Logan 68 Athens 37 a final

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Logan 68 Athens 37 a final

Post by pfloyd »

Logan 68
Athens 37 a final

... Logan hit the ground running as the Purple laid to rest any thoughts of the Bulldogs making a game of this one at McAfee Gymnasium - the Chiefs took the first quarter in dominating fashion 20-7 ... the quarter was a snapshot of the way the rest of the game would play out - Caiden Landis got the scoring off with a putback bucket followed up by the 6-7 post player taking a steal at midcourt and throwing down a one handed slam for one of 2 straight Logan transition buckets ... Bo Myers had 3 buckets on drives down the lane, Caleb Bell drained a triple ... enter junior Layton Cassady who threw down his first of five 3pointers on the night ... Logan would turn the Bulldogs over 9 times in the first quarter ... the Purple & White had 4 players put points in the scoring column in the first period , each would be double figures for the game - Bo Myers (20), Layton Cassady (17), Caiden Landis (16) & Caleb Bell (10)... Logan dominated quarter #1 and the 3 frames that followed Logan 20 Athens 7 after 1 ... Logan 36 Athens 18 at intermission ... Logan 53 Athens 28 after 3 ... Logan 68 Athens 37 a final ... Logan goes to 9-0 heading into next Tuesday's road game vs Teays Valley with a Logan W , it would tie Logan's best start on the hardwood in school history ...

... Pfloyd's Official "unofficial" Napkin Stats - Athens ...

Scoring ... Isaiah Butcher 15, Logan Maxfield 6, Dalton Cozart 6, Elijah Williams 5, Henry Gerig 3, Nathan Whitehead 2
3 Pointers ... 3/17 ... Dalton Cozart 2, Henry Gerig 1
FT's ........... 7/16
TO's ........ 16
PnP ........ 8 fgs/16 Points in the Paint
Transition Points ... 2 fg/4 points of turnovers

... Pfloyd's Official "unofficial" Napkin Stats - Logan ...

Scoring ... Bo Myers 20, Layton Cassady 17, Caiden Landis 16, Caleb Bell 10, Charlie Kline 3, Tyler Cummin 1, Coby Bell 1
3 Pointers ... 7/19 ... Layton Cassady 5 , Caleb Bell 2
FT's .......... 3/8
TO's ......... 13
PnP ......... 20fg/40 Points in the Paint
Transition Points ..... 5 fgs/10 points off of turnovers

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Logan 68 Athens 37 a final

Post by 93Bulldog »

The Cassady kid has killed Athens off the bench in two games.

Logan has a nice inside/out game.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:46 pm The Cassady kid has killed Athens off the bench in two games.

Logan has a nice inside/out game.
... Layton is instant offense with a shooters mindset - "the next one's going in" attitude ... he has 9 triples vs Athens in 2 games off the bench ... this is not out of the ordinary for the junior - you can count on 3-4 triples per outing for Mr. Cassady ... EVERY team has to have offensive output from their bench if they are to be successful - Layton Cassady fills that need ... Logan has Bo Myers averaging at or near 20 ppg, Caiden Landis at 16-17 ppg, Caleb Bell will 10-12 ppg from the starting positions throw in bench scoring from Cassady and Little at 12-13 ppg ...

Check them off :

Inside presence (x) Landis 6-7, Myers 6-5
Scoring in the paint (x) Myers/Landis combine for 30+ ppg
Inside passing/assists (x) both Myers/Landis give up the ball in the paint - making that extra pass that you call for 93bulldog
Perimeter scoring (x) Myers/Bell/Cassady enough said
Solid Defense inside/outside (x) can play whatever the game dictates man to man or zone
Scoring in transition (x) ... many times with momentum changing t dunks by Mr. Landis - he had 2 tonight, 4 vs Washington CH ALL of them of the no doubter variety - one handed, 2 handed, off the glass assisted 2 handers , behind the head reverse slam at CH Tuesday night ...

