Possible POY in TVC

bburner
Freshman Team

Re: Possible POY in TVC

Post by bburner »

VisionQuest wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:13 pm
bburner wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:37 am
therealNY wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:37 am I still don't know how anyone can put Maxfield ahead of Chubb. After seeing them both play for a while, Chubb is def the better player and has MUCH more college potential.....plus he just turned 16, so a young junior, couple that with his all around court awareness, basketball knowledge, strength, etc. - the kid is impressive. If anything, co-mvp with Yate or Speakman.
Chubb doesn't have the #'s for POY consideration. Or 1st team all tvc for that matter. Maxfield for eg scored 20+ vs Alex the other night and was all over the court - I think Chub pitched w/ 6 ( not sure ). Chubb is a 3 pt shooter - Maxfield an all around player. That said - he is a very good player though.
You are a Nelsonville-York guy-Correct?
Do you recognize these Stat lines?
11 points, 12 rebounds and 5 Blocks
13 points. 11 rebounds 7 assists and 3 steals
That's what Eli Chubb put up against your Buckeyes
This year.
His best game of the Year against RV with 25 points 10 rebounds and 6 3s. He has several games with double digits points and rebounds. So before you make these statements do some Research. I have access to the Athens Messenger and watch Channel 15 so I know the Stat Lines and have watched these boys several years.
Bottom Line with Chubb is that he isn't a "Flashy" player, he is a Blue Collar player and he works hard for his TEAM every night. You mention the Alex game but what you don't realize is he maybe took 5 shots the whole game with one real good open 3, he does what is best for his team and is not a Selfish player, he only scored 6 but he had 7 hard earned rebounds. Most generally he is guarded by the opponents best defender and a few times this year Faceguarded. I know I told people I was on a Sabbatical from SEOPREPS, but I feel I have a good insight on these players and have watched them all for years. And even though I know the numbers Chubb has consistently put up all season, I still give the Edge to Maxfield because of his Energy and hustle.
Oh, good Lord.....help us next year!

bburner
Freshman Team

Post by bburner »

& by the way I'm also an Athens fan, Logan fan a Chubb fan, a Maxfield fan, Speakman...........& yes I saw the Alex game & I get it. POY is a selfish award. Its selfish of us to to award so much time to to it. Eli is that type of player. Thanks for pointing that out. Now, go start a thread about the best rebounder / assist guy & defender while your at it.

therealNY
Freshman Team

Post by therealNY »

Wow, 10 pages. Lol

If you ain't first, you're last!
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

therealNY wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:58 pm Wow, 10 pages. Lol
Front and back

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

bburner wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:02 pm & by the way I'm also an Athens fan, Logan fan a Chubb fan, a Maxfield fan, Speakman...........& yes I saw the Alex game & I get it. POY is a selfish award. Its selfish of us to to award so much time to to it. Eli is that type of player. Thanks for pointing that out. Now, go start a thread about the best rebounder / assist guy & defender while your at it.
Just please do some research on actual statistics before you throw out blanket statements. Bottom line you made the statements about a player without doing any research on actual statistics and what they have done all season. By the way Aren't you a "rebound" guy?? and believe it's more than PPG?? Practice what you preach.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

therealNY wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:58 pm Wow, 10 pages. Lol
You started it!!! :mrgreen:

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

When do they announce this POY thing anyway and the all tvc selections?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Not until the last TVC team has been eliminated.

Allthewayup11
Freshman Team

Post by Allthewayup11 »

So there still could be some impact through the playoffs for the coaches vote. That’s great to hear and especially with Friday nights game, I am sure will bring some clarity. As all three essentially mentioned in this thread are deserving.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Allthewayup11 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:40 pm So there still could be some impact through the playoffs for the coaches vote. That’s great to hear and especially with Friday nights game, I am sure will bring some clarity. As all three essentially mentioned in this thread are deserving.
Have they not already decided?....just don’t announce?

Allthewayup11
Freshman Team

Post by Allthewayup11 »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:44 pm
Allthewayup11 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:40 pm So there still could be some impact through the playoffs for the coaches vote. That’s great to hear and especially with Friday nights game, I am sure will bring some clarity. As all three essentially mentioned in this thread are deserving.
Not sure. I was just going off what I thought I read above. Be nice if it was after Friday nights game. I’m sure their would answer some questions for coaches. Again we have some great players in the TVC all around.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:44 pm
Yes

Tournament has no baring on awards

Allthewayup11
Freshman Team

Post by Allthewayup11 »

Voting is next Sunday btw. I just heard on a podcast.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Burg won a state playoff football championship and I can't remember any poster (parent) discussing (lobbying) for who was going to be SOC POY lol. Great thread topic to have but whoa some people are invested in this more than just a normal discussion.

I wonder if what we read on here is what some kids hear at the dinner table?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Abe Froman wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:15 am Burg won a state playoff football championship and I can't remember any poster (parent) discussing (lobbying) for who was going to be SOC POY lol. Great thread topic to have but whoa some people are invested in this more than just a normal discussion.

The Sausage King is right.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

There is probably two pages actually discussing the main topic. The rest is a bunch of nonsense.

bburner
Freshman Team

Post by bburner »

VisionQuest wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:27 pm
bburner wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:02 pm & by the way I'm also an Athens fan, Logan fan a Chubb fan, a Maxfield fan, Speakman...........& yes I saw the Alex game & I get it. POY is a selfish award. Its selfish of us to to award so much time to to it. Eli is that type of player. Thanks for pointing that out. Now, go start a thread about the best rebounder / assist guy & defender while your at it.
Just please do some research on actual statistics before you throw out blanket statements. Bottom line you made the statements about a player without doing any research on actual statistics and what they have done all season. By the way Aren't you a "rebound" guy?? and believe it's more than PPG?? Practice what you preach.
I'll be sure to OK it through the "Censorship Commitee" next time.

therealNY
Freshman Team

Post by therealNY »

93Bulldog wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:58 am There is probably two pages actually discussing the main topic. The rest is a bunch of nonsense.
True. ESP when they mention good radio announcers :) :)

If you ain't first, you're last!
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Abe Froman wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:15 am Burg won a state playoff football championship and I can't remember any poster (parent) discussing (lobbying) for who was going to be SOC POY lol. Great thread topic to have but whoa some people are invested in this more than just a normal discussion.

Every Burg thread is a train wreck. I couldn’t imagine Burg vs Athens in football or basketball. That would be 20 pages

Reckon96
Waterboy

Post by Reckon96 »

There you have it. Speakman and Yates outplayed Chubb and Maxfield. The POY should be between Speakman and Yates. Chubb played pretty well tonight and Maxfield had about a quiet 15.

Return to “Boys Basketball”