Meigs Marauders Midway Breakdown.

therealNY
Freshman Team

Re: Meigs Marauders Midway Breakdown.

Post by therealNY »

But I will agree track has gotten better with Watkins. Definitely.

If you ain't first, you're last!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

therealNY wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:44 pm No they do not all run track. ESP with this years team - there are many that don’t do track. Your tailback, linebackers and safety are just a few. None of them. No need to continue this lol.
Keegan runs track. He would be doing indoor but his foot isn't at 100%
Colt is a wrestler. He wrestles almost year round. When would he have time to run track lol
Maiden is a baseball player.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

I stand by my Statement. NY known for FOOTBALL. Brings in most money and most fans. School revolves around the Football team. State Championship will do that.

headknocker
Waterboy

Post by headknocker »

[quote=MarauderMadness post_id=1630733 time=1516046706 user_id=440]
No one takes me serious when I say this but it is the truth. Meigs is football first. It’s nuce that these boys are getting some running in during the offseason but no one living in pomeroy really cares until august rolls around. The sooner this is over the sooner they can get back in the weight room!
[/quote]

Meigs is a football school. Period. Just look at Meigs Local’s website with a pictures of the stadium and the celebration of 50 years of Meigs Football. It has a big article in the newspaper and the 1967 team was recognized. It is also the 50th year of Meigs basketball. Was there any recognition or press? No. But, just because you are a football school it does not mean you are necessarily any good at football. The last two coaches have been mediocre at best. Kids get scholarships to small schools and usually drop out and do not end up playing in college. Fact: Meigs is a football school. Fact: Meigs has not been very good in football.

headknocker
Waterboy

Post by headknocker »

[quote=MarauderMadness post_id=1631162 time=1516230751 user_id=440]
Well then we sure ain't a basketball school. We change coaches every year because we always have a board member or two who thinks their kid is headed to the nba. It's a tradition at meigs.

Baseball puffs it's c b est up but they build a fat record playing a soft schedule.
[/quote]

You hit the nail on the head! Basketball Coaches can't win (literally and figuratively) at Meigs. It is a longstanding tradition.
Last edited by headknocker on Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pitstop Billy
Freshman Team

Post by Pitstop Billy »

Back when Nelsonville was in its glory days we had our boys wrestling, running track and lifting weights. We sure didn't worry about playing hoops.

bld m&g
Waterboy

Post by bld m&g »

Meigs plays a soft baseball schedule?

PurplePower
Freshman Team

Post by PurplePower »

Pitstop Billy wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:14 am Back when Nelsonville was in its glory days we had our boys wrestling, running track and lifting weights. We sure didn't worry about playing hoops.
In our hey day, Cousin H and the boys never lifted no dang waits. Coach Wolfe always told us boys waits throws off yer shot. That philosophy got us to state in 1980 and again in 82 and we almost won the whole dang thing both times.

#waitsthrowsoffyershot

BEWARE OF THE STOMP AND STARE!
Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

Purplepower, you seriously need to bet a life!

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

headknocker wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:31 am
MarauderMadness wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:05 pm No one takes me serious when I say this but it is the truth. Meigs is football first. It’s nuce that these boys are getting some running in during the offseason but no one living in pomeroy really cares until august rolls around. The sooner this is over the sooner they can get back in the weight room!
Meigs is a football school. Period. Just look at Meigs Local’s website with a pictures of the stadium and the celebration of 50 years of Meigs Football. It has a big article in the newspaper and the 1967 team was recognized. It is also the 50th year of Meigs basketball. Was there any recognition or press? No. But, just because you are a football school it does not mean you are necessarily any good at football. The last two coaches have been mediocre at best. Kids get scholarships to small schools and usually drop out and do not end up playing in college. Fact: Meigs is a football school. Fact: Meigs has not been very good in football.
For a football school, they sure don't have stellar results. Baseball is and has been for a while the premier boys sport at Meigs.

IamBlizzardMan

Post by IamBlizzardMan »

So says the self proclaimed greatest player ever at River Valley High School.

