Division IV Southeast District Records, etc.

celticpride
Freshman Team

Re: Division IV Southeast District Records, etc.

Post by celticpride »

With last night's win at Wahama, Southern is now 8-5.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

celticpride wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:18 pm With last night's win at Wahama, Southern is now 8-5.
Thanks

Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

nice win for Southern

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

danicalifornia wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:18 am I normally would say that Western having an incorrect count would be hard to believe, but their girls enrollment stayed at 81, while their boys went from 78 to 113, which is a pretty major leap for a DIV school. The CB # would stay at 21, but I could definitely see them having something off.

However, they did send the numbers out to the schools for verification. I believe they did it twice, because the first set of numbers were way off. So, I could also see the state just telling Western too bad for this year. But, in Western's favor, 8 schools did lose their OHSAA membership and a couple were DIV schools, so they may do a small bit of shuffling regardless.
Yep, this would fall squarely on Western, the numbers are submitted by Western to begin with, then are given back to Western to either sign-off on or to accept. Also of note, this would effect their fall teams as well, so not catching this until now is interesting.

Jayski
Waterboy

Post by Jayski »

Eastern Meigs is 4-8...with win over Point Plaesant

celticpride
Freshman Team

Post by celticpride »

You're welcome, and Trimble is 7-4 after loss Tuesday.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

records updated including 1/26 games

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Anyone find out if Western is D3 or D4 officially? Also Western vs Peebles this Tuesday. Should be good game.

Point blank
Freshman Team

Post by Point blank »

If it was voted on today

1. Glenwood/ CG
2. CG/Glenwood
3. LF Peebles
4. Peebles LF
5. St joe
6 WO
7 green
8 manchester
9 clay
10 east
11 Nd

Flyernation
Waterboy

Post by Flyernation »

A lot of basketball to be played between now and feb.9th ! Those top 5teams could end up in any order,wait and see.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

New Boston getting the 1 seed will be an interesting proposition. Coach should probably play nicer in the sandbox if he wants the support of the other SOC1 coaches in the voting process. The beatdown of Clay on Friday night and the Facebook post explaining why he did it was the talk of our game with Clay Saturday night

And please understand that I’m not a proponent of taking your foot off of the gas or always settling when ahead. But, sometimes it’s wiser to do the right thing when you then put your team into others hands at the voting.

He definitely is making a statement in New Boston this year.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Point blank
Freshman Team

Post by Point blank »

Funny NB voted clay 1 last year after a 60 point loss.

Point blank
Freshman Team

Post by Point blank »

East clay and eastern and western all beat NB by 40 or more last year! No fun is it? Please dont beat the regional title team the next year like they beat you? Go back to sw and find someone else to listen to that crap. The tigers may get screwed in votes but they know now what happens when you do that to others in years past.

Point blank
Freshman Team

Post by Point blank »

He? Maybe its the play of conley sexton caldwell truitt mcquithy and mead and potts.

Point blank
Freshman Team

Post by Point blank »

Especially when 2 of 3 NB losses were blown 15 point leads. Maybe they needed to learn how to play all 4 quarters. Not like clays coach didnt deserve it.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

I will try and make my point clearer:

If you are going to beat someone by 40-50 or 100 just do it. Don’t post on Facebook and give people another thing to talk about. The beating goes away. The internet remembers everything. The reason given was that the kids wanted to do it. That’s great. The head coach of new Boston should take care of his kids first and foremost but that also means that sometimes you think ahead and don’t put them in situations that could have been avoided.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
captaintrojan
Waterboy

Post by captaintrojan »

well we now know who Point Blank is. A loss is a loss in my book regardless if you were a head by 15 points in the game. NB is a good team but their coach is giving them the bad image. Do they deserve a 1 seed NO 1 but like in a previous post if you want the 1 seed and support of SOC I coaches, you should tone it down a bit.

Jeeps22
Waterboy

Post by Jeeps22 »

Again why would adults hurt kids that deserve something and worked very hard. Don't understand

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

LucasDavenport wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:28 am I will try and make my point clearer:

If you are going to beat someone by 40-50 or 100 just do it. Don’t post on Facebook and give people another thing to talk about. The beating goes away. The internet remembers everything. The reason given was that the kids wanted to do it. That’s great. The head coach of new Boston should take care of his kids first and foremost but that also means that sometimes you think ahead and don’t put them in situations that could have been avoided.
Great post lucasdavenport. I don't have a problem with a payback, but no need to tell everyone why you did it (especially on Facebook...lol) outside of the locker room. Like lucas said, just do it, get the anger out of your system, and move on.*

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

And for the record, Coal Grove is my #1 given the schedule they've played (2 wins over Portsmouth all I need to know).*

Return to “Boys Basketball”