Possible POY in TVC

Allthewayup11
Freshman Team

Re: Possible POY in TVC

Post by Allthewayup11 »

Allthewayup11 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:24 pm
JustusLeague wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:20 pm
Allthewayup11 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:48 pm
I wouldn’t say that at ALL Lol. Wasn’t Maxfield out due to illness? That kid has more leadership ability and essentially has spent every minute on the floor as he is the one constant. I have yet to see Cozart take him out unless he was sick or they were way ahead. That says a lot and this is the first real big game Chubb has had against a very weak Wellston team. There was no way all these kids on Athens weren’t going to avg 10 or more each.

I was there for this one. This was only my second game seeing Athens, but let’s get real, without Maxfield out there the team looked a bit dysfunctional which surprised me just because of their opponent. I would take Williams before Chubb just due to his ability, speed and no his rebounding. I am sure the Maxfield kid would have had his share of those points too if he hadn’t sat 3 plus quarters.

On another note Baer is still lighting it up and i still feel the race is between him and Maxfield at this point. Chubb hasn’t showed me much against a strong team. His big games of Wellston, New Lex and River Valley aren’t defining for me. Granted he’s coming along and just have to see how he back part of the season finishes. I could be wrong but Chubb not on my top three yet.
ah, maybe being a daddy is screwing with your vision :)
Not at all. Call it as I see, hear it and read it on radio and news paper. Definitely not a Chubb hater at all. Each of these kids are key to Athens being successful for the rest of the season. Chubb got talent for sure. And I think he can be a potential for POY for sure. I’m just saying at this point and time those are my opinion of things.

My opinion means nothing here. Everyone is entitled to it. I would be the first one to applaud any kid and those who pick em right. I just note the little stuff and the overall hustle too. That is going to be the biggest factor down the road. Hynes, bar none is one of my favorite players. I am hoping for all these kids they make a great run and can get Athens far into talks for the playoffs. Wouldn’t that be great to see. Either way We have a bunch of impressive kids and not one clear stand out yet.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

It really depends what game or even what week it is when it comes to an MVP for Athens. I think all members of the starting 5 have made a case at one time or another this season

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Allthewayup11 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:28 pm
JustusLeague wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:20 pm

ah, maybe being a daddy is screwing with your vision :)
Not at all. Call it as I see, hear it and read it on radio and news paper. Definitely not a Chubb hater at all. Each of these kids are key to Athens being successful for the rest of the season. Chubb got talent for sure. And I think he can be a potential for POY for sure. I’m just saying at this point and time those are my opinion of things.

My opinion means nothing here. Everyone is entitled to it. I would be the first one to applaud any kid and those who pick em right. I just note the little stuff and the overall hustle too. That is going to be the biggest factor down the road. Hynes, bar none is one of my favorite players. I am hoping for all these kids they make a great run and can get Athens far into talks for the playoffs. Wouldn’t that be great to see. Either way We have a bunch of impressive kids and not one clear stand out yet.
Your words say it all. How you diminish accomplishments from players other than Maxfield. You are easy to read through. Just don’t get why you do that. I mean what is your agenda? Why can’t a kid like Chubb be praised for a 20 point performance by you? Why must you say it was his “1st big game” against a “weak Wellston team”? Answer me why you are doing that?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

VisionQuest wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:57 pm
Allthewayup11 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:28 pm

Your words say it all. How you diminish accomplishments from players other than Maxfield. You are easy to read through. Just don’t get why you do that. I mean what is your agenda? Why can’t a kid like Chubb be praised for a 20 point performance by you? Why must you say it was his “1st big game” against a “weak Wellston team”? Answer me why you are doing that?
I know what you are saying VQ but for me an outsider...I’m way more impressed with a player scoring 20 against Waverly than one scoring 20 vs Wellston. Doesn’t mean he didn’t have a great game but great games are definitely easier versus lesser teams.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Chubb play football?

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:11 pm Chubb play football?
Not that I am aware.