... it ALL adds up to #2 in the SouthEast District ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

3/17 yikes

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:16 pm3/17 yikes
... most of those were "1 & done" - not much in the way of offensive rebounding for AHS tonight ... Ahtens missed the presence of Hynes tonight on the boards/in the paint ... I talked with Coach Cozart during the JV game half time ... the injuries to starters - Saltzman/Hynes ... a couple of players quitting on the team (my words not Coach Cozarts) ... inconsistency from game to game ... Coach Cozart is very passionate about the game of hoops, he's a competitor - I suggested to Coach that once he gets the pieces back - healed up between now and February - he will have a totally different look going into the post season ... got to be frustrating for Coach Cozart ... as he said - he thought they had turned the corner vs Marietta as the BIGS - Chubb/Butcher/Hynes were establishing their own presence down low, being on the floor at the same time ... I wish him luck in getting all of the Bulldogs back in uniform this 2nd half of the season ... thanks for the chat Coach Cozart always good to talk hoops with you ...

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Thanks Floyd for the write up.

I'm hoping to catch the Chiefs in my backyard in a few weeks when they come up to face Dublin Jerome.

While I'm now a Shamrock - I'm within a couple of miles of Jerome HS. Should be a good test north of the Lancaster/Dixon line!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

loganlocos wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:28 am Thanks Floyd for the write up.

I'm hoping to catch the Chiefs in my backyard in a few weeks when they come up to face Dublin Jerome.

While I'm now a Shamrock - I'm within a couple of miles of Jerome HS. Should be a good test north of the Lancaster/Dixon line!
... Jerome sits at 4-4 on the year so far 0-2 in the OCC Cardinal ... look to have good size , have been blown out by the likes of Hilliard Bradley, lost to Thomas Worthington ... they have beaten a good ECOL team in Dover handily ... you'll need to keep the napkin stats for that Jerome game as I will probably stay Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line to take in a SouthEast District matchup BUT we'll see !!! pfloyd MIGHT be in the Cheap Seats in the land of fruits & croissants at the concession stands ...

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

pfloyd wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:45 am

... Jerome sits at 4-4 on the year so far 0-2 in the OCC Cardinal ... look to have good size , have been blown out by the likes of Hilliard Bradley, lost to Thomas Worthington ... they have beaten a good ECOL team in Dover handily ... you'll need to keep the napkin stats for that Jerome game as I will probably stay Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line to take in a SouthEast District matchup BUT we'll see !!! pfloyd MIGHT be in the Cheap Seats in the land of fruits & croissants at the concession stands ...

Gluten free popcorn only up here Floyd!!!!

I will probably be sitting with THE statistician - Mr. Dunn - so I will have the scoop.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

loganlocos wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:36 pm
pfloyd wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:45 am

Gluten free popcorn only up here Floyd!!!!

I will probably be sitting with THE statistician - Mr. Dunn - so I will have the scoop.
Craig is the man for SEOhio Sports ! ... maybe Craig will let loose some of the inside info on the new league ! ... sure hope it happens would be nice to know which of the schools I need to brush up on, get used names/rosters etc. ! hey speaking of names from the past - I was reading the Marietta Times about the Tigers and noticed besides the 2 Duckworth boys starting for MHS there is a Witucky on the team as well ... the Witucky name from when you/Ryan were in school was a big name in Zanesville hoops .. 2nd team ALL Ohio @ Zanesville now a lawyer in Zanesville ...

marklduckworth
Freshman Team

Post by marklduckworth »

It is Autyn Witucky playing for the Tigers. His father is Kevin Witucky who also was an outstanding player for Zanesville and Muskingum college. I was coaching the JV. Marietta Tigers when Kevin played in Zanesville and he was a player! Kevin was the girls varsity coach at Fort Frye and took them to the regional before getting out of teaching and into the family business. Kevin is a volunteer coach for the Tigers. The family has lived in Marietta for many years, although they attended school at Parkersburg Catholic until this year. Coach Witucky and his entire family are first class people who all love basketball! ........and you are right Floyd....Craig Dunn always has the scoop !

Return to “Boys Basketball”