Meigs Marauders Midway Breakdown.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Meigs Marauders Midway Breakdown.

Post by tvc_fan »

Early Morning Sunday and up way too early waiting anxiously for the Steelers Game, so thought I'd throw up some Mid-Season Stats for Meigs Basketball.

TOTAL
2-9 (1-4)

(All Players Healthy)
1-2 (1-0)

TOTAL
520 points.......47 ppg.
628 Opp. Points...57 ppg.

(All Players Healthy)
240 points.....60 ppg.
239 Opp. Points....60 ppg.

Individual Scoring:
Mattox.....112 points....18 ppg.
Baerr......133 points....15 ppg.
Bartrum...117 points...12 ppg.
Darst......66 points.....10 ppg.
Musser....31 points.....3 ppg.

Bench Players....35 points....3 ppg.

Mattox has missed 3 full games (Warren, Ironton, Athens) Two half games (Vinton County, River Valley) One 3/4 game (Gallia)
Baer has missed 2 full games (Warren, Ironton) 1/4 of the Vinton County game.
Bartrum has missed 1 game (Warren)
Darst has missed 3 full games (Vinton County, Wellston, Wood County) 1/4 of Gallia game.

They have played 9 of 11 games on the road.

Even with all our starters healthy, we need more production from our big man 3 ppg. and our bench 3 ppg.

I know that these stats mean nothing. Bottem line is Meigs is 2-9. Just wanted to break it down and show that we aren't as bad as our record indicates. Meigs is a better team with all players healthy and if all stay healthy, I truly think we can make a great run and up our seeding chances. As of right now Alexander stands in the #4 seed and we just beat them.

Vinton County will most likely get the TVC-OHIO Crown with both Yates back and healthy, because you can see they are a much better team with all there players 7-1 with and 0-3 without.

I think we have a great chance to get #2 in TVC-OHIO.

Looking forward to the next half of the season. Sorry about the boring post, but there really isn't many topics going on right now that is very interesting with all the cancellations this weekend.

Go Meigs, Go Steelers.

itsme
Varsity

Re: Meigs Marauders Midway Breakdown.

Post by itsme »

tvc_fan wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:02 am Early Morning Sunday and up way too early waiting anxiously for the Steelers Game, so thought I'd throw up some Mid-Season Stats for Meigs Basketball.

TOTAL
2-9 (1-4)

(All Players Healthy)
1-2 (1-0)

TOTAL
520 points.......47 ppg.

(All Players Healthy)
240 points.....60 ppg.

Individual Scoring:

Mattox has missed 3 full games (Warren, Ironton, Athens) Two half games (Vinton County, River Valley) One 3/4 game (Gallia)
Darst has missed 3 full games (Vinton County, Wellston, Wood County) 1/4 of Gallia game.

Even with all our starters healthy, we need more production from our big man 3 ppg. and our bench 3 ppg.

I know that these stats mean nothing. Bottem line is Meigs is 2-9. Just wanted to break it down and show that we aren't as bad as our record indicates. Meigs is a better team with all players healthy and if all stay healthy, I truly think we can make a great run and up our seeding chances. As of right now Alexander stands in the #4 seed and we just beat them.

Vinton County will most likely get the TVC-OHIO Crown with both Yates back and healthy, because you can see they are a much better team with all there players 7-1 with and 0-3 without.

Looking forward to the next half of the season. Sorry about the boring post, but there really isn't many topics going on right now that is very interesting with all the cancellations this weekend.

Go Meigs, Go Steelers.
112 in 8 games is only 14 ppg

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

itsme wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:26 pm
tvc_fan wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:02 am Early Morning Sunday and up way too early waiting anxiously for the Steelers Game, so thought I'd throw up some Mid-Season Stats for Meigs Basketball.

TOTAL
2-9 (1-4)

(All Players Healthy)
1-2 (1-0)

TOTAL
520 points.......47 ppg.

(All Players Healthy)
240 points.....60 ppg.

Individual Scoring:

Go Meigs, Go Steelers.
Has only played 5 full games, missed 2nd half of game versus VC and 2nd half of game versus RV, only played 1 qtr. versus Gallia.
So has played total of 6 games and a quarter.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

My midway breakdown would be - yuck

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

tvc_fan wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:31 pm
itsme wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:26 pm

TOTAL
2-9 (1-4)

(All Players Healthy)
1-2 (1-0)

TOTAL
520 points.......47 ppg.

(All Players Healthy)
240 points.....60 ppg.

Individual Scoring:

Go Meigs, Go Steelers.
Has only played 5 full games, missed 2nd half of game versus VC and 2nd half of game versus RV, only played 1 qtr. versus Gallia.
So has played total of 6 games and a quarter.

