Division IV Southeast District Records, etc.

art_vandelay
SE

Re: Division IV Southeast District Records, etc.

Post by art_vandelay »

Coal Grove just sealed up the #1 seed at Northwest beating Gallia Academy by 20pts last night.*

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Peebles 89- Western Pike 68. Peebles now 12-4 games left vs, Fairfield, Lucasville, Eastern Brown,Ports clay, Fayetteville and Ripley.

SchmidtHappens
Waterboy

Post by SchmidtHappens »

I am disappointed in Coal Grove.

I thought the D4 tourney was as intriguing as ever. Tons of teams that could win the district championship.
Coal Grove has shown they are the best team by a decent margin. They looked so strong against Gallia. Those successful football players are now basketball players. They have a point guard who can score and shooters. Very impressed. 25 pts better than New Boston the #2 seed.

Now with the Blevins boy out I think the Meigs sectional has no one to challenge them.
Goodluck to all teams as they get close to the draw.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

SchmidtHappens wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:35 pm I am disappointed in Coal Grove.

I thought the D4 tourney was as intriguing as ever. Tons of teams that could win the district championship.
Coal Grove has shown they are the best team by a decent margin. They looked so strong against Gallia. Those successful football players are now basketball players. They have a point guard who can score and shooters. Very impressed. 25 pts better than New Boston the #2 seed.

Now with the Blevins boy out I think the Meigs sectional has no one to challenge them.

You might want to check your preposition in the first line!! Disappointed For CG?

Or wait... I’m showing my age..... it’s sarcasm..,

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Hawks1112
Varsity

Post by Hawks1112 »

Ok I know I did this before, I'm not down from S.E Ohio, but some of these schools name I get mix u on,back in my day I new them as,Eastern Pike, Western Pike then there's Sciotoville East is that the old Portsmouth East, there's Reedsville Eastern is that what they still go by allso is it still Racine Southern,then I new this team as Ross Southeatern is that what they still go by today

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Hawks1112 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:58 pm Ok I know I did this before, I'm not down from S.E Ohio, but some of these schools name I get mix u on,back in my day I new them as,Eastern Pike, Western Pike then there's Sciotoville East is that the old Portsmouth East, there's Reedsville Eastern is that what they still go by allso is it still Racine Southern,then I new this team as Ross Southeatern is that what they still go by today
Beaver Eastern Pike, Latham Western Pike and Richmondale Southeastern Ross are all Division III this year. Sciotoville Community School (East High School), Reedsville Eastern Meigs and Racine Southern Meigs are all still Division IV.

SchmidtHappens
Waterboy

Post by SchmidtHappens »

LucasDavenport wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:45 pm
SchmidtHappens wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:35 pm I am disappointed in Coal Grove.

You might want to check your preposition in the first line!! Disappointed For CG?

Or wait... I’m showing my age..... it’s sarcasm..,
Well I am confident you are younger than me, but yes. I am just disappointed that CG has shown their quality so plainly. They've taken some of the mystery out of the D4 tourney.

That being said, Sounds like Peebles has a quality group as well.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Coal Grove plays Oak Hill Saturday night 2/3. That will be a great indicator.

Also, I bet all I have that when Norm scheduled this non league game he didn’t count on Coal Grove having enough talent to ruin the perfect season. Norm knows how to find wins. He doesn’t search out losses.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Sopump33
Waterboy

Post by Sopump33 »

I don’t see how CG would not be a number 1! I watch those boys play last night and couldn’t believe how unselfish they are for high school kids. I don’t know much about the rest of D4 but I know a great team when I see one and those kids are a special group..

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

One week left before draw. Who rises and who falls.Peebles has Fairfield,Eastern Brown,Ripley, Fayetteville,Valley and Ports Clay. Ports Clay and Ripley after the draw. Let the games begin.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

New Boston Glenwood has Green 8-6, Ironton St.Joseph 13-3, Portsmouth West 6-8 and Eastern Pike 13-3 all before the draw. All games are away with the exception of West.

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

St. Joe has Rose Hill, New Boston and Symmes Valley at home and are at Notre Dame before the drawing

Flyernation
Waterboy

Post by Flyernation »

2/1/18 final ironton st. Joesph 51 rose hill 34. St. Joe's record goes to 14-3 , big game sat. @ ironton, st. Joesph vs. glenwood new Boston .

Flyernation
Waterboy

Post by Flyernation »

2/1/18 final ironton st. Joesph 51 rose hill 34. St. Joe's record goes to 14-3 , big game sat. @ ironton, st. Joesph vs. glenwood new Boston .

Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

yep that one should be very entertaining!

indians10
Riding the Bench

Post by indians10 »

Peebles beat New Boston

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Northwest shaping up to be very interesting. Hard to get a firm grip on what seedings should be. Coal Grove is the without a doubt #1 to me but will coaches do what’s right? Coal Grove’s schedule is above and beyond the others and their record is right there with the top teams...they play 15-0 #5 State D3 team Oak Hill tomorrow so likely a 5th loss but 2 to best team in SE District D2 Fairland. They have beaten Portsmouth twice and throttled 13-2 D2 Gallia Academy who has a legit 7’0 kid who can play.

To me:

1. Coal Grove
2. Peebles
3. New Boston
4. ISJ
5. Fairfield
6. Whiteoak
7. Green
8. Manchester
9. East
10. Clay
11. ND

Whiteoak started 1-6 (after 4 years of barely ever winning) and have since went 8-3 while playing a decent schedule for this sectional. I imagine several coaches at Northwest tomorrow to watch Whiteoak to gather a look. Much improved from early season and now know how to win.

Fairfield is going the opposite direction

Green with a big win at home over New Boston. Sounds like NB had to get away from their starters and they have a big drop off there. What’s Green’s next best win? They have the record for the 5 seed but haven’t played the schedule of Fairfield/Whiteoak but SOC has the biggest affiliation here but not sure they are as bonded as in the past.

This sectional could win all 4 district semi games IMO

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Records updated thru 2/2

davewottle
JV Team

Post by davewottle »

Leesburg along with White Oak are both 9-9 I believe

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

davewottle wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:50 am Leesburg along with White Oak are both 9-9 I believe
Thanks!

Return to “Boys Basketball”