Re: Gallia Academy at South Point

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Thoughts on this road game for the Blue ?

Bring the Heat
Freshman Team

Re: Re: Gallia Academy at South Point

Post by Bring the Heat »

South Point in a close game defending the home court.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

South Point keeps it interesting at home.

Gallia by 11

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

South Point in a close game

GAHSBB#1fan
Riding the Bench

Post by GAHSBB#1fan »

Officiating will be a big key in this game. If Loveday stays out of foul trouble South Point has no answer for him. The Blue Devils will win by 12 to 13 points.

BigBlue85
Waterboy

Post by BigBlue85 »

The way the Big Blue is playing right now no one but Fairland can give them a game. SP will be no match either
Gallia 68
SP 51

BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

BigBlue85 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:24 am The way the Big Blue is playing right now no one but Fairland can give them a game. SP will be no match either
Gallia 68
SP 51
make no mistake.....it's not Fairland giving a game with "Big Blue"........hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
It's big blue "hoping" they can give a Fairland a game the next time they play.

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Looking at the box scores, and the SP/ Fairland game and write ups I thought SP gave Fairland a better game than Gallia did. I may be wrong but SP is pretty good when they are on. But they could easily lose this game as well.

Firebreather
Freshman Team

Post by Firebreather »

South Point definitely gave Fairland the better game. Matchups in basketball is huge and Fairland couldnt match up with Fox. Having said that, I think Gallia does match up a little better and they win by 10

Hornetz_Fan32
Freshman Team

Post by Hornetz_Fan32 »

South point in a close one. And loveday needs to keep himself out of foul trouble not the refs. Can't blame them for everything. Down there they usually let them play underneath.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Depends on the officiating.. Not in a big way. But Gallia Academy had 3 fans Thrown out of the Gym down there last year. Before the game was 30 seconds old.... LOL.

South Point is not a great match up for my Blue devils. Gallia will struggle tonight. South point will basically take Loveday out of the game on the defensive end or did at there place last year. The blue devils have no one that can stay with the Fox kid one on one. with that said Blue devils force the action tonight and find away to come out on top. by 10 to 12. more if they can get score high enough.

My guess is tonight is the night you see wiseman and mccellend break out.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

South Point gave the blue Devils all they wanted this evening.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

svac83 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:10 pm South Point gave the blue Devils all they wanted this evening.
Officiating was questionable at best.
With that being said, it was bad both ways.

GAHSBB#1fan
Riding the Bench

Post by GAHSBB#1fan »

Gallia Academy didn't play their best, but still won at South Point a hard place to win at. The Blue Devils had once again way too many turnovers and missed way too many free Throws. For them to make a giant step forward and for them to be able to complete with Fairland, Waverly and Unioto you have got to take care of the basketball and be able to make free throws. Henry, Wiseman, McCelland, Blouir and Call are too good of players to be careless with the ball. I believe they needed this game to help them get better and I believe they will be much better next game and going forward. South Point strong point is their guard play and they brought some weakness out in us that can be improved with practice. The main thing is we won and a win is a win by a 100 points or by 1 point and when you have a bad game and still win it show the signs of a good team.

golfis4me
Riding the Bench

Post by golfis4me »

Can't go 15-25 from the line/35% from the field and win. I'm surprised the game was as close as it was. Good road win for Gallia. SP goes to Ironton Friday and needs to pick that win up. Fox has scored 97 points in his last 3 games after a bit of a slow start to the year scoring-wise.

As far as the officiating, I don't see it getting better any time soon. There just aren't enough quality officials. Not enough people are taking the class and the ones who do don't stick around very long. According to the National Federation of State High School Associations only 2 of every 10 officials return for their third year of officiating. This is a nationwide concern across all sports. But our area (specifically along the river) also competes with West Virginia for officials and they generally pay well more, especially at the MS and JV level. Lets not forget that the upfront cost can be over $500 after you pay for the class, license, fingerprint check, uniform/equipment. For most folks the money simply isn't worth the time commitment, travel and abuse. And don't let an official tell you they don't do it for the money. One of only 2 things will curb this trend: Officials are paid more or they are treated better. I seriously doubt the latter will happen.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Blue grow and move on ! Go Blue ! Big win.

Return to “Boys Basketball”