Possible POY in TVC

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Re: Possible POY in TVC

Post by Truth&fiction »

Let me throw out some names of Jrs for next year since the Athens people have named all of their starters . Zach Bartrum , Ethan Boyer, Justin Perry , Dylan Mechum,Eli Griffith and Stone Markins ( If he is healthy) ( Forgive me if I miss spelled any) . All as good if not better than some mentioned . IMO At the beginning of the year I thought it would be between Yates and Cozard . Yates injury opened the door for for Speakman . With Cozards absence could that open the door for someone else from Athens , Maybe , But with Yates back and playing very well IT WILL BE TOUGH TO PICK ANYONE ELSE .

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Truth&fiction wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:51 pm Let me throw out some names of Jrs for next year since the Athens people have named all of their starters . Zach Bartrum , Ethan Boyer, Justin Perry , Dylan Mechum,Eli Griffith and Stone Markins ( If he is healthy) ( Forgive me if I miss spelled any) . All as good if not better than some mentioned . IMO At the beginning of the year I thought it would be between Yates and Cozard . Yates injury opened the door for for Speakman . With Cozards absence could that open the door for someone else from Athens , Maybe , But with Yates back and playing very well IT WILL BE TOUGH TO PICK ANYONE ELSE .
Lets all be honest here. Yates had it wrapped up before the season started. His injury allowed some others a glimmer of a chance. He got his 1,000 points recently so now he is probably a lock. Doesn't seem to matter what a player does on the offensive and defensive end combined as far as general consensus from the Public, everyone looks at PPG. In the pre-season A few had Mattox from Meigs, Speakman from VC-I actually had Cozart and Hynes from Athens in the pre-season and said I looked for them both to have breakout seasons.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Sniper_Fan wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:17 pm
Allthewayup11 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:02 pm Not down playing at all. The kid isn't flashy, struggles at the free throw line or at least he did when I watched him, and doesn't shoot the 3 very well. My only point to my "agreeing with you" was his heart and hustle and the change of his position were the contributing factors to his success and it appeared that was the momentum changer when the kid got moved up top. Butcher came down low as a starter and opened up a ton of transition opportunities. The Defense also got more solid up top and down low. Making that defense stifling. Right players right fit.

Bulldog93, do you have any stats on turnovers for the Dogs? Just curious.

Also, Vision, I just mentioned above that almost anyone of the Athens kids will be contenders for POY next year. How is that not supportive. You are turning a mole hill into a mountain.
Well, Alltheway, have you considered the POSSIBILITY that Vision Queen might actually have a kid on the Bulldog team that is mentioned in the thread?? Just throwing it our there. Hard to believe, I know.

And if you think this is fun, wait until the All-TVC team comes out when the Athens coach will select only 3 players. Hmm, let me grab some popcorn to watch this dumpster fire on here. Someone's Athens TVC POY nominee from Athens won't even make it to the all league team. LOL LOL
BOOM!!! +1

therealNY
Freshman Team

Post by therealNY »

I can't see anyone giving Chubb much competition next year. As much as I hate The Plains, the kid has talent and a very young junior.

If you ain't first, you're last!
bburner
Freshman Team

Post by bburner »

therealNY wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:59 pm I can't see anyone giving Chubb much competition next year. As much as I hate The Plains, the kid has talent and a very young junior.
Why wait? Let's go ahead & give it to him now. Then we won't have to have such a big thread next year.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

bburner wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:13 am
therealNY wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:59 pm I can't see anyone giving Chubb much competition next year. As much as I hate The Plains, the kid has talent and a very young junior.
Why wait? Let's go ahead & give it to him now. Then we won't have to have such a big thread next year.
hahaha next year will be a lot like this one.

A handful of worthy players next season I think.

therealNY
Freshman Team

Post by therealNY »

Good point. Let’s do it.

If you ain't first, you're last!
KaneBrown
Waterboy

Post by KaneBrown »

Barringer or the little Facemyer point guard from the Eastern Eagles.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Couple of great articles in The Athens Post recently highlighting the season Maxfield is having. Unbiased reporting about what he is doing on Both ends of the Court. Don't just take it from the Bulldog Faithful and read the Articles. Yates clearly was the Frontrunner before the season started. Maxfield has taken the reigns with his play and helping turn Athens season around. Maxfield POY in the TVC-Ohio.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

therealNY wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:10 am
Good point. Let’s do it.
Interesting side note on last years Co-POY's. Griffin Lutz and Tristan Bartoe. Someone correct me if I am wrong but Lutz who was recruited by Marietta College went one semester there and is now a student at OU. Bartoe recruited by Rio Grande now just a student there also, neither playing basketball at the Next Level. Derek Jones a player for VC who played in the shadows of Yates and Bartoe last year is on the Basketball Roster for Shawnee State.

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

VisionQuest wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:06 am Couple of great articles in The Athens Post recently highlighting the season Maxfield is having. Unbiased reporting about what he is doing on Both ends of the Court. Don't just take it from the Bulldog Faithful and read the Articles. Yates clearly was the Frontrunner before the season started. Maxfield has taken the reigns with his play and helping turn Athens season around. Maxfield POY in the TVC-Ohio.
Unbiased... Are you serious? This is an Athens paper of course they are biased on local kids. It's like saying the Vinton County Courier would not be biased towards Yates or Speakman. I cannot wait to your kid graduates so I can quit reading your idiotic posts!

notsurprised
Waterboy

Post by notsurprised »

"Interesting side note on last years Co-POY's. Griffin Lutz and Tristan Bartoe. Someone correct me if I am wrong but Lutz who was recruited by Marietta College went one semester there and is now a student at OU. Bartoe recruited by Rio Grande now just a student there also, neither playing basketball at the Next Level. Derek Jones a player for VC who played in the shadows of Yates and Bartoe last year is on the Basketball Roster for Shawnee State."