Do you question why a poster is trying to diminish any accomplishment from these players other than Maxfield? I mean come on. Look back on the thread and see how the same poster picks apart every players accomplishments. It’s so obvious. Like I said I listen to radio and read the papers also. 93Bulldog is the announcer and keeps stats and he has a lot to say about Chubb and said he is making a real strong case for POY with the way he has been playing. So who you going to believe here? A sportscaster who puts eyes on these boys every night or somebody who says they have seen Athens only twice? I’m a Maxfield fan also here but I don’t diminish his play, I have no agenda as this poster allthewayup11 clearly has.

Allthewayup11
Freshman Team

Post by Allthewayup11 »

VisionQuest wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:26 pm
Not that I am aware.

Do you question why a poster is trying to diminish any accomplishment from these players other than Maxfield? I mean come on. Look back on the thread and see how the same poster picks apart every players accomplishments. It’s so obvious. Like I said I listen to radio and read the papers also. 93Bulldog is the announcer and keeps stats and he has a lot to say about Chubb and said he is making a real strong case for POY with the way he has been playing. So who you going to believe here? A sportscaster who puts eyes on these boys every night or somebody who says they have seen Athens only twice? I’m a Maxfield fan also here but I don’t diminish his play, I have no agenda as this poster allthewayup11 clearly has.
All, i apologize if you think I am diminishing his accomplishments. I’ve got no skin in this game at all. Lol my kids are 5 or more years out of HS. I enjoy hearing and watching all these boys compete. I am not saying at all that again, I have praised every one of these kids in one post or another. There accomplishments do not go unnoticed at all and it will take them all to win the TVC much less go far in the playoffs. Chubb is a big part of that. Each player is unique.

I read all media, about other teams as well on other teams as well and have great respect for their talents as well. People like Baer, Kearns the boy from Vinton are high caliber players. It’s anyones opportunity at this point. I can see where my comments might have taken away from what he has done. My sincerest apology to this group as I can see how it might have sounded.
Takes courage for these kids to compete and focus on school.

I will ensure a more positive post fostering a more positive experience in this group if I have anything to contribute.

Allthewayup11
Freshman Team

Post by Allthewayup11 »

Allthewayup11 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:57 pm
VisionQuest wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:26 pm
Not that I am aware.

All, i apologize if you think I am diminishing any kids accomplishments. I’ve got no skin in this game at all. Lol my kids are 5 or more years out of HS. I enjoy hearing and watching all these boys compete. I am not saying at all that again, I have praised every one of these kids in one post or another. There accomplishments do not go unnoticed at all and it will take them all to win the TVC much less go far in the playoffs. Chubb is a big part of that. Each player is unique.

I read all media, about other teams as well on other teams as well and have great respect for their talents as well. People like Baer, Kearns the boy from Vinton are high caliber players. It’s anyones opportunity at this point. I can see where my comments might have taken away from what he has done. My sincerest apology to this group as I can see how it might have sounded.
Takes courage for these kids to compete and focus on school.

I will ensure a more positive post fostering a more positive experience in this group if I have anything to contribute.

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

I saw on a thread about Stat leader that Athens does not have a double digit average scorer, POY in the TVC usually average 20+ . So what weighs more in the voting . Some think POY should be who does the most for his team ( Plays good D , good passer , gets on the floor , plays under control , makes his team mates better , does not have to be the leading scorer and is satisfied at that , just a good all around ball player that is unselfish ( way too many selfish player that takes their team mates out of the flow) someone that is team first instead of I only ) So who in the TVC fits that description ?What does everyone think the POY should have on his resume ? Still a lot of Basketball to be played . If Athens wins the TVC it could be someone that does not average very many PPG but does all the lessor things that makes his team better.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

VQ, no need to get upset. I have no rooting interest in who wins and it’s clear that a couple people on this thread are very invested. Sounds like Maxfield is Athens to player this season and Chubb is making a run, anyone saying that anyone is the clear cut, no doubt best Athens player...seem a bit silly on a team like Athens. Like I said....Hynes is a 19 pt guy every time I watch and Maxfield is always the 12-14 pt guy who doesn’t really do anything wrong. Against Waverly Chubb really got winded and struggled later in the game...it wasn’t a good night for him but I love how he played. I left Piketon that night with Chubb being the Athens player I appreciated the most....and now he seems to be getting his basketball legs and having very good games.

