Division IV Southeast District Records, etc.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Re: Division IV Southeast District Records, etc.

Post by Hoopie74 »

The Northwest sectional will be a great sectional to watch. I think teams from there will make some noise in the tournament.

SchmidtHappens
Waterboy

Post by SchmidtHappens »

Point blank wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:36 pm 1 CG locked in
2 Glenwood big road win over 14-4 st joe
3 peebles loss to 2 win valley hurts
4 st joe got swept by glenwood whos 2nd in soc
5 green playin great. Big win Friday at home over nb
6 LF slippen but has bad injuries
7 WO big wins lately. On way up could be voted as 5 6 7
8 manchester better then other 3 left
9 east could be 9 10 or 11
10 nd playing good 9 10 11
11 clay playing bad. 10 11
Not sure how your team gets a 2 seed over Peebles after losing to Peebles. The loss to Valley hurts less than your 91 points gave up against Green. Peebles has to be the 2 right now.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Did Northwest beat New Boston?

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Point blank
Freshman Team

Post by Point blank »

Yes, by 5 and glenwood had 5 players. Without 3 starters and bout like u judging sw losses without blevins.

13-4 is a big step in right direction.

Rhall

SchmidtHappens
Waterboy

Post by SchmidtHappens »

Point blank wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:03 am Yes, by 5 and glenwood had 5 players. Without 3 starters and bout like u judging sw losses without blevins.

13-4 is a big step in right direction.

Rhall
NB had 3 starters out against Peebles and Green?

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

If you are going to point out Peebles losing to Valley as the reason to give them a 3 seed then I thought it was only fair.

Peebles defeated New Boston straight up. That’s a little more heavy than most anything else. Unless they have very different records. If New Boston defeated Peebles then I would say — no doubt they are the 2 seed. Still some games to play. It will be interesting.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

We will take whatever we get and play the. New season one game at a time. We would love a 2 or 3 seed,but; right now Peebles must take care of business. A very hot Eastern Brown team Tuesday, a very strong Fayetteville team at Fayetteville next Friday, Ports clay next Saturday and finishing vs a good Ripley team at Ripley. If the Indians run the table I think we get a 2 seed.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I would avoid the 3 seed if I were Peebles

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Records updated..........

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Hoopie74 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:19 am We will take whatever we get and play the. New season one game at a time. We would love a 2 or 3 seed,but; right now Peebles must take care of business. A very hot Eastern Brown team Tuesday, a very strong Fayetteville team at Fayetteville next Friday, Ports clay next Saturday and finishing vs a good Ripley team at Ripley. If the Indians run the table I think we get a 2 seed.
The Fayetteville game is scheduled for February the 13 not the 9th.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

In my opinion at this point Peebles deserves the #2 and New Boston deserves the #3. Resumes dictate this. Peebles beat New Boston in head-to-head competition.

The 91-76 loss to Green will have a major impact on the decision of coaches.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

If I had to guess the seeds as of today, I'd go with:

1.) Coal Grove
2.) Peebles
3.) New Boston
4.) Ironton St. Joe
5.) Green
6.) Whiteoak
7.) Leesburg Fairfield
8.) Manchester
9.) East
10.) Notre Dame
11.) Clay

Anyone know when Leesburg's injured kid(s) return? Last I heard they were battling the injury bug. If they're due back by tournament time they could be a really dangerous draw.

Whiteoak is playing better basketball too, they will be a dangerous 6 seed for New Boston.

I don't see any possibility whatsoever of any team in the 8-11 seeds possibly winning this sectional but I think 1-7 all have a realistic shot.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Peebles with a huge win over Eastern Brown tonight 54-49. This clinched the SHAC Dll title. Congrats Indians.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

1. Coal Grove
2. Peebles

Locked.

New Boston loses again and this time to Portsmouth West, a D3 team but not a strong one.

Ironton St Joe with a bad loss against Notre Dame...they have no chance to be above the 4 seed

Fairfield lost by 3 to D3 Lynchburg who is a bit over .500

Whiteoak defeated D2 Washington Court House and now winners of 10 of 13 games....they started 1-6, including a lossto New Boston but since their buzzer beating loss at Westfall this team has learned how to win. This team is rolling and right now are the 3rd best team in this sectional....their resume IMO earns a #5 seed, but an argument for the 4 with ISJ bad loss. Whiteoak best ND by 28.

Green? Their record spells 5 seed but IMO they are 7th best team but they/WO/FF/ISJ all could definitely beat one another....they are all close.

bobcat2015
Riding the Bench

Post by bobcat2015 »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:24 pm 1. Coal Grove
2. Peebles

Locked.

New Boston loses again and this time to Portsmouth West, a D3 team but not a strong one.

Ironton St Joe with a bad loss against Notre Dame...they have no chance to be above the 4 seed

Whiteoak defeated D2 Washington Court House and now winners of 10 of 13 games....they started 1-6, including a lossto New Boston but since their buzzer beating loss at Westfall this team has learned how to win. This team is rolling and right now are the 3rd best team in this sectional....their resume IMO earns a #5 seed, but an argument for the 4 with ISJ bad loss. Whiteoak best ND by 28.

Green? Their record spells 5 seed but IMO they are 7th best team but they/WO/FF/ISJ all could definitely beat one another....they are all close.
Ironman good win for Whiteoak. Did WCH best player play? Heard he was out with an injury right now. Regardless though that's a good win. WCH has played a loaded schedule this year and are a tough game.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:43 am I would avoid the 3 seed if I were Peebles
Peebles losses so far: D4 Fairfield at Fairfield in overtime, Dlll ,North Adams in Overtime,Dlll Eastern Pike( probable 1/2 seed )at Dave Young Classic, Dlll Piketon( probable 1 seed) at home, bad loss to a hot shooting Dlll Valley team at home . Peebles won second game vs Fairfield by 21 points. Ready for some D4 games at Northwest.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

records updated........

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

bobcat2015 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:29 am
Ironman92 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:24 pm 1. Coal Grove
2. Peebles

Locked.

Ironman good win for Whiteoak. Did WCH best player play? Heard he was out with an injury right now. Regardless though that's a good win. WCH has played a loaded schedule this year and are a tough game.
I believe Upthegrove is still out. Also to be noted, Whiteoak played without their #3 scorer 6’3 Stephen Ross and their top scorer was in foul trouble all game and didn’t score at all

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Draw is getting closer. Basketball 30 almost here.

Hawks1112
Varsity

Post by Hawks1112 »

I have Coal Grove at 13-4,with Ironton 2-9,Ports.N.D. 2-13,South Pt. 2-16, Ports.East 2-17, does anyone know the makeup date for other Ironton game

Return to “Boys Basketball”