Riding the Bench

Waverly/Fairland @ Beast of the Southeast

Post by ovcfan12 »

Thoughts on this game? Tip off is at 2pm

Sports-nut
JV Team

Re: Waverly/Fairland @ Beast of the Southeast

Post by Sports-nut »

Waverly is improving but wont be able to contain the Dragons if it even happens. I'm thinking mother nature will be the big winner this weekend.

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Be surprised if we get to play with the weather forecast. That being said Waverly is coming off their best game of the year in my opinion almost beating Oak Hill. However Fairland is a different animal altogether. I think Waverly will be competitive but I think Fairland wins by at least ten!

GAHSBB#1fan
Riding the Bench

Post by GAHSBB#1fan »

I have seen Oak Hill and Fairland play no comparison Fairland is 25 points better.

The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

Will this be made up if weather takes over? I’d imagine there’s a lot of money lost for Chesapeake if this doesn’t get played...

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

The Flash wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:52 am Will this be made up if weather takes over? I’d imagine there’s a lot of money lost for Chesapeake if this doesn’t get played...
It would be really tough (likely impossible) to find a date that would fit everyone's schedule.

The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

4thgoal wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:32 am
The Flash wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:52 am Will this be made up if weather takes over? I’d imagine there’s a lot of money lost for Chesapeake if this doesn’t get played...
It would be really tough (likely impossible) to find a date that would fit everyone's schedule.
That is true, and sadly so

Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

darn shame, its such a great event

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

If the event gets cancelled would those scheduled to play in it try to reschedule their individual games separately:
Such as Waverly at Fairland or vice versa?

Oaktown
Freshman Team

Post by Oaktown »

GAHSBB#1fan wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:52 am I have seen Oak Hill and Fairland play no comparison Fairland is 25 points better.
I wouldn't be so sure. Fairland is a great basketball team, but 2 entirely different styles of play. Fairland likes to run and put a lot of points on the board. Oak Hill is patient and methodical on offense, slowing the game down and taking possessions away from their opponent, which can be very frustrating for teams that are used to scoring a lot of points. I'm not saying Oak Hill beats Fairland, but they would give Fairland a better game than any team in this area and it would be much closer than 25 points.

It's honestly a shame this game wasn't put on the schedule. I know the players and fans from both teams would love to see his game happen. Win or lose, it would be a fun one to watch.

Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

Cancelled

ina slump
Waterboy

Post by ina slump »

If they play I see dragons by 12.

baseball16
All Conference

Post by baseball16 »

If Oak Hill gets cancelled in Canton on Sunday that would mean they would be down a game, probably would not make that one up. Fairland would have an open game as well. Maybe if all the stars aligned these two schools could get together and play! Doubtful but would be the Top D. 2 team vs. Top D.3 Team in SE Ohio. (Be a heavily attended game that is for sure)
If I were Ken French and Jeff Lanham I would be calling both teams to set up a date at Rio!!

The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

Postponed until Feb 10. Saw on Facebook

Return to “Boys Basketball”