Why is that an interesting side note? Derick Jones wasn't in anybody's shadow and is a he!! of a player who was on a he!! of a TEAM.. What is your point?
What you are conveniently leaving out in regards to POY is the fact that last season Tristan Bartoe was the leading scorer on the TVC champion VC TEAM, and Griffin was having an outstanding individual season averaging 20 plus a game leading the league in scoring.
This season Yates is averaging 21 plus a game "I would guess leading the league" on the TVC champion VC TEAM and Maxfield is probably not ranked in the top ten in TVC scoring. I know you will counter with Maxfield's defense and I agree he is very good defensively,FYI Yates is assigned to guard the best player from the opposing team every night for VC and still scores. And by the way VC has Speakman who is also around the 20 a game mark i would guess.
There is no argument VC has the top 2 players in the league and 3,4,or 5 of the top 10-12. You may have a valid point/argument next season......maybe

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

hateraid wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:49 am
VisionQuest wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:06 am Couple of great articles in The Athens Post recently highlighting the season Maxfield is having. Unbiased reporting about what he is doing on Both ends of the Court. Don't just take it from the Bulldog Faithful and read the Articles. Yates clearly was the Frontrunner before the season started. Maxfield has taken the reigns with his play and helping turn Athens season around. Maxfield POY in the TVC-Ohio.
Unbiased... Are you serious? This is an Athens paper of course they are biased on local kids. It's like saying the Vinton County Courier would not be biased towards Yates or Speakman. I cannot wait to your kid graduates so I can quit reading your idiotic posts!
+1 on that!

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

notsurprised wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:49 am "Interesting side note on last years Co-POY's. Griffin Lutz and Tristan Bartoe. Someone correct me if I am wrong but Lutz who was recruited by Marietta College went one semester there and is now a student at OU. Bartoe recruited by Rio Grande now just a student there also, neither playing basketball at the Next Level. Derek Jones a player for VC who played in the shadows of Yates and Bartoe last year is on the Basketball Roster for Shawnee State."

Why is that an interesting side note? Derick Jones wasn't in anybody's shadow and is a he!! of a player who was on a he!! of a TEAM.. What is your point?
What you are conveniently leaving out in regards to POY is the fact that last season Tristan Bartoe was the leading scorer on the TVC champion VC TEAM, and Griffin was having an outstanding individual season averaging 20 plus a game leading the league in scoring.
This season Yates is averaging 21 plus a game "I would guess leading the league" on the TVC champion VC TEAM and Maxfield is probably not ranked in the top ten in TVC scoring. I know you will counter with Maxfield's defense and I agree he is very good defensively,FYI Yates is assigned to guard the best player from the opposing team every night for VC and still scores. And by the way VC has Speakman who is also around the 20 a game mark i would guess.
There is no argument VC has the top 2 players in the league and 3,4,or 5 of the top 10-12. You may have a valid point/argument next season......maybe
Not sure why you are so defensive about this? It is factual information if I am not mistaken. I would also like to know how many shots a game that Naylon Yates attempts. I have read a couple of articles where the game recap states that Yates started to catch fire after he missed his 1st 7' shot attempts-heck I bet Maxfield attempts 7-10 the whole game because he has 3 or 4 players around him that are also scoring double digits. I'm sorry but it you throw up 30 shots a game and hit close to 10 then yes you will average around 20 a game.

ARod74
Waterboy

Post by ARod74 »

logan maxfield does the most for his team. without him the bulldogs would be a joke in the tvc.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

notsurprised wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:49 am "Interesting side note on last years Co-POY's. Griffin Lutz and Tristan Bartoe. Someone correct me if I am wrong but Lutz who was recruited by Marietta College went one semester there and is now a student at OU. Bartoe recruited by Rio Grande now just a student there also, neither playing basketball at the Next Level. Derek Jones a player for VC who played in the shadows of Yates and Bartoe last year is on the Basketball Roster for Shawnee State."

Since everyone is worried about PPG. The bottom line is Speakman and Yates I would venture to say take 75% of their teams shots. Maxfield I would say takes about 25% of his teams shots and still putting up big numbers in scoring. Looking at that and what he does Defensively and the energy he brings to get the crowd and team into it, hands down POY when you look at the BIG PICTURE and not just PPG.

Reckon96
Waterboy

Post by Reckon96 »

VisionQuest wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:27 am

Since everyone is worried about PPG. The bottom line is Speakman and Yates I would venture to say take 75% of their teams shots. Maxfield I would say takes about 25% of his teams shots and still putting up big numbers in scoring. Looking at that and what he does Defensively and the energy he brings to get the crowd and team into it, hands down POY when you look at the BIG PICTURE and not just PPG.
no

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

VisionQuest wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:27 am

You astound me with your lack of basketball knowledge more and more every day and I am dumber as a result in reading your one sided posts. Just when I think you have reached new depths of ridiculous and completely biased statements you reload and fire off 3 more absurd rants.
Let me spell this out for you.....Maxfield will not win POY!! Move on for sake of all residing in South Eastern Ohio.

TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

Baer from Meigs is also having a great season but no way they would give this to a 10th grader on a losing team. I think Yates will win it.

Hornetz_Fan32
Freshman Team

Post by Hornetz_Fan32 »

I would say in the next 2 years Baer will be poy in the tvc ohio. I guess they lost their lock for poy to grades earlier in the season.
Good luck to the teams leader and mvp Baer and his team in the tournament.

Return to “Boys Basketball”