I know what you are saying but when you go by ppg if you play 1 second it counts as a game

Realist
Freshman Team

Post by Realist »

Yes...1 second in a game counts as a full game when figuring up ppg.

Meigs is much better than their record indicates, but they're still a middle of the road team. Depending on their seed, they could win a tournament game, but I don't see them doing much else. Who knows though?

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

No one takes me serious when I say this but it is the truth. Meigs is football first. It’s nuce that these boys are getting some running in during the offseason but no one living in pomeroy really cares until august rolls around. The sooner this is over the sooner they can get back in the weight room!

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

MarauderMadness wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:05 pm No one takes me serious when I say this but it is the truth. Meigs is football first. It’s nuce that these boys are getting some running in during the offseason but no one living in pomeroy really cares until august rolls around. The sooner this is over the sooner they can get back in the weight room!
I think NY is in the same boat.

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

Realist wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:15 pm Yes...1 second in a game counts as a full game when figuring up ppg.

Meigs is much better than their record indicates, but they're still a middle of the road team. Depending on their seed, they could win a tournament game, but I don't see them doing much else. Who knows though?
I agree!!!!

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

How is Meigs a football school? When did they when the league last? when did they make the playoffs last? how many winning seasons have they had in the last 10 years?

baseball16
All Conference

Post by baseball16 »

I disagree with Meigs being a "Football" School. If anything they have more success in baseball and golf then anything else. Once people in Meigs start saying Meigs is an academic/athletic school then things probably will not change. Looking at schools that are successful in all sports ( Wheelersburg ) it comes down to culture and attitude towards all sports. Parents and Coaches don't expect their kids to only specialize in one sport but flourish in all. And if they don't play that one sport they support it 100%.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

baseball16 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:08 pm I disagree with Meigs being a "Football" School. If anything they have more success in baseball and golf then anything else. Once people in Meigs start saying Meigs is an academic/athletic school then things probably will not change. Looking at schools that are successful in all sports ( Wheelersburg ) it comes down to culture and attitude towards all sports. Parents and Coaches don't expect their kids to only specialize in one sport but flourish in all. And if they don't play that one sport they support it 100%.
Great post, I know even after mine graduate I will still show up and support all the sports at Meigs.

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

Fletchlives wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:32 pm How is Meigs a football school? When did they when the league last? when did they make the playoffs last? how many winning seasons have they had in the last 10 years?

Last time when ( win ) a league 1998. Last and only time in playoffs 2008. 4 winning seasons with a record of 51 - 50 in last 10 years

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

Sorry I didn't check my spelling sir lol. So, that's what a football school looks like huh lol. And didn't they get rid of the guy who took them to their only playoffs?

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

Sorry I didn't check my spelling sir lol. So, that's what a football school looks like huh lol. And didn't they get rid of the guy who took them to their only playoffs?

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Fletchlives wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:14 am Sorry I didn't check my spelling sir lol. So, that's what a football school looks like huh lol. And didn't they get rid of the guy who took them to their only playoffs?
Compare D1 football players to any other sport. Plus the numbers you give support my argument. I bet every school in our conference except Athens and Nelsonville would gladly trade spots with us. We were blessed with two great coaches that worked at school most of its history.

I stand by my claim. Football first.

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

MarauderMadness wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:16 am
Fletchlives wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:14 am Sorry I didn't check my spelling sir lol. So, that's what a football school looks like huh lol. And didn't they get rid of the guy who took them to their only playoffs?
Compare D1 football players to any other sport. Plus the numbers you give support my argument. I bet every school in our conference except Athens and Nelsonville would gladly trade spots with us. We were blessed with two great coaches that worked at school most of its history.

I stand by my claim. Football first.
how many D 1 players as Meigs have

MarauderMadness
JV Team

At least three

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

MarauderMadness wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:10 pm At least three
I'm still thinking .. Can you give names

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

VisionQuest wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:36 pm
MarauderMadness wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:05 pm No one takes me serious when I say this but it is the truth. Meigs is football first. It’s nuce that these boys are getting some running in during the offseason but no one living in pomeroy really cares until august rolls around. The sooner this is over the sooner they can get back in the weight room!
I think NY is in the same boat.
Not the case at all. We wholeheartedly support our basketball team and hope for nothing but success from them. Besides our wrestling program is one of the best in the state, and our track and field teams are very solid as well. We want our kids to play multiple sports.
Heck, quite frankly with our size we need our kids to play multiple sports.
The kids who don't okay a winter sport are busting their butts in the weight room, and the kids who are playing winter and spring sports will hit it hard when their seasons are done. Football comes when football comes. Until then our kids should be working hard to better themselves in the other sports they play.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Return to “Boys Basketball”