ride it.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Isn’t this exactly what 93 has been talking about????? This goes 100% on parents and coaches, behavior is an expectation.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

There was a lot of frustration from the Athens players who just getting out hustled and played. And it showed. Some of fans that were sitting close to me were not helping Athens cause. Yelling at the refs in front of us. Telling them to call it fair. Then when fouls were called they were yell to let them play.

AT THE RESERVATION
thebarlowbandit
All State

Realist wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:25 pm Not sure if this specifically applies to Athens, but I’ve noticed in the last 10 years or so that more of our student athletes have become spoiled. Mommy (sometimes Daddy, but mostly Mommy) is in the stands just going on and on about her baby boy or girl. I hear it all the time. It just get worse every year. These kids think they can do no wrong and think there are no repercussions for their actions. It’s really sad. There is very little accountability. Parents CONSTANTLY bail their kids out of trouble.. they’ve got to let little Johnny or Susie fall sometimes so they know how to handle adversity when they face it. Sounds like these Athens players have not handled much adversity and that’s why they’re acting out.
Sorry, wat h a good program and tell me how many you see, or how many you see repeat the mistakes of others. Blaine, Stiverson, Wolfe, Barrack, Pearson, Davis, they would never have that stuff happen, regardless of the parents.

Return to “Boys Basketball”