PurplePower
Freshman Team

Post by PurplePower »

BlizzardMan wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:58 pm
MarauderMadness wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:05 pm No one takes me serious when I say this but it is the truth. Meigs is football first. It’s nuce that these boys are getting some running in during the offseason but no one living in pomeroy really cares until august rolls around. The sooner this is over the sooner they can get back in the weight room!
For a football school, they sure don't have stellar results. Baseball is and has been for a while the premier boys sport at Meigs.
Blizzard Bag knows a school that isnt a football school when he sees it. He graduated from one that definetly wasn't.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

IamBlizzardMan wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:06 pm So says the self proclaimed greatest player ever at River Valley High School.
Yeah never said that. My teammates all thought highly of me and coaches so that's good enough for me. It's so lame that you actuaslly took the time to create an account and everything to make that comment.
Last edited by BlizzardMan on Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

PurplePower wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:26 pm

Blizzard Bag knows a school that isnt a football school when he sees it. He graduated from one that definetly wasn't.
You're right I do. I know exactly what a program shouldn't do. I saw it for four years. Sure didn't realize it at the time. I sure was guilty of not always being in the weight room in the summer. I sure was guilty of pack8ng it in when we got down by a couple of scores. Of course I loved baseball more so usually I was blowing football off for legion ball. I can tell you the things looking back that made River Valley the bad football school that it was. It definitely wasn't always a talent issues.
However I see the opposite at Meigs. I see kids getting burned out because they are saturated with the demand of football all of the time. I also see kids overwhelmed by an offense with hundreds of plays. I also see a ton of injuries, which could be for many reasons but Meigs seems to be burdened often by them.
I don't see enough kids who aren't necessarily good church going kids who simply enjoy going out and hitting people. Kids with mean streaks that need reeled in every once in a while because they can get a little tenacious.

At RV, we as players simply weren't very coachable and didn't want to do what it took to be a good team. So yes I know possible hurdles to success when I see them.

PurplePower
Freshman Team

Post by PurplePower »

BlizzardMan wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:33 pm

You're right I do. I know exactly what a program shouldn't do. I saw it for four years. Sure didn't realize it at the time. I sure was guilty of not always being in the weight room in the summer. I sure was guilty of pack8ng it in when we got down by a couple of scores. Of course I loved baseball more so usually I was blowing football off for legion ball. I can tell you the things looking back that made River Valley the bad football school that it was. It definitely wasn't always a talent issues.
However I see the opposite at Meigs. I see kids getting burned out because they are saturated with the demand of football all of the time. I also see kids overwhelmed by an offense with hundreds of plays. I also see a ton of injuries, which could be for many reasons but Meigs seems to be burdened often by them.
I don't see enough kids who aren't necessarily good church going kids who simply enjoy going out and hitting people. Kids with mean streaks that need reeled in every once in a while because they can get a little tenacious.

At RV, we as players simply weren't very coachable and didn't want to do what it took to be a good team. So yes I know possible hurdles to success when I see them.
Also, being 5' 5", both tall and wide, probably didn't help. We do realize though that you made up for it by being weak and slow. But I see you do have a problem with the coaching staff at Meigs. So maybe you can pm the school board member on here, cause he's always eager to hammer a Meigs coach, and get a meeting set up with the coach. :mrgreen:

Orestes'
Freshman Team

Post by Orestes' »

PurplePower wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:24 pm
BlizzardMan wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:33 pm

Also, being 5' 5", both tall and wide, probably didn't help. We do realize though that you made up for it by being weak and slow. But I see you do have a problem with the coaching staff at Meigs. So maybe you can pm the school board member on here, cause he's always eager to hammer a Meigs coach, and get a meeting set up with the coach. :mrgreen:
Being as wide as he is tall means he's the shape of a circle doesn't it? The best part about that is he was a master at the vaunted roll block.

meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

Nobody could roll block like blizzard bag. He was virtually lethal with it.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Wow you guys are so original and funny. Do t be upset because you were water boys

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

MarauderMadness wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:45 am
itsme wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:28 pm
MarauderMadness wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:10 pm At least three
I'm still thinking .. Can you give names
I will do you at least one better...

Bob Ashley - Utah
Mike Chancey - the Ohio State University
Mike Bartram - Marshall
Justin Roush - Ohio U
I can't think of the linemen from the late 70s that went to Arizona state

Chris Judge kicked at OU but not sure if he was on scholarship.

No other sport at Meigs can make these claims. Football First!
Marshall was IAA when Bartrum went there and played, Chancey never lettered at OSU, Roush was a walk on who was given a scholarship as a senior.

Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:31 pm
MarauderMadness wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:45 am
itsme wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:28 pm

I'm still thinking .. Can you give names
I will do you at least one better...

Bob Ashley - Utah
Mike Chancey - the Ohio State University
Mike Bartram - Marshall
Justin Roush - Ohio U
I can't think of the linemen from the late 70s that went to Arizona state

Chris Judge kicked at OU but not sure if he was on scholarship.

No other sport at Meigs can make these claims. Football First!
Marshall was IAA when Bartrum went there and played, Chancey never lettered at OSU, Roush was a walk on who was given a scholarship as a senior.
Bobby transferred to WV State after I think a year

Return to “Boys Basketball”