VC @ Athens 1/9

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: VC @ Athens 1/9

Post by Ironman92 »

VisionQuest wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:48 pm
93Bulldog wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:21 pm Nobody told me to lock the thread. I did because it was ridicoulous.
Exactly. You should just Delete it. Orestes contributed to it's Ridiculousness with the Gay hashtags.
Can’t really say that either

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:07 pm
93Bulldog wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:21 pm Nobody told me to lock the thread. I did because it was ridicoulous.
Exactly. You should just Delete it. Orestes contributed to it's Ridiculousness with the Gay hashtags.
Really? Seems like it wasn't shutdown until all those demeaning hashtags were posted. I actually asked a legitimate question on there asking what other Coaches in the area coach their Son. All the other Ridiculous ensued after.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Where’s my popcorn 🍿

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:31 pm Where’s my popcorn 🍿
I'm sure you are loving this Barlow. More people on the bandwagon to Disparage a certain family, something you have been doing for years now. As if that is what we needed. Orestes and a couple more been feeding into your obvious disdain for a coach and his son who are just trying to play ball the best they know how, they don't deserve this.

thebarlowbandit
All State

VisionQuest wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:51 pm
I'm sure you are loving this Barlow. More people on the bandwagon to Disparage a certain family, something you have been doing for years now. As if that is what we needed. Orestes and a couple more been feeding into your obvious disdain for a coach and his son who are just trying to play ball the best they know how, they don't deserve this.
I’ve not added one negative comment on this thread in regard to any family. I have though laughed at all the talent that guys claim you have and the eternal optimism that you show. The Athens schedule gets much easier and you will go on a nice run here and all will be right with the world. And you can claim what you like, but this time last year you were piling on the coach yourself. Peace be unto you.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:13 pm
I’ve not added one negative comment on this thread in regard to any family. I have though laughed at all the talent that guys claim you have and the eternal optimism that you show. The Athens schedule gets much easier and you will go on a nice run here and all will be right with the world. And you can claim what you like, but this time last year you were piling on the coach yourself. Peace be unto you.
I still stand by my statement that this team has a lot of talent, going into the season all the pieces were there, nobody has stepped up to be a leader of this team IMO. At the end of the day Talent gets you no-where when you play as individuals and not as a Team and can't execute the Fundamentals. And yes, I have had some constructive criticism in the past and I may in the Future. Honestly, I'm not sure what more the coach can do at this point. If they haven't learned to play as a Team yet, can they?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

It's a very good question - and if I had to choose - id probably say no.

morehead state
Waterboy

Post by morehead state »

For Athens 99 percent of those who watch realize that 7 or 8 players can be rotated and get equal minutes. Team play means team defense, passing, setting screens and for golly sakes not being happy with losing. This team simply has no individual stars so team play is the only way to win. Certainly nothing wrong saying that. The coaches wanted this job to continue the winning ways Skinner had going so I am sure they can pull this together to forge a huge winning streak starting Friday night. Good chance to have everyone play and contribute and not build a stat sheet. That was a chemistry disaster earlier in the season.

Sniper_Fan
Waterboy

Post by Sniper_Fan »

VisionQuest wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:39 pm
thebarlowbandit wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:13 pm
I still stand by my statement that this team has a lot of talent, going into the season all the pieces were there, nobody has stepped up to be a leader of this team IMO. At the end of the day Talent gets you no-where when you play as individuals and not as a Team and can't execute the Fundamentals. And yes, I have had some constructive criticism in the past and I may in the Future. Honestly, I'm not sure what more the coach can do at this point. If they haven't learned to play as a Team yet, can they?
The answer to that is simple - What the program needs is for as many of the kids as possible to play in local AAU programs that stress FUNDAMENTALS and TEAM FIRST. Like this one http://www.athenscountyshock.com

There needs to be more of an INVESTMENT from the parents into a program like this. Maybe have your kid's get some private lessons too...

Just a thought

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

What you are missing is the location of this team, Athens. A liberal bastion (meaning: place, or person strongly defending or upholding particular principles, attitudes, or activities) of everybody is a winner, everyone plays equally, and everybody gets a trophy. Furthermore, besides a very select few, like Coach Gibby and his wife Pat, Chris Stewart, Troy Bolin, and others; everyone is fair-weather fans. To be honest, that could be because of the Bobcats. However, they don't travel well, most parents are disengaged, their kids come through, they graduate, and they move on, you never see them again. I would not know why anyone would want to coach there?

