JV Team

Re: Possible POY in TVC

Post by Fletchlives »

Do bad none of you have a vote lol

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

Just curious I wonder if anyone knows how many Vinton County players have won this award over the last 15 years? Seems like someone from VC wins or is in the running every year.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

My question is and I doubt it, But if Yates and Speakmen are both both in the running, could that maybe make each one play a little more individual wise to try to get it. I figure they are team first, but inside of them both it personally might affect whether they make that pass or not.

I have seen Speakmen one time and he was impressive, Seen spurts where he played out of control, but he was all over the place, I was impressed. I had never seen him before in previous years, was he a transfer? or was Bartoe and them overshadowing him in VC.

It really is hard to judge for a POY this early, many things could happen. What happens if one has to miss many games?

I think VC needs both of them, because when Yates was injured. VC was struggling to get Wins.

Looking forward to when VC comes to Meigs and see if having all Meigs players healthy makes a difference.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

tvc_fan wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:04 pm My question is and I doubt it, But if Yates and Speakmen are both both in the running, could that maybe make each one play a little more individual wise to try to get it. I figure they are team first, but inside of them both it personally might affect whether they make that pass or not.

I have seen Speakmen one time and he was impressive, Seen spurts where he played out of control, but he was all over the place, I was impressed. I had never seen him before in previous years, was he a transfer? or was Bartoe and them overshadowing him in VC.

It really is hard to judge for a POY this early, many things could happen. What happens if one has to miss many games?

I think VC needs both of them, because when Yates was injured. VC was struggling to get Wins.

Looking forward to when VC comes to Meigs and see if having all Meigs players healthy makes a difference.
Speakman was on the team last year and from VC

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

tvc_fan wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:04 pm My question is and I doubt it, But if Yates and Speakmen are both both in the running, could that maybe make each one play a little more individual wise to try to get it. I figure they are team first, but inside of them both it personally might affect whether they make that pass or not.

I got to thinking .......With Yates out VC struggled . If it was reversed and Speakman was out would they have struggled ? Will they still struggle at times with Both. Some good games coming up so we will see .

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Look at the game against Nelsonville York, Speakman had to score 40 just to get them to OT without Yates. To me, that shows how incredibly valuable both of them are to the Vikings success, especially if they happen to roll the Buckeyes in their next meeting.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

2009 - Greg Frost (Alex)
2010 - Corey Butcher (Athens)
2011 - Jack Hart (Alex)
2012 - Nigel Courts (Wellston)
2013 - Jordan Kidd (VC)
2014 - Ibi Watson (Athens)
2015 - Joe Burrow (Athens)
2016 - Griffin Lutz (Athens)
2017 - Griffin Lutz (Athens), Tristen Bartoe (VC)

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

93Bulldog wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:42 pm 2009 - Greg Frost (Alex)
2011 - Jack Hart (Alex)
2013 - Jordan Kidd (VC)
Interested in the entire list

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

That's all I've got. Started tracking when Athens joined league

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

93Bulldog wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:42 pm 2009 - Greg Frost (Alex)
2011 - Jack Hart (Alex)
2013 - Jordan Kidd (VC)
just happy to see a Meigs kid in the mix this year...lol

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Meigs is 2-8

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Poo Bear wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:00 pm Meigs is 2-8
Meigs is (2-9),(1-4 TVC-Ohio)

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Poo Bear wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:00 pm Meigs is 2-8
What is your point?

You realize Meigs is healthy now.
Meigs has playes 10 of 12 games on the road.
Games he has played in he has put up 23, 30, 18, 21 and 13 points.

Meigs will have a nice run with all healthy and 8 out of 10 games left at home.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

They better make some serious noise in the league to have an MVP candidate

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Im not real familiar with the tvc competition. I like to look at what player does the best against the better teams. Who has VC played that is pretty good? How’d their two stars do?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Poo Bear wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:20 pm They better make some serious noise in the league to have an MVP candidate
I don't care how good Meigs plays down the stretch, VC is not going to have more than 4 league losses, so a TVC-Ohio championship is out of the question.

To have any player, whether it be from Meigs, Athens, NY, anyone really - pass Speakman (or Yates) they better score about 40 a game.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ed Ott wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:23 pm Im not real familiar with the tvc competition. I like to look at what player does the best against the better teams. Who has VC played that is pretty good? How’d their two stars do?
Not the best judge in TVC mvp discussion. VC hasn’t played very many really good teams. The Maysville team petty good? No clue if either played well. Against Jackson Yates was the better player. Not sure who else they have played that is .500 or better

bburner
Freshman Team

Post by bburner »

93Bulldog wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:27 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:20 pm They better make some serious noise in the league to have an MVP candidate
I don't care how good Meigs plays down the stretch, VC is not going to have more than 4 league losses, so a TVC-Ohio championship is out of the question.

To have any player, whether it be from Meigs, Athens, NY, anyone really - pass Speakman (or Yates) they better score about 40 a game.
40 / game - why? Because we have said their names over & over. It's the BEST player & there is half a season left. There is a kid from Meigs with better points per game than Yates & a kid from NY averaging 17 / 15 reb. My pick would be Speakman but it's far from over.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

It's not ALWAYS the best player, it's who the coaches think is the player of the year ... And leading your team to a league title carries a lot of weight

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

POY in 2016 Was Griffin Lutz. Was that the year he only played 14 games because of the serious injury to his foot?

Return to “Boys Basketball”