SE District Varsity Team

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

SE District Varsity Team

Post by Ironman92 »

Let’s make a 12 player team...list some you’d put on it.

Logan Swackhammer 6’0 PG (Unioto)
Tanner Perdue 6’0 guard (Piketon)
Cole Landis 6’7 forward (Logan)
Darby 6’5 small forward (Oak Hill)
Dylan Swingle 6’9 center (Paint Valley)
Zack Loveday 7’0 center (Gallia Academy)
Naylan Yates 6’3 guard (Vinton Co)
Eric McLaughlin 6’3 guard (Lynchburg Clay)
Bo Myers 6’4 guard (Logan)

And....best two or 3 Fairland players (someone tell me me how you rank the top Fairland players for this)

Who else we adding? Woodside from FU? Landon Carroll shooting guard (Oak Hill) Speakman from VC? Arey from Peebles? Maughmer of Chillicothe? Blevins from South Webster? Holden from Wheelersburg?

What’s your team?

Dragon's Lair
Riding the Bench

Re: SE District Varsity Team

Post by Dragon's Lair »

No way to rank top Fairland players. They are all unselfish and do their job. That is why they are very good. They are a TEAM!

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Holden has several D1 offers, I think he’s a lock for the list.

PG - Maughmer 6’1”
SG - Holden 6’6”
SF - Landis 6’7”
PF - Loveday 7’0”
C - Swingle 6’9”

That’s my starting 5.. first subs would be

F - Van Horn 6’8”
F - Woodside 6’5”
G - Yates 6’3”
G - Swackhammer 6’0”
G. - Perdue 6’0”

Looking at these names shows us we take it for granted how much collegiate level talent is here in SE Ohio.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Dragon's Lair wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:22 pm No way to rank top Fairland players. They are all unselfish and do their job. That is why they are very good. They are a TEAM!
They are also very good because they have 3-4 players worthy of discussion on this thread.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Dragon's Lair wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:22 pm No way to rank top Fairland players. They are all unselfish and do their job. That is why they are very good. They are a TEAM!
you could also just rank them 1-3 based off their unselfishness.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

bbjunky81 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:41 pm Holden has several D1 offers, I think he’s a lock for the list.

PG - Maughmer 6’1”
SG - Holden 6’6”
SF - Landis 6’7”
PF - Loveday 7’0”
C - Swingle 6’9”

F - Van Horn 6’8”
F - Woodside 6’5”
G - Yates 6’3”
G - Swackhammer 6’0”
G. - Perdue 6’0”

Looking at these names shows us we take it for granted how much collegiate level talent is here in SE Ohio.
That's a solid top 5. I'd take Swackhammer at point over Maughmer and Purdue at the 2 over Holden

bc181700
Freshman Team

Post by bc181700 »

mlittle wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:13 am
bbjunky81 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:41 pm Holden has several D1 offers, I think he’s a lock for the list.

PG - Maughmer 6’1”
SG - Holden 6’6”
SF - Landis 6’7”
PF - Loveday 7’0”
C - Swingle 6’9”

F - Van Horn 6’8”
F - Woodside 6’5”
G - Yates 6’3”
G - Swackhammer 6’0”
G. - Perdue 6’0”

That's a solid top 5. I'd take Swackhammer at point over Maughmer and Purdue at the 2 over Holden
I agree with Swack and Perdue. But if it were my team, I'd want L.Carroll from Oak Hill at the other guard spot. Those 3 would bring a lot of scoring/shooting capability from a guard perspective, excellent court awareness and a desire to hit the open teammate.
I'm ready to lace up my 1995 Jordan's and scrimmage this squad. :lol:

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Arey played behind Justice and Gordley for his high school career. This year he is averaging around 26 ppg. He is a leader of a team that is currently 8-2. Assists ,steals ,points,rebounds he does it all.Arey can play on any team.

Firebreather
Freshman Team

Post by Firebreather »

I'll take van horn over loveday all day every day. Love day has more upside but he's not even close in the post

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

Firebreather wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:36 pm I'll take van horn over loveday all day every day. Love day has more upside but he's not even close in the post
I'll 2nd that

Post by danicalifornia »

Agreed. Loveday is going to be special, but Van Horn already is. It was really fun to watch Van Horn against SVSM, he looked like the best player on the court and kept the Irish out of the lane until his 4th foul when they could finally attack.

I'm a big fan of Loveday too, but you can never underestimate 2 more years of experience, basketball IQ, maturity, and strength.

Unbiased
Waterboy

Post by Unbiased »

I would also agree with Van Horn over Loveday. Loveday is a solid young player, but Van Horn looks to be more skilled and physically stronger. He’s having a great season. Also, for the sake of this conversation, I would not overlook Fairland’s other players such as their former District Player of The Year in Isaiah Howell, and Luke Thomas. Carroll out of Oak Hill also deserves his name thrown in this conversation, love conversations like this.

bc181700
Freshman Team

Post by bc181700 »

SEOhio has some great talent, and some players with great discipline to fit into a TEAM, and also some players with great basketball IQ.
It’s tough to get 12 names, but wow, this is a fun conversation and eye-opening to the fortune we have in HS Ball in our area right now.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I understand why some of you guys would not put loveday first team. But I would suggest you watch him play now. Since Peck moved on someone or thing has lit a fire under this kid. He is getting much more physical and owning his spot in the paint and much more aggressive on the offense and defensive ends.

I was disappointed in his play the first 8 or 9 games. Besides that if I had a team it would have to have Howell from fairland on it. Unlimited range and eyes in the back of his head to find a teammate

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

I have thrown Tanner Areys name in the mix. I know a SHAC player has trouble getting in to this conversation. Peebles and Arey and Piketons Tanner Perdue will line up Tuesday night at Peebles for the last time. They have battled with and against each other since grade school. I think they both played on the same team in grade school or Jr high Good luck to both.I also think both players are averaging 24 plus points per game.Should be a great contest.
Last edited by Hoopie74 on Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Hoopie74 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:26 pm I have thrown Tanner Areys name in the mix. I know a SHAC player has trouble getting in to this conversation. Peebles and Arey and Piketons Perdue will line up Tuesday night at Peebles for the last time. They have battled with and against each other since grade school. Good luck to both.I also think both players are averaging 24 plus points per game.Should be a great contest.
I started this thing with a McLaughlin and Arey mentions

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:28 pm
Hoopie74 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:26 pm I have thrown Tanner Areys name in the mix. I know a SHAC player has trouble getting in to this conversation. Peebles and Arey and Piketons Perdue will line up Tuesday night at Peebles for the last time. They have battled with and against each other since grade school. Good luck to both.I also think both players are averaging 24 plus points per game.Should be a great contest.
I started this thing with a McLaughlin and Arey mentions
Yep and I appreciate and thank you. Tanner Arey is a gamer that was always role player behind some very good players. This is his year to shine and he is. Thanks !

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

I'd add Arey from Peebles and Holden from Wheelersburg, also probably 2-3 from Fairland I just don't want to butcher their names trying to spell them.

Return to “Boys Basketball”