Orestes'
Freshman Team

Post by Orestes' »

I have to admit I had you totally wrong Spokane. With your West Coast background and mindset that everyone's entitled to an opinion as long as it's the same as yours I had you pegged for a neo-liberal. But now with your recent gay bashing, I'm not so sure. You certainly are difficult to nail down. By the way, what's the meaning of "daddy ball"? Is it a bad thing? Cause I've always thought of it as a positive, and something that is better to have than not. But I'm sure your opinion is the correct one, so I'm interested. :D

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:16 pm What you are missing is the location of this team, Athens. A liberal bastion (meaning: place, or person strongly defending or upholding particular principles, attitudes, or activities) of everybody is a winner, everyone plays equally, and everybody gets a trophy. Furthermore, besides a very select few, like Coach Gibby and his wife Pat, Chris Stewart, Troy Bolin, and others; everyone is fair-weather fans. To be honest, that could be because of the Bobcats. However, they don't travel well, most parents are disengaged, their kids come through, they graduate, and they move on, you never see them again. I would not know why anyone would want to coach there?
That is an incredible accurate post.

Those facts I often use during football season, just haven't much regarding the basketball program. But ,,, it is spot on (except maybe the first few sentences ... lol)

Orestes'
Freshman Team

Post by Orestes' »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:16 pm What you are missing is the location of this team, Athens. A liberal bastion (meaning: place, or person strongly defending or upholding particular principles, attitudes, or activities) of everybody is a winner, everyone plays equally, and everybody gets a trophy. Furthermore, besides a very select few, like Coach Gibby and his wife Pat, Chris Stewart, Troy Bolin, and others; everyone is fair-weather fans. To be honest, that could be because of the Bobcats. However, they don't travel well, most parents are disengaged, their kids come through, they graduate, and they move on, you never see them again. I would not know why anyone would want to coach there?
Interesting take hawkeye. Never thought of it from that point of view, but it's certainly worth contemplating.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Stop with the "daddy ball" stuff.
We are tired of seeing the posts over and over again.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Orestes' wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:40 pm
I have to admit I had you totally wrong Spokane. With your West Coast background and mindset that everyone's entitled to an opinion as long as it's the same as yours I had you pegged for a neo-liberal. But now with your recent gay bashing, I'm not so sure. You certainly are difficult to nail down. By the way, what's the meaning of "daddy ball"? Is it a bad thing? Cause I've always thought of it as a positive, and something that is better to have than not. But I'm sure your opinion is the correct one, so I'm interested. :D
Like Orange and Brown said, enough with daddy ball already. Oh, and Gay- as in "carefree, happy and showy" as I took your hashtags to be. And I'm not buying that you have always thought of daddy ball as a positive, your previous Posts suggest different. You and Sniper_Fan obviously have hidden agendas and motives, was someone wronged?

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Matt combs has went through boatloads of talent and all I can say the talent was never allowed to be bigger than the program. Hence this solid , reload workmanlike mentality in Viking country

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

VisionQuest wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:30 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:07 pm
Really? Seems like it wasn't shutdown until all those demeaning hashtags were posted. I actually asked a legitimate question on there asking what other Coaches in the area coach their Son. All the other Ridiculous ensued after.
I agree the hashtags were too much but two wrongs don’t make a right

thebarlowbandit
All State

morehead state wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:56 pm For Athens 99 percent of those who watch realize that 7 or 8 players can be rotated and get equal minutes. Team play means team defense, passing, setting screens and for golly sakes not being happy with losing. This team simply has no individual stars so team play is the only way to win. Certainly nothing wrong saying that. The coaches wanted this job to continue the winning ways Skinner had going so I am sure they can pull this together to forge a huge winning streak starting Friday night. Good chance to have everyone play and contribute and not build a stat sheet. That was a chemistry disaster earlier in the season.
With the schedule, a winning streak is coming, that is a given, but is the TEAM better?

Orestes'
Freshman Team

Post by Orestes' »

VisionQuest wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:19 pm
Orestes' wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:40 pm
Like Orange and Brown said, enough with daddy ball already. Oh, and Gay- as in "carefree, happy and showy" as I took your hashtags to be. And I'm not buying that you have always thought of daddy ball as a positive, your previous Posts suggest different. You and Sniper_Fan obviously have hidden agendas and motives, was someone wronged?
And you're opinion is the only thing that matters, right? I have to say that was a quick left turn for you to make. :lol: I still think it's a good thing, but I know, I know, since you disagree I'm wrong, right? And what's so bad about "carefree, happy and showy"? How could you have a problem with that? Oh yeah, "if I don't like it it's wrong." :D

Coach's wife
Waterboy

Post by Coach's wife »

To be honest, I think "daddy ball" is a compliment. These men who have the fortitude to take on such a challenge that will most certainly bring with it wrath from the haters. So I see it as a good thing, and feel fortunate to know those who have the courage to overcome the negativity and prosper in spite of the hate.

Return to “Boys Basketball”