I don’t care if Athens has 5 players tie for POY in TVC but trying to get the best Athens player out of Athens fans without much bias is like trying to figure out what happened at the end of the Waverly/Oak Hill basketball game.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I'm not bias at all I92 ... Have no kid (dog) in the fight. lol

Maxfield is the leading scorer, been very consistent from game 1 to 10.
Chubb has been coming on strong of late.

Vegas odds

Maxfield 3:1
Chubb 5:1
Kearns 7:1
Baer 7:1
Hines 10:1
Williams 15:1
Arbaugh 15:1
Butcher 15:1
Mecum 15:1

lol

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

93Bulldog wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:28 pm I'm not bias at all I92 ... Have no kid (dog) in the fight. lol

Maxfield is the leading scorer, been very consistent from game 1 to 10.
Chubb has been coming on strong of late.

Vegas odds

Maxfield 3:1
Chubb 5:1
Kearns 7:1
Baer 7:1
Hines 10:1
Williams 15:1
Arbaugh 15:1
Butcher 15:1
Mecum 15:1

lol
And of all the Athens folks...I’ve been taking yours as the most golden.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Maxfield is the heavy favorite. Kid has been around 4 years and does a lot.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:17 pm VQ, no need to get upset. I have no rooting interest in who wins and it’s clear that a couple people on this thread are very invested. Sounds like Maxfield is Athens to player this season and Chubb is making a run, anyone saying that anyone is the clear cut, no doubt best Athens player...seem a bit silly on a team like Athens. Like I said....Hynes is a 19 pt guy every time I watch and Maxfield is always the 12-14 pt guy who doesn’t really do anything wrong. Against Waverly Chubb really got winded and struggled later in the game...it wasn’t a good night for him but I love how he played. I left Piketon that night with Chubb being the Athens player I appreciated the most....and now he seems to be getting his basketball legs and having very good games.

I don’t care if Athens has 5 players tie for POY in TVC but trying to get the best Athens player out of Athens fans without much bias is like trying to figure out what happened at the end of the Waverly/Oak Hill basketball game.
Ironman you have always been one to get on a poster for downgrading kids on here. How are you not seeing through this when you look at the posts? Who said I am upset, it’s about what is right and what is wrong. When you look at the comments from allthewayup11 about players from Athens other than Maxfield it is clear cut, so why would someone do that? Answer me this please, just give me an answer on why you think a person would diminish other players accomplishments? I’m not asking for much here. I have another question for you also. So what looks worse a player who scores 20 on a “weak team” or a player who can’t make a lay-up all night against a “weak team”?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

VisionQuest wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:38 am
Ironman92 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:17 pm VQ, no need to get upset. I have no rooting interest in who wins and it’s clear that a couple people on this thread are very invested. Sounds like Maxfield is Athens to player this season and Chubb is making a run, anyone saying that anyone is the clear cut, no doubt best Athens player...seem a bit silly on a team like Athens. Like I said....Hynes is a 19 pt guy every time I watch and Maxfield is always the 12-14 pt guy who doesn’t really do anything wrong. Against Waverly Chubb really got winded and struggled later in the game...it wasn’t a good night for him but I love how he played. I left Piketon that night with Chubb being the Athens player I appreciated the most....and now he seems to be getting his basketball legs and having very good games.

Ironman you have always been one to get on a poster for downgrading kids on here. How are you not seeing through this when you look at the posts? Who said I am upset, it’s about what is right and what is wrong. When you look at the comments from allthewayup11 about players from Athens other than Maxfield it is clear cut, so why would someone do that? Answer me this please, just give me an answer on why you think a person would diminish other players accomplishments? I’m not asking for much here. I have another question for you also. So what looks worse a player who scores 20 on a “weak team” or a player who can’t make a lay-up all night against a “weak team”?
I don’t understand why a kid would be downgraded by anyone on here. There are a lot of factors on why a kid may have a good or bad game. So an Athens player can’t make a layup? Fine, eliminate him from consideration.

It’s easier to have a great game against a lesser team. I’m not budging on that.

I’ll leave this thread now. I’ve said all of my thoughts on this. I may return in a week or two with newer thoughts.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:14 am
VisionQuest wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:38 am

I don’t understand why a kid would be downgraded by anyone on here. There are a lot of factors on why a kid may have a good or bad game. So an Athens player can’t make a layup? Fine, eliminate him from consideration.

It’s easier to have a great game against a lesser team. I’m not budging on that.

I’ll leave this thread now. I’ve said all of my thoughts on this. I may return in a week or two with newer thoughts.
I just read where Baer put up 30 against Nelsonville-York with 6 3s. Is this accomplishment not so noteworthy because it was against a Sub Par N-Y team? One in particular would have you believe that-that’s all I am going to say.

moorelukas
Riding the Bench

Post by moorelukas »

Truth&fiction wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:04 pm I saw on a thread about Stat leader that Athens does not have a double digit average scorer, POY in the TVC usually average 20+ . So what weighs more in the voting . Some think POY should be who does the most for his team ( Plays good D , good passer , gets on the floor , plays under control , makes his team mates better , does not have to be the leading scorer and is satisfied at that , just a good all around ball player that is unselfish ( way too many selfish player that takes their team mates out of the flow) someone that is team first instead of I only ) So who in the TVC fits that description ?What does everyone think the POY should have on his resume ? Still a lot of Basketball to be played . If Athens wins the TVC it could be someone that does not average very many PPG but does all the lessor things that makes his team better.
This is false. Let's get the real Athens numbers out there so we can quit guessing and speculating. Athens is unbelievably balanced and versatile, and outside of Weston Baer and JK Kearns I would take these 5 players over everybody in the TVC-Ohio.

Logan Maxfield (SR) - 11.8points, 2.4rebounds, 2.6assists, 2.0steals, 1.5turnovers/gm, 54%Fg, 19%three, 63%FT, 6 charges drawn
Eli Chubb (SR) - 9.4points, 5.0rebounds, 2.7assists, 1.7steals, 1.4blocks, 2.7turnovers/gm, 38%Fg, 19%three, 50%FT
Elijah Williams (SR) - 7.5points, 5.2rebounds, 3.0assists, 3.3steals, 0.4blocks, 4.5turnovers/gm, 41%Fg, 0-9three, 50%FT
Justin Hynes (SR) - 7.3points, 4.4rebounds, 1.4assists, 1.3steals, 0.2blocks, 1.9turnovers/gm, 57%Fg, 1-1three, 50%FT
Isaiah Butcher (JR) - 7.0points, 6.0rebounds, 1.9assists, 1.5steals, 0.5blocks, 1.9turnovers/gm, 34%Fg, 22%three, 27%FT

Sniper_Fan
Waterboy

Post by Sniper_Fan »

I just hope your kid gets the award. It will be prima facie evidence of the superiority of your genes over all of the other Athens parents.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

VisionQuest wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:02 am
VisionQuest wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:38 am Ironman you have always been one to get on a poster for downgrading kids on here. How are you not seeing through this when you look at the posts? Who said I am upset, it’s about what is right and what is wrong. When you look at the comments from allthewayup11 about players from Athens other than Maxfield it is clear cut, so why would someone do that? Answer me this please, just give me an answer on why you think a person would diminish other players accomplishments? I’m not asking for much here. I have another question for you also. So what looks worse a player who scores 20 on a “weak team” or a player who can’t make a lay-up all night against a “weak team”?

I just read where Baer put up 30 against Nelsonville-York with 6 3s. Is this accomplishment not so noteworthy because it was against a Sub Par N-Y team? One in particular would have you believe that-that’s all I am going to say.
Don’t be an ass because our opinions differ.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:28 pm
VisionQuest wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:02 am

Don’t be an ass because our opinions differ.
Not talking about you Ironman this was in reference to what allthewayup11 would have people believe as evidenced by how they try their best to diminish other players accomplishments, players other than Maxfield that is. Sorry if you take offense. Not directed toward you at all.
Last edited by VisionQuest on Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Boys